About this listing
Casa Gallina's El Gallo Grande is a sprawling 1400 square foot, 100 year old traditional Taos adobe home, with a beautiful courtyard garden. Simply Stunning. Fresh eggs from the chickens and veggies from organic gardens !!!
El Gallo Grande is a sprawling 1400 square foot, 100 yr old traditional Taos adobe home, with a beautiful courtyard garden. Simply Stunning and only two miles from historic downtown Taos Plaza!
El Gallo Grande features:
• Three bedrooms and two bathrooms of luxurious, artisan and antique furnishing
• Queen sized beds in each bedroom with organic flannel (in winter) or sateen (in summer) bedding
• Over-sized goose down comforters and pillows (guaranteed for allergy sensitive people)
• Full cook's eat-in kitchen with a cozy Kiva wood-burning fireplace next to an old dining table
• A spacious living room with natural mud and clay plasters, wood plank floors, and traditional Viga ceilings
• Private courtyard garden with outside dining table and shady hammock
• Wireless Laptop computer with high speed Wifi
• Satellite TV/ DVD/ CD player
And our flock of hens out back will supply you with all the eggs you like ... and in season, the vegetable gardens are yours to pick from to keep you healthy with fresh veggies!
Fresh Eggs from the happy hens.
Fresh Organic Veggies from the gardens.
Hammocks and Grounds on the three acres.
Orchards and Shade trees.
Interaction with Guests
I love hosting my guests. I am here to greet you and point you to all my favorite spots in Taos. I will be your host while you're here.
Casa Gallina is only five minutes from downtown, but it feels like you're in the country! We're in Taos' old agricultural and pastoral valley. Horses, goats, chickens, donkeys, sheep, flowing rivers and acequias are what you'll see. Big mountain views in the distance.
You'll want a car.
Other Things to Note
My price listed is for three to six guests. I have a lower rate for two guests. Ask me for those details.