About This Listing
Best location in Playa. Just 2 minutes walking to the beach and 7 minutes walking to the famous fifth avenue. You can relax in a beautiful beach during the day or discover the Riviera Maya and in the night just walk to a local restaurant in the Fifth
The house is located in a cul of sac, close to the beach (walking distance=200 mts.), close to the main tourist street the fifth avenue in the gated community Playacar.
Casa Ikil is a 4 Bedroom 3 Bathroom, it is rented with bed linen, towels, beach towels, wifi, cable TV, ceiling fans, charcoal Weber grill.
Bedroom downstairs: 1 X Full size Bed with A/C
Bedroom 1 upstairs: 1 X King size Bed with A/C
Bedroom 2 upstairs: 1 X Full size Bed
Bedroom 3 upstairs: 1 X King size Bed with A/C
The following costs are included: water, gas, potable water, internet, one time cleaning per week.
The A/C is not included.
The backyard overlooks to the jungle park so you can enjoy a relax view and if you are lucky even see some lillte animals call cereques or tropical birds.
All the house is only for you, so you can have completely access to all of it. Directly across the street the common pool and tennis court can be used.
Interaction with Guests
We will be in the house for your arrival day, to show you the house, the beach and to give you the keys. Also, if you need anything during your stay we will be neighbors and we can help you with any questions you have.
Playacar is a gated community and has a very clean beautiful beach, which for us is the best one in Playa del Carmen. It is not crowded with sunbathers and it is cleaner. It will always have less people than the main bay and Mamitas. So you can enjoy both, the busy beaches of Playa within a walking distance and just relax on Playacar beach.
When you stay with us you enjoy both Playas. The busy famous fifth avenue with restaurants, shops, clubs and entertainment; at the same time you just relax in a quiet Playa hear the birds in the morning and feel in paradise. The fauna that you can see is cereques (mix of rabbits, squirrels and rats), coati, iguanas, birds, and raccoons.
To get to Playa del Carmen from Cancun you can take the ADO bus, whish is $140 pesos (11USD) and once you arrive to the Terminal in the fifth avenue you can walk to our house (10 minutes) or take a taxi. The quickest way to arrive is with a private transfer, if you want we can book it for you.
Once in Playa, you can walk around or take taxis. If you want to discover the Riviera Maya, you can do it with tours or by yourself with a rented car or in a colectivo (public transport that can take you to Tulum/Cancun) or with an ADO bus. We will give you the information when you arrive.
Other Things to Note
Is your chance to reserve it and meet us in your next holiday!!!
We can assist you with any activities that you may require during your holidays, such as tours, rent a car at a fair rate, airport transfers or some secret tips from the locals.
1. Respect CHECK IN and CHECK OUT times. Check in time 15:00 P.M and Check out is 10:00 A.M. Early Check Ins and Late Check Outs need to be approved. If you go to the beach the day check out and do not leave by 10 AM, an extra charge will occure. If there is no check ins on that day and you get our permition we will be able to extend check out.
2. No smoking inside the property. Smoking is allowed outside only. Upon check out, if smoke smells are detected inside the condominium security/damage deposits will be forfeited.
3. No parties or noise disturbance. Any behavior inappropriate including excessive noise, throwing items from balconies, destruction of property, leaving the doors open and behavior resulting in complaints from other guests may result in eviction without refund and/or loss of security deposit.
4. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
5. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. The renter acknowledges that the property owners, their employees, and agents do not carry personal liability insurance and cannot be held responsible regardless of fault, for any accident, loss, damage or injury suffered by the renter, members of their party or any other guests which the renter or their party have allowed access to the property
6. It is the Guest duty responsibility for the property at all times during their visit. It is their duty to make sure all doors and windows are secure and locked before leaving the unit, even if it is for just a quick stroll down the street or to the beach.
6. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
7. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
8. Pets are not allowed.
10. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens, bath and beach towels are included in the unit. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units; only the beach towels can be taken out.
The unit will provide initial toilet paper and basic cleaning supplies prior to arrival. Guests are responsible for additional household and personal supplies. Excessively messy or dirty units may be subject to additional cleaning charges.
11. If you should discover that your unit has not been cleaned or has damages, please report it to us immediately and we will make all efforts to resolve the problem. Check out time is not the time to inform us about the problems.
12. KEYS – Two sets of keys will be provided. There is a 40USD charge to replace lost keys.
13. Do not flush anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog, you could be charged damages.
14. FANS & LIGHTS & A/C– turn them off when you are not using them. Thanks.
15. Tenants agree to pay for any damage caused even if the amount exceeds security deposit amount of 500 USD.
16. In case of Natural Disaster such as Hurricanes, if the reservation needs to be canceled due to the circumstances, you will receive a full credit for future reservations.
Very close to the beach and to town, yet peaceful neighborhood. Maria was a wonderful host. The house was perfect for two families.
Maria und Ralf sind sehr nette, freundliche und hilfsbereite Gastgeber. Immer zur Stelle, wenn man Fragen hatte oder Hilfe benötigte. Die Straße ist sehr ruhig und schön, durch den Garten gelangt man in 2 Minuten zum wunderschönen Strand von Playacar
Overall, we enjoyed our stay in Playa del Carmen. Maria and Ralf were very friendly. The house was difficult to find in the dark, but after some time our driver found it and Maria greeted us and provided a map of Playa with recommendations. She also gave us a tour of the house, and showed us where the pool was, and how to walk to the beach. We didn't end up using the pool because there were a lot of mosquitoes and it wasn't very clean, but the beach was a short walk. We were a little disappointed in the cleanliness of the house as there were ants and bugs in the kitchen and bedrooms. Also, it was quite noisy for being in a cul de sac. There was a dog barking at all hours day and night, and loud pounding music, which we were unsure if it was coming from another house or a nearby hotel/club. The house is pretty 'no frills'. The beds & pillows weren't terribly comfortable, and we only received one set of towels for beach & showers for the week. There is also very little privacy in the house as everything echoes, there are no curtains on the windows downstairs, and the houses are no more than a few feet apart.
The neighborhood felt very safe and there were sidewalks winding all the way through Playacar and into town, so we were able to walk almost everywhere.
First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review, we appreciate all feedback and welcome the opportunity to address any and all concerns. We apologize that your stay was not as you expected. That being said I am a bit surprised to read of your displeasure as we saw you nearly every day, and you always indicated everything was going well. Had you, or any member of your family, mentioned any of the issues you indicated I assure you we'd have acted upon them immediately. I will do my best to reply to each in hopes that the same meets with your satisfaction.
- We have a full-time employee for the swimming pool and garden. He comes everyday, with the exception of Sunday. If you went swimming on Sunday it is likely that leaves and other vegetation had accumulated since his visit on the previous Saturday. This is a tropical region with many trees and weather conditions beyond our control (i.e., wind and rain) which can sometimes affect the condition of our outdoor spaces.
- Regarding the mosquitoes, there is only so much we can do to control them. They can be seasonal and are also more prevalent after a rain, at sundown and near plant life. This is a normal and expected part of life in the Caribbean, however unpleasant we may find them ourselves.
- The house is fumigated every month to keep bugs at bay, however, we make sure not to do so immediately before arrival of our guests in case of any chemical sensitivity. It is a safe process but it does have a specific fragrance and we prefer the house be fresh for arrivals. In addition, we always go in after the fact and remove any of the unwanted guests the fumigation eradicated. The backyard borders a small jungle park and Mayan ruin so it's not unexpected to have this to contend with now and again. It's one of the accommodations one makes to be close to nature, birds, agouti and yes, insects as well. Had I been aware of your discomfort I would have sent a fumigator over when you left for Akumal so it was sorted out upon your return.
-The Playacar community borders several local businesses and event venues. Depending on the time of year and direction of the wind it is possible you'll hear music or festivities, but to be honest, thus far it has failed to present much of a problem. There is the Jazz festival every November and the music can be heard mostly everywhere, as well as BPM (an electronic music festival) which comes to town a couple of times a year and can be heard thumping into the evening - both of these are well out of the range of our control.
- The house you rented is a mid-range vacation home, priced accordingly for this area. We manage other properties, at a much higher price point, which of course come with luxury bedding, spa bath sheets, evening turn down service, full time maid, Chef etc... We have a wide range of clientele and offer a full spectrum of services to best accommodate their diverse budgets, necessities and unique requests. This home sticks to the basics, offering what any family may need during a holiday. The photos on the website are unaltered and we believe are an accurate and honest representation.
- While the home has curtains in all the bedrooms and private spaces, a collaboration with the owners resulted in keeping the downstairs windows bare to allow greater access and enjoyment of the outside spaces. In the interest of privacy for the occupants, however, we had polarized windows installed so that one would have to get very close to the windows from the outside to see in.
We feel that the advantages of the home outweigh the acknowledged inconveniences (mosquitoes, leaves in the pool, wildlife) and that it offers a great space, at a fair price, with a short walk to the beach and 5th Avenue – a great value for one’s vacation time and dollar. That being said I will again sincerely apologize if the home and our services failed to live up to your expectation as it is our intention to exceed them each and every day for every one of our guests. We welcome an opportunity to make your next vacation everything you hope it to be, if that’s not in the cards then we wish you fabulous holidays from here on out.
Again - our many thanks,
We just came back from our vacation in Playa. Maria was an wonderful and extremely helpful host. She gave us some great information in regard of attractions in the area, good restaurants, and beach activities. The house is lovely! It is literally 2 minutes walking distance to the beach and a few minutes to the beautiful Fifth Avenue. I definitely recommend staying at Maria's house!
We had such an amazing experience at Maria & Ralf's place in Playa Del Carmen. They are the sweetest people in the world and made our stay so much fun.
First off, the house is gorgeous with Mayan ruins and jungle in the backyard. You have everything you need here and more! Maria & Ralf greeted us when we first arrived and told us everything we needed to know about Playa. They live next door and came by to help us plan our excursions throughout the trip and even helped us get back to the airport. One of us had credit card issues in Mexico and they let us use their phone. They welcomed us into their home, let us store our bags on the way out, and even let me rest as we awaited transportation. Their children are so sweet and it was such a pleasure getting to know their family!
The location of the property is close to the aviary in the jungle and very close to the beach. It is not too far from the center of town but you don't feel like you are in the busy city. I want to go back and stay here every year!
Maria & Ralf- Thank you so much for letting us stay in your beautiful home. Say hello to the boys for me! You gave us an incredible experience and we can't thank you enough. I wish you well in everything and hope to see you again in the future.
To all those looking for a place to stay in Playa- this best place to stay. period.
Maria, ralf and their family were simply wonderful not just as host but as people.
The apartment is just amazing and I think we couldn't ask for anything better.
Rooms and beds are huge, clean, all the furnitures you could imagine and neighbored is the best in Playa del Carmen immerse in a natural park, next to the beach with 24/7 Security.
We couldn't ask for anything better.
Thanks Maria and Ralf
Maria was a lovely hostess and the house was brilliant. Perfect location; safe, quiet and private and a few minutes walk from the centre of town. Would definitely love to come back to playa and rent the place again! Beso!
This host has 91 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Maria Fernanda
We are a mexican-german family, we speak spanish, english and german and we live here in Playa since 3 years. We love the nature, snorkeling, walking on the beach and enjoying the sound of the jungle and the sea. At the same time we enjoy also the nightlife and the restaurants in the fifth avenue. So we have the quiet beach and the fifth in walking distance.
We just walk 2 minutes and enjoy an almost solitaire beach and also the golf course PLAYACAR PALACE GOLF CLUB within the community. We have access to the tennis court and swimming pool which you can also use them. Its just paradise for us!
Feel free to contact me for availability and any other inquiries that you might have about my listing. Thank you