About this listing
The Historic Nobleman's Loft & Terraces
Welcome to One of Rome's Ultimate Homesteads
Centuries ago, a Roman Nobleman commissioned the building with majestically high wooden rafter ceilings and steps from his personal apartment on the second floor - known as the piano nobile - leading down to the horse stables below (now the wine cellar). The original wooden beams and arches are still there today and the place has a theatrical feel to it - it begs you to invite friends over to share in the feeling of history.
Selected by the airbnb staff who stayed and filmed here for the airbnb hosting in Rome video.
A very large ancient apartment with 4 Bedrooms each with its own bathroom and with 3 eat-out terraces
The two upstairs bedrooms have double beds which CANNOT be separated into two singles. There is a long narrow room downstairs with two beds and a bathroom. It is ideal for two children or one adult. Not for two adults and no good at all for a couple - beds are not side by side. The fourth bedroom is located adjacent to the main apartment, giving a little bit of space from the main living area.
There's also a double sofa-bed in the living room, and cots can be provided to make the total number of beds available 12.
The Renella Nobleman's Loft:
* Near Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere - easily walk to everything in historic Rome - benefit from Rome's most charming restaurant and artisan area. It has been so since 185BC.
* You are surrounded by hundreds of great restaurants and bars - just meters away
from our quiet street. The best bread in Rome is baked 50 feet away.
* Huge 25 foot ceilings of original wood rafters - Roman Arches
* Cotto Floors - the same family in Naples still bakes them!
* Very comfortable living room area w/ large couches, high end music system
* Large Screen Plasma TV for PC hook over Fireplace - also high end stereo for PC hook up. Your PC/Mac/Ipad plugs in right at the couch. There's an ipod dock there too
* Home gym with running and cycling TechnoGym machines. Yoga instructor on call.
* Eat-out Terraces - 1) Stone table with seating for 6+. 2) Tiny terrace off the kitchen for two. A view of the charming inner-courtyard to match the painting on the wall 3) The 4th bedroom's inner courtyard terrace suits four people. Charming.
* Designer Kitchen -washer/dryer/dishwasher/toaster/coffee/German Stove with BBQ
* Air Conditioning in all bedrooms and living areas
*3 bedrooms - all with own ensuite bathroom/shower add the adjacent pad for 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
* Total of real beds (3 queens/double) and several temporary beds available for a max of 12 people.
* WIFI, international TV etc.
* Our family has been in Rome for zonks and can thus recommend all sorts of activities lead by those we know very well: Yoga by a Patricia Walden certified instructor, Italian cooking classes with a well known Italian cooking blogger, fitness in your own home, skip the line Vatican tours etc etc.
We try hard to please. Please see the reviews.
The real difference between this and a hotel is 1) HEAPS more space 2) A REAL kitchen - approved by a top NY chef that visited recently 3) This has been the real home of a Roman for centuries 4) You are the ONLY valued guests - we treat you as such!
The owner Martin will answer your questions before and during your stay. I mean REALLY assist you. If you want blow by blow help as you plan and enjoy Rome, we can be there for you. If you want complete privacy and no communication as you get away form email etc for a while that's great too. See the reviews....
BOOKED UP? Never fear! I have a rival Roman Jewel that is probably free: http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/230555
Why do I say it's Historic? Well the building probably dates from the 1600s but it was built on top of ruins from far before. Last week, we scratched into the terrace wall and found a Roman Arch buried inside! I posted pics (email hidden)w it is not every day that you have to call in the archeologists when you are making a coffee corner on your terrace! No Wonder Rome's subway has taken decades for a few miles... Please have a look at the pics!
If you are going to Barcelona next, I have a heap of friends with great places so I can refer you if you'd like an insider's opinion.
This is one of the top places to stay in Rome for families or mature groups of friends. We don't accept college student groups.
We are in a quiet cobblestone backstreet not far from the best bakery in Rome a short walk from everything.
You'll have access to the entire floor of the medieval building - complete with Roman aqueduct on the terrace! There are steps leading down to the old stables but that is now just my mini-cellar....
4 bedrooms, 2 downstairs two upstairs. 3 balconies. All in a super fun but quiet corner.
Interaction with Guests
We are hyper present for our guests. We substitute for ours of google and provide you connections to the best contacts that we've put together over the years. We're there if you have a problem and are never intruding - we are mostly helping you by email yet live nearby if you need us.
Please don't wear shoes in the house as the Cotto floors are very ancient and very fragile.
Please WATER the plants as they will die of thirst without your help Thanks!!
No smoking indoors.
I have put extra adapters and extensions for your convenience, please leave these for future guests to enjoy
When leaving please leave the dirty towels and sheets on the bed. Please leave the keys on the table.
From Dec 8 - 20, 2015 the minimum stay is 4 nights.