About this listing
Linden is Centrally situated, Free Wi-fi & Parking. Friendly atmosphere, & Service with a smile! Our 5 African theme rooms are en-suite. Light, airy & spacious, with comfortable king/ twin beds, distinctive decor & scrumptious buffet Breakfast incl.
Cherry Tree Cottage offers good value for money. We are comfortable, safe and secure, and centrally situated. The five, twin or king bed suites, can accommodate up to ten guests. Relax in the morning on your own private patio, set in a peaceful garden. Enjoy a substantial, wholesome, continental breakfast with that special touch.
• Breakfast is included
- Enjoy a substantial, wholesome, continental breakfast with that special touch.
• Convenient location
- well placed to do business in the city by day
& enjoy country style comfort by night!
• Value for money.
- Master, Visa and AMEX credit cards
- Cash and EFT accepted
- Rates competitive & include Breakfast
- Substantial, wholesome Breakfast served in d/room
- Microwave available in the Dining room.
- Mr Delivery Service.
- Laundry facilities can be arranged
- on- site Transport available.
- Airport Transfers on request
- Easy access to freeways-
- Approx 35 minutes from ORT & Lanseria Airport
- ADSL internet and uncapped Wi-fi available
- well lit work tops with modem for laptop if necessary
- access to e-mail and fax facilities
• Excellent security
- covered off street parking
- remote control access to the property
- gate intercom to main house
- safe suburban neighbourhood
•All five suites offer
- 3 star luxury and more
- king or twin beds in spacious light and airy rooms
- en-suite with shower or shower over bath
- complimentary toiletries.Towels and Linen Provided.
- Serviced Daily
- colour TV with Remote - offering DSTV
- added luxuries ..hairdryer- iron & key to safe on request
- fridge and tea/coffee making facilities, rusks/biscuits
- electric Blankets and wall Heaters in winter
• Privacy - all units have their own
- separate entrances & individual patios
- outdoor tables and braai to enjoy an evening meal
- deckchairs for soaking up the sun & timeout
- the quiet ambience is tangible
- Relax in the morning on your own private patio
- beautiful gardens & indigenous bird life
- swimming pool nearby
Interaction with Guests
Feel welcome, make yourself at home, and enjoy your stay. We're no ordinary Bed & Breakfast. We do things differently. Our prices won't break your bank.. its what sets us apart! Real value for money - that's what you will get!
We are within walking distance of some off beat restaurants & brunch venues. Two shopping malls, a variety of antique/decor stores, & a gym are nearby! Linden is fast becoming one of Joburg's trendiest places to be.
You can use either a taxi or the Gautrain.
1. Gautrain operating hours:
ORT to Sandotn or Rosebank Station
Peak: 05h30 –08h30: 16h00 -19h00;
Every 12 minutes
Off peak: 08h30 –16h00; 19h00 –20h30;
Every 20 minutes
Weekends and Public holidays:
Every 30 minutes
2. The taxi drivers name is Plamen. He usually checks that there is no change in your flight eta before going out to ORT. Plamen will be waiting for you approx 45 minutes AFTER your landing time. It can take up to 60 minutes to get through the formalities.
Other Things to Note
• Close to Melville, Cresta, Randburg, Parkhurst, Greenside, Parkview, Parktown, Rosebank, Hyde Park & Sandton.
• Linden boasts a covered/heated swimming pool, with Emmerentia Dam and Delta Park Nature Reserve in the vicinity.
• There are 6 restaurants nearby. Paputzi's, Satori, Bikaner, Piccolo, A la Bouffe, STIRS & The Cheese cafe.
• The "Gourmet Mile of Jhb"- Parkhurst and Greenside and Emmerentia, Melville and Rosebank is close by.
• We are a stones throw away from some of the best golf courses in Joburg; Wanderers, Randpark, Parkview, Wanderers, Bryanston Country Club, Houghton, Royal Jhb & Kensington Golf Club.
• The Brightwater Common & Monte Casino provide a wide variety of entertainment with top restaurants & cinemas & major shopping malls at Cresta and Rosebank nearby.
• Sandton City & Mandela Square, The Gautrain and all the business and tourist facilities in Rosebank are nearby.
• We are centrally situated for St Augustines, RAU, University of Johannesburg and WITS University.
• The Eye Clinic in Beyers Naude Drive, MTN, Rhema, Randburg, MNet are close.
• An ideal retreat & convenient for all hospitals whether it be: the Donald Gordon Medical Centre; or the Netcare facilities at the Garden City, Milpark, Parklane or Rosebank Clinics; or the Medi- Clinic Hospitals at Sandton; or the Afrox Health care units at the Flora or Brenthurst Clinics.
• We're close to Hackle Brooke, Glenhove Conference Centre, Sandton Convention Centre, Coca Cola Dome, and further to Expo Centre at NASREC, Gallagher Convention Centre.
• Take time out to visit the Apartheid Museum & Gold Reef City Theme park, Constitution Hill, the Origins Centre, Maropeng, Lesedi Cutural Village.
• Further afield is the Sun City, Lost City and Valley of the waves and Pilansberg Nature Reserve.
• Parking: One car per unit on the premises
• Visitors to park outside the premises
• No pets
• No smoking indoors
• No children under 7
• No unauthorised guests overnight
Cherry Tree Bed and Breakfast is set in beautiful gardens in the heart of the leafy suburb of Linden. It was perfectly located for me which is why I chose it.
Ron and Marelyn were welcoming, friendly hosts who ensured that my stay was comfortable and pleasant.
I will definitely be back!
Warm, friendly and cozy is how I would describe the Cottage and the owners who run it. The rooms were spacious, the breakfast was good and it felt like a home away from home. Thanks for your efforts.
About the Host, Marelyn & Ron
Have you got some time to spend with us?......
Take advantage of our South African hospitality wherever you go and
experience our wide variety of fascinating cultures and local traditions.
Let yourself be drawn into the rhythm and soul of Africa.
Make the most of your time with us......
Feel welcome, relax and enjoy your stay.