Apartment for rent with sunny terrace.
Located in a quiet street in the Center of Historic Bruges.
Only 10 minutes walking distance from the central market square.
First floor (one up):
* open kitchen with fire, fridge/freezer, microwave-oven, coffeemachine, hot-water boiler, washing machine
* children's chair
* livingroom with a sofa and a sofa-bed ,cable TV, radio, cd player,dvd player and a selection of movies
* sunny terrace
* 1 bedroom with a double bed and a wardrobe
* 1 bedroom with a bunk bed for 2 persons, 1 single bed and a baby bed.
* bathroom with a shower
- water, gas, electricity
- bed linnen
- cleaning products
- detergent for washing machine
- basic cookery products (oil, spices, …)
- coffee, tea, sugar and milk
- usage of Wifi
Child friendly apartment:
* babysit service with authorized organisation
* information especially for kids
* a collection of toys
You will receive a map of Bruges, the official city guide and a quidebook with our recommendations for sightseeing, bars, coffeebars, bistro's, restaurants, ...
Maps with cycle routes are available.
For guests coming by car:
Bruges is divided in 3 parking zones. The apartment is situated in the 'blue' zone. In the 'blue zone' you must use the new European parking card between 9 AM and 8 PM. So you can park for free up to 4 hours. There's no time limitation on Sunday. We offer a parking card in the apartment that you can use during your stay.
By arrival we explain where to park for free and without limitation, just outside the city center.
For guests coming by public transport: within 10 minutes you arrive with bus no. 4 or 14 from the station of Bruges.
Price taxi from the station to the apartment : 12 €
Night entrance possible.
Très bel appartement. Bien situé dans une très belle ville.
nous sommes contents de notre séjour.
Absolutely lovely apartment. It was exactly as pictured. Extremely clean, modern design, tons of information provided (maps, guidebooks, etc), and all of the little things you would need! It was within a ten minute walk to the central area. Walking was nice anyways because we have never been so I enjoyed exploring a bit. My son loved the toys (which it was evident that they had been clean in between stays) and he was comfortable in his crib. Not bringing a pack-n-play made it so much easier to travel. The only thing was the high chair. We couldn't find the piece to go across his belly. Overall we had a wonderful stay and would love to visit again! Thank you for your hospitality!
David and Machteld have put a lot of thought into exactly what makes a great holiday let. It was a real 'home from home' with everything you might need, comfortable, very clean and a pleasure to return there each evening.
The guide books and information were a great help, especially the folder with information particular to the apartment itself.
The location was excellent, very easy to explore all areas of Brugge on foot, ten minutes to the centre and an easy bus ride to the train station. If only we had stayed a couple more days!
A fabulous apartment with truly great hosts - we arrived and checked in very easily and were reassured that with any problems we could nip next door. The beer David and Machteld left was great, we bought more the next day! And everything was spotlessly clean with everything we needed for a lovely relaxing stay. We loved the apartment and the location, perfect to walk into the centre and quiet enough to feel truly peaceful, and we felt very safe. We really enjoyed our time in Bruges and would love to come back, thank you David and Machteld for a great holiday!
David and Machteld were great hosts, they had a whole folder of the closest bakery/coffee/restaurants, along with city guides for Bruges! The house is clean and modern, and an easy 10mins walk to the town centre. Thanks for hosting!
David and Machteld's apartment was spotless, modern and in a great location just a short walk to the town square. All the appliances were top of the line, all the basics were in the pantry, fresh milk in the fridge, lovely crisp linen and Machteld even provided some local beers which was a lovely thought. There was lots of information and maps of Bruges provided. Getting into the apartment couldn't have been easier and Machteld very kindly rang a taxi for us when we were leaving. The only negative about the place was the stairs. They were so steep and narrow that we were unable to take our suitcases up to the bedrooms on the top floor. Not really a problem, but a bit of a nuisance to leave them in the living area. But, all in all, a wonderful apartment and great hosts.
David and Machteld were perfect hosts for our stay in Bruges. From the moment we arrived we were greeted kindly and with extensive Bruges guides. They even left us welcome beer. The apartment was as clean as could be and had all of the comforts of home. Like other reviews said, the toilet is on the first floor and the rest of the bathroom is on the second floor, but we did not have any issues with it. The only consideration is both sets of stairs are narrow and steep. It was a bit hard to get our heavy suitcases up the stairs. The stairs may not be good for people who are elderly. Other than that our stay was wonderful and I look forward to staying there again on my next visit to Bruges!
Such a wonderful flat. I loved the location and ease of getting into the central area. The hosts were wonderful. The flat was as exactly as it is shown in the pictures. I look forward to staying there on my next visit
My boyfriend and I stayed at David and Machteld's for a long weekend. We found the place easily and could park directly outside. Overall it was a great experience and I would not hesitate it staying there agin.
Here is what we found to be the positives and the negatives:
- Beautiful, clean apartment, fully equipped and very cosy and comfortable
- Great location, less than 10 minutes walk to the centre
- Easy parking and flexible arrival/departure times,which we really appreciated.
- Kitchen fully equipped, welcome beer on arrival, tea and coffee
- All relevant tourist information supplied
- Very prompt and clear communication from the hosts
- The only toilet was downstairs - not a problem during the day but if you need to go at night it involves negotiating very steep stairs, walking through the whole apartment and turning on all the lights just to find the bathroom! I was surprised there was not a toilet upstairs. This may be an issue for those with children, as the stairs are quite tricky in the middle of the night, and we almost fell down them on numerous occasions. Also. there is no sink in the only toilet.
- The front door uses a digicode system, which is very practical as you don't have to worry about losing the keys. However on two occasions we came downstairs to find the door open, so anyone could have come in. Both times we were convinced we had shut it properly. So do double check it!
However, on the whole it was a lovely stay and we would would stay there again. The positives definitely outweigh the slippery stairs!
Stayed here with a friend after New Year and everything you see and read about is exactly what you get. We had everything we needed and David and Macteld were next door if we needed them. Extremely comfortable beds and cosy flat. Great choice.