About this listing
Share and experience a man's dream house by going back to the nature, off grid, relax and be adventurous. This is also a well known wellness retreat & spa on Langkawi island called Rumah Holistic (house of holistic).
The whole area covers about 1,800
square meters with a little house and spa surrounded by a rock hill and the rest are lush green rain forrest. There is also a little stream with clear and cooling water running between the rocks and trees. Fish and fresh water shrimps will come nibble your feet. Lots of wild animals and friendly house pets. I have four friendly dogs and three lovely cats. Outdoor BBQ, cooking and dining under the stars.
It is advisable to rent a car, scooter or bike as we are located in a jungle and not many taxi drivers know how to come. Arrange with the host.
Access to famous Cenang beach is 20mins drive. To cable car is also 20mins drive. To airport only 10mins drive. To fishing village and seafood is 20mins walk. Buffalo park 20mins cycle. Beautiful Sunrise on the hill 30mins walk.
Many local shops, restaurants, internet downhill about 15mins walk. Please make sure you are fit enough as the walk is hilly and the weather can be very humid.
It is dark at night walking on jungle path, so advisable to bring a torch light.
No WiFi at Rumah Holistic as we would like our guests to fully enjoy the tranquility and serenity of the nature. Let's talk to each other, stay connect with each other and with the nature, talk to our hearts and souls, instead of busy with your iPad or smartphone.
Interaction with Guests
I will be with you most of the time to share knowledge and information unless you are ok just to be with yourself. Then I will leave you alone.
There is a list of recommended activities available in your room.
I also love to share my knowledge and experience regarding wellness, spa, nature, herbs, nutrition, animal, traveling, life and spirituality as in universal love, humanity and sharing of positive energy, I am not into any religion. I welcome exchange knowledge and information in the similar fields and we can always learn from each other.
My house is right next to the jungle and I only have one nearby neighbour. There is a small village, while most villagers do not speak much English but they are very friendly. There is also a fishing village nearby, seafood easily available at very cheap price.
As my house is not located at commercial or touristic hub. Getting around is only easier if you rent a car, scooter or bike. Langkawi has only a few roads, you will not get lost if you have a map. For scooter and biking, please consider the hot and raining weather which has becoming unpredictable due to global warming. Otherwise it is a pleasant ride and a good exercise.
Other Things to Note
Please bare in mind that I live in the JUNGLE. Some insects and geckos may still get into the room. The kitchen is in an open concept, the garden is my living room, the hammock is my library... wind may blows, leaves may fall, moss will grow... squirrels, monkeys, moth, ants, termites, spiders, geckos, grasshoppers... are every where... Please do not expect clinical or sterilized cleanliness.
Most of my furniture and house items are recycled, used, being given or collected from the nature. Some are old and not matching to each other, but they are still in good conditions. I try to live a environmental friendly life and discourage new productions of things.
Basically, if you have an OCD, you are not advisable to stay here!
The cats and dogs are not allowed in the room but they are free roaming outside. If you are phobia with animals or have an allergy. Best not to stay here.
1. No smoking in the room. Only smoke outside.
2. No kids allowed below 12, kids over 12 need to be accompanied by an adult.
3. We are located in the jungle, be alert of what would be in the nature.
4. Do not disturb, alter, leave anything behind or take anything away from the nature.
5. Recycle and compose bio-degradable waste at the bins prepared.
6. Conserve water and energy use at all times.
7. Simple cooking is allowed and share only one small refrigerator with the owner.
8. Wash and dry all cooking utensils and cutlery each time after use.
9. Clean room only when it is needed.
10. Change of towels and bed sheets only when they are dirty.
11. Free use of washing machine. Minimum 5 Items at one time and use only quick wash.
12. Not advisable going into the jungle, river and rock hill area after dark without guide or supervision.
13. Do not feed the animals, wild or house pets.
14. Do not harm, agitate, kill any living creatures on the premises.
15. Keeping quiet at all times as we also run a spa and meditation from time to time.
16. Breakfast is included, but you can also cook in the kitchen. Homestay means you are staying at my house, so you eat what I eat, unless you have special food requirements then please tell me in advance. I usually have breakfast from 8am-10am because I start working at 10am. If you wake up late, you can help yourself.