About this listing
Nature Homestay & Spa. Share and experience a man's dream place back to nature, off grid, relax and be adventurous. City folks with OCD are not advisable to stay here and also if you cannot live a day without FB or Internet, you are also not advisable to stay.
Rumah Holistic is a wellness retreat centre set in the surrounding of the nature. Hidden in a rainforest valley. Shielded in a half-circle by foliage covered mountains, the place is full of positive energy.
The area covers about 1800 square meters, consists of an indoor and outdoor spa, 2 fan rooms, an outdoor kitchen, training shelter for yoga and meditation, a small rock hill for lying on hammock and a stream with clear mountain water running through the yard with fish similar to the fish spa, except its natural.
Each room consist of a queen size bed, fan, air-condition, basic furniture and bathroom attached with water heater. All rooms are fixed with mosquito net and anti-crawling insect door gap blocking panels.
Birds and animals, such as the racket tails, horn bills, squirrels, monkeys can be seen in short distance and residence with 2 friendly dogs and 2 lovely cats. Yes, the dogs bark sometimes, so as the gecko and many insect sound from the nature. There is no absolute quietness.
Plenty of fruit trees in the surrounding and we are in the process of growing herbs and organic vegetables.
Cooling and windy at night. The best place to look at the stars lying on our reclining chairs.
This is a place to relax, recharge and rejuvenate your body mind and soul. Guests are encouraged to have personal one-on-one encounter with the owner, Eric Goh who is well known on the island for his giving heart and healing hands, and ready to listen to your worries over a cup of herbal tea prior to performing one of the many available treatments at the spa.
You can also attend the yoga, meditation, Tai Chi class, Reiki energy healing sessions or pick up a 3-day intensive massage course.
Take a morning stroll in the hill side or evening sunset walk in the jungle to experience the serenity and enjoy the cool refreshing air.
Self service free laundry with natural solar drying. Iron and iron board available.
Simple workout equipments such as dumb bells, gym ball, push up handles available. We also have two mountain bikes for rent. Jungle trekking available by request. It takes 30 minutes to trek up the hill and look at beautiful sunrise at 7am.
Car, bike or bicycle rental IS A MUST, but if you would like to hire a taxi, we have two regular trust worthy and friendly taxi drivers that you can arrange with them. Other than that, not many other taxi drivers know our place.
Walking keeps you healthy. Mini markets, internet, restaurants, main street where taxi passing through at down hill 15 minutes walk. Beach and fishing village at 20-30 minutes walk.
Nature and wellness programs include day trip for jungle trek, kayaking, mangrove boat cruise, outdoor spa and massage, lunch at the waterfalls or private island massage and wellness retreats incorporating yoga, meditation, reiki, Tai Chi Qi Gong, herbs, fruit & vegetables detox, talks and workshops on healing and wellness, all available upon request.
Great place for singles, honeymoon couples and lovers who seek for nature serenity and privacy!
Rumah Holistic is located at a very secluded area, not easy to find. Please make contact via message prior to arrival to arrange for pick up or get direction while you still have access to the internet. Otherwise please get a local SIM card to call, it is very cheap and most reliable! Forget about your smartphones, they are not so smart when come to jungle! GPS, Waze, iPhone Map will lead you to NO WHERE!
Other Things to Note
No Wifi! We prefer to connect with mother nature, our hearts and souls.
1. No smoking in the room. Only smoke outside.
2. No kids allowed below 12, kids over 12 need to be accompanied by an adult.
3. We are located in the jungle, be alert of what would be in the nature.
4. Do not disturb, alter, leave anything behind or take anything away from the nature.
5. Recycle and compose bio-degradable waste at the bins prepared.
6. Conserve water and energy use at all times.
7. Simple cooking is allowed and share only one small refrigerator with the owner.
8. Wash and dry all cooking utensils and cutlery each time after use.
9. Clean room only when it is needed.
10. Change of towels and bed sheets only when they are dirty.
11. Free use of washing machine. Minimum 5 Items at one time and use only quick wash.
12. Not advisable going into the jungle, river and rock hill area after dark without guide or supervision.
13. Do not feed the animals, wild or house pets.
14. Do not harm, agitate, kill any living creatures on the premises.
15. Keeping quiet at all times as we also run a spa and meditation from time to time.
16. Breakfast is included, but you can also cook in the kitchen. Homestay means you are staying at my house, so you eat what I eat, unless you have special food requirements then please tell me in advance. I usually have breakfast from 8am-10am because I start working at 10am. If you wake up late, you can help yourself.
17. I also run a in house spa, in house guests get 20% discount except for yoga.
About the Host, Eric
I am a loving, authentic, down to earth, passionate guy. Love nature, animals, spa, massage, yoga, reiki energy healing, healthy lifestyle. I left city life after 14 years in the rat race and decided to move to the jungle, living off grid, leading a simple, balance and happy life. Money is not everything, dreams are! I believe if its to be its up to me! Enjoy life to the fullest! Spiritual but non religious. LGBT friendly, single parent friendly, free will and spirits, liberal, compassionate.