About this listing
Santa Fe Short Term Rental Permit - on file
Casa de Gracia - a lovely home in the heart of Santa Fe!
Private home • Railyard
Please note: Guests are responsible for payment of New Mexico Sales Tax of 8.1875% and Santa Fe Lodgers' Tax of 7%, charged separately through Airbnb after booking.
Find rest and privacy in our tastefully furnished historic adobe home. From our quiet neighborhood, you’ll be just a 20-minute walk from the Plaza, through some of the most interesting parts of old Santa Fe. We’re 3 short blocks from the exciting Railyard, the new gathering place for Santa Fe’s citizens and visitors; explore museums and galleries, delight in our fantastic restaurants, discover the famous year-round farmers market, and enjoy bike trails. For snow enthusiasts, we are just 17 miles (1/2 hour) from the Santa Fe Ski Basin.
This 4 bedroom house is our family home when we are in town. The front two bedrooms share a bathroom with tub and shower. The rear wing of the home offers two bedrooms which share a bathroom with shower. The rear and front wings of the home are separated by the common living and dining areas, providing some privacy. Three bedrooms offer plush queen beds, while the fourth bedroom (in the rear wing) provides two comfortable twin beds. Skylights, nichos, archways and high ceilings contribute to the unique, light-filled character of the home.
Our home is your home with a beautiful fully equipped kitchen, patio garden, and dining and living area with a fireplace wood stove. Washer and dryer are available. You’ll find wireless broadband internet, Multipure-filtered drinking water, Bluetooth speaker-dock, TV/DVD Player, iron, hair dryer, and other amenities of home. Come in on the Rail Runner from the Albuquerque Airport and walk here…or drive in and use our off-street parking. To get to the Plaza, or to other locations within the downtown area, walk or take the free shuttle service, the Santa Fe Pick-Up, which operates from the Railyard Station a few blocks away.
We invite you to find rest and enjoy the peaceful qualities of the house which has an enclosed garden for privacy. Carly will be your host for your stay…with lots of ideas and connections for Santa Fe activities.
Casa de Gracia
Regular Season 250 per night
Thanksgiving and Winter Holidays 290 per night or 1800 per week
The whole house
Interaction with Guests
As requested. Mostly through email, phone or text. On-site host support is available at all times, as needed.
There is a free shuttle (the Santa Fe Pick-Up) around the downtown area and also up to Museum Hill, and the shuttle's main stop is about a 5-minute walk from the house.
Other Things to Note
There is a Sony Bluetooth speakerdock with direct connect for Ipad/Iphone/Ipod.
We now offer a small LCD panel TV/DVD with antenna (no cable service).
Casa de Gracia
1. Casa de Gracia is a non-smoking household. Smoking is allowed on the porch or patio only. Smoking waste receptacles are provided, and adjacent doors must be closed.
2. The City of Santa Fe does not allow noise or other disturbance outside after 10:00 pm. anywhere outside the home, including the patio, porch, walkways, driveway, carport, etc.
3. People other than those in the Guest party identified through the reservation may not stay overnight on the property. Any other person(s) on the property are the sole responsibility of Guest.
4. SECURITY: For the security of present and future guests, Guest agrees to lock all windows and doors whenever leaving the property.
5. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while Guest is on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss or theft of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
6. Damage: Guest agrees to keep the property and all furnishings in good order, and report any damage immediately to the host or Homeowner. Except for ordinary housekeeping needs, Guest will return the house to Homeowner in the same condition it was found. No professional cleaning will be required by Homeowner to bring the house back to the condition in which it was rented.
7. Guest will only use appliances for their customary intended uses.
8. Pets are permitted only with prior approval and Guest's agreement to abide by our Pet-Friendly Policy.
9. Parking is limited to 3 standard-size vehicles in the rear. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
10. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service, unless arranged in advance for longer stays. While linens and bath towels are included, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
11. Fireplaces and woodstove : Casa de Gracia has a kiva fireplace in the front bedroom (front wing), a woodstove fireplace insert in the living room and a woodstove in the rear wing of the home, for use during the winter months only. Although none of these are required for warmth, guests may choose to use these for enjoyment or supplementary heat. Special instructions will be required for safe use of the kiva fireplace; please ask ahead if you wish to use this fireplace. The fireplaces and woodstove are not operational during the warmer months.
12. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads outside of Santa Fe can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained; however, we recommend four wheel drive during the snow months, especially if the predicted weather during your stay is uncertain. We do not refund due to road conditions.
Bienvenidos! We are so pleased to have you consider our home, Casa de Gracia, for your stay in Santa Fe!
My husband and I live much of the year in Castro Valley, in the east side of the San Francisco Bay Area. We've lived for 15 years in Santa Fe, until the year 2000. Our work as an early childhood educator and therapist keep us in California. Our family loves cooking great food, art, music, West African and Middle Eastern drumming and great new (and old) ideas of all kinds.
We truly enjoy meeting all kinds of people, as appreciation for diversity is central to what we do in our personal and professional lives. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, don't hesitate to contact us. When we aren't home, our friend Carly serves as your most capable host in the City Different.