About this listing
Enjoy the beauty of North Lake Tahoe's West Shore in our Chalet style cabin. Imagine yourself sitting in front of the fireplace gazing through the sliding glass doors, a warm drink in hand, as snowflakes drift lazily through the pines. Room for 10.
Just steps from Tahoe National Forest, this beautifully furnished Chalet Cabin offers a spectacular view of nature. Enjoy watching snowflakes drift lazily through the pines from the couch, three recliners, or deck. Envision yourself in front of the fireplace gazing through the windows, a warm drink in hand. The peaceful ambiance at this cabin offers guests a reason to do absolutely nothing, completely without guilt! Slow down, take a break, unwind, loosen up, chill out, and put your feet up. When you get tired of watching the views, draw the drapes, start a fire in the wood-burning fireplace and watch a 60" smart TV with a Blu-ray DVD player. And when you are as relaxed as you can be, West Shore is a terrific place from which to do just about everything at Lake Tahoe.
We are two miles from West Shore Café and Inn. We are happy to have guests of the wedding party book with us. We are not licensed for events since we are in a neighborhood setting.
Enjoy the beauty of North Lake Tahoe's sunny West Shore in our chalet style cabin. Our cabin is two blocks off of Highway 89 and backs up to open space. It is four hours to San Francisco and two hours to Sacramento. There's room for two families. The cabin has three bedrooms and a loft so it sleeps ten comfortably.
Our 1850 sq. ft. cabin sits on a half-acre lot on a flat road. There's off street parking for three vehicles in the winter. We own the lot next to us and it can be used for parking additional cars and/or a boat in the summer. It has a guest house on the property that is also available for rent (see ad 332392).
Our cabin has wood and beam ceilings with custom-made doors throughout the house. The living room has a vaulted ceiling with views of the National Forest. Our living room has a couch and three recliners for people who are serious about relaxing. On the opposite wall of the fireplace is an entertainment center with a 60" Smart TV and a DVD player. The center holds books and DVDs. There are a total of four flat screen TV's, WIFI and a landline phone with unlimited long distance. The living room opens by two sliding doors to the front deck which has a barbecue, chairs & table.
The kitchen is new with stainless steel appliances and granite counters plus all other eating, serving, and preparation items. The dining room is separate and seats ten people. There's a booster seat for a young child. It also has its own gas heating stove – great for drying wet snow apparel.
Sleeping - The master bedroom is upstairs and has a shared bath with the loft. The loft has a daybed with a trundle and the living room has a sofa sleeper. The loft overlooks the living room and is a great place for your children to play games and entertain themselves. All three of the bedrooms have queen beds with quality mattresses. The downstairs bath has a private vanity area from the tub/shower/toilet area. There's a Pak 'n Play in the closet for your use.
Spring, Summer & Fall Activities
Looking to escape the heat? Lake Tahoe has you covered. From zip lining through trees (Tahoe Tree Top Adventure Park or Heavenly) to roller skating at 8200 feet (Squaw Valley), and from stargazing to sunset cruises. Bike or drive to some of Tahoe's most beautiful beaches: Chambers Landing ( 1 mile) for Restaurant Dining, Bar, Beach Access, Pier; Sugar Pine Park /Hellman-Ehrman Mansion (3 miles) with sandy, white beach, Vikingsholm Mansion and Meeks Bay Resort (3 1/2 miles). Meeks Bay has a store, beach chairs, picnic tables, a sandy beach, 2 boat ramps, ski boat rentals, canoe and kayak rentals, paddleboats, and guided fishing excursions. For boaters, we own the lot next door and your boat can be parked on it during your visit. We are also close to the access point to the world famous Rubicon Jeep Trail. Only 2 blocks to the West Shore Biking Path that goes north to Tahoe City and South to Meek's Bay or Sugar Pine Park. Eagle Rock (3 miles) is one of Lake Tahoe's most spectacular hiking experiences. Go it on your own or with a guide from Tahoe Rim Trail Association. Surrounding the Lake Tahoe Basin are hundreds of miles of trails ranging from easy to strenuous (a hiking book is in the cabin). You can go mountain biking on the trails that surround the lake. Take a 5 mile Rafting Trip down the Truckee River from Tahoe City ending at the River Ranch Restaurant. Go underground fish viewing at the Taylor Creek Stream Profile Chamber. The Lake of the Sky amphitheater hosts a variety of events. Go horseback riding at Camp Richardson Corral. Have fun scuba diving at Emerald Bay. Heavenly offers summer tubing or a gondola ride. Go golfing at Edgewood Tahoe a course that sits next to the lake. South Shore's Ski Run Boat Company will take you boating or parasailing.
Our cabin is on a flat road for easy access when snowing. We pay for a snow plow for the driveways and provide a shovel for sidewalks. Our house is next to open space (greenbelt) which can be used for sledding, hiking, and snowshoeing. Sugar Pine Park has cross-country skiing and is within walking distance. Homewood Mountain Ski Resort (2 miles) is a great place for children and adults to take lessons. Many savings packages are available. Homewood Ski Resort has the most spectacular views of the lake of any ski resort in the Tahoe basin. Squaw Valley has skiing and ice skating (16 miles) and Alpine Meadows (15 miles) are minutes away.
Hundreds of additional fun activities and places of interest are listed in our Guest Book. PDQ market is close (1/2 mile) by for GREAT sandwiches and last minute pick-ups. There are two supermarkets and lots of shopping & dining in Tahoe City (8 miles). Visit old town Truckee or South Lake Tahoe for unique shopping, dining & entertainment opportunities. See the website on VRBO that show's pictures and info on places that we recommend.
PETS are permitted only with prior approval and payment of pet fee. If you should bring a pet without prior approval, you will forfeit your deposit. We allow one pet of 30 lbs. Pet fee of $15/day. Please do not allow your pet on the furniture as this will result in extra cleaning fees to be taken from your deposit. Dogs must be in a crate when you leave the house. We have a dog crate in the upstairs bedroom closet for your use. Pets tend to scratch doors if left alone in a strange house.
You must be 25 to make reservations. Curfew for noise is 10:00 P.M. No parties or events are to be planned with more than 15 people including the guests from the cabin.
Keywords: Cabin, Lake Tahoe Cabin, Lake Cabin, Lake Home, Lake House, Ski Cabin, Ski Home, Ski House, Winter House, Winter Cabin, Lake House, Lake home, Lake Cabin, Mountain Home, Mountain House, Mountain Cabin, Forest Home, Forest House, Forest Retreat, Summer Retreat, Winter Retreat, Ski Retreat, Forest Cabin, Summer Home, Summer House, Summer Cabin ,House, Home, WIFI, West Shore Café & Inn, Homewood Ski Resort, Alpine Ski Resort, Squaw Valley Ski Resort.
This is a vacation home - we do not live in the area.
The cabin is within walking distance of Chambers Landing - beach and food. Hiking trails start next to our chalet cabin. The bike trails start at the end of our street. There's a deck with a barbecue and a table set.
Interaction with Guests
I'm sorry that we don't get to meet you, we live in Sacramento. This is a vacation home for us. We are available by e-mail or phone.
We love that our cabin backs up to a greenbelt which gives us immediate access to hiking trails and sledding hills. Everyone has at least a quarter acre lot - no sidewalks.
Some bus service. A lot of things are within walking distance.
Other Things to Note
Bears are in the mountains. If you are lucky, you will get to see one. Use caution when leaving windows open or food in your vehicle.
Rental Agreement, Rental Rules
This Short Term Rental Agreement is made by and between Kathleen Travnikoff (“homeowner") and (“guest"). The parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property: The property is located at: 7098 Gray Ave., Tahoma, and Ca.
The property is furnished and includes linens, towels, kitchen appliances (small & large) & tools, paper products, and some kitchen cooking supplies. We do not supply wood, charcoal, shampoo or bath soap.
2. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules and county noise ordinances at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else.
3. Pets are NOT allowed.
4. We are not licensed for events since we are in a residential neighborhood. Parties, bridal showers, wedding reception, etc. are considered to be events. Neighbors are provided contact numbers and should an occasion arise they are encouraged to report disturbances.
5. Guest Cabin is rented as a separate unit.
1. Please read the Vacation Home Rental Permit that is posted by the wood stove. It details parking violations, maximum occupancy, creating a disturbance and trash left outside. Law enforcement may cite you, fine you, or ask you to immediately leave the premises. Noise curfew is 10:00 P.M. Neighbors are provided contact numbers by the county and should an occasion arise they are encouraged to report disturbances. We are not licensed for events (parties, bridal showers, wedding reception, etc.).
2. The maximum number of guests is limited to ten. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the property.
3. Fireplace: We do not supply wood. You can purchase wood in Tahoe City at the grocery stores. Please do not chop wood on the tile or deck - the tile may break and the deck will be permanently damaged. Guests will be charged for damage to tile or deck.
4. Suddenlink, our internet provider tracks illegal downloads. They immediately shut off access to the internet and TV when they detect an illegal download and charge a $100 fee to reconnect. Use your own accounts for movie rentals.
5. Smoking is allowed outside only.
6. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Please use coasters on wood or marble surfaces.
7. Only use appliances and furniture for their intended uses.
8. Lake Tahoe is a national forest and has many wild animals, including bears and coyotes. If you are lucky, you will get to see one. Use caution when leaving windows open or food in your vehicle. Keep the yard and garbage areas picked up and use the bear-proof trash container (reinsert the pin after each use).
9. PARKING – Parking is limited to 3 parking spaces for the cabin and 1 space for the guest cabin. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. We own the vacant lot next door to us so summer tenants have unlimited parking space with room for a boat. In the winter our plow guy will clear snow for cars to park four across. The county will tow and/or impose a $300 fine in the winter months for cars parked on the street. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the owner of the vehicle.
10. Snow Removal: We pay a company to plow the driveway and part of the adjoining lot. They come when there are four or more inches of snow. When you see the plow guy, please move your car so they can clear the driveway.
11. THANK YOU FOR HELPING! If you broil food in the oven, clean the broiler pan. If you use the fireplace, remove the ashes and place in the ash can near the sidewalk.