About This Listing
A quintessential downtown Manhattan loft with about the space of a typical 2 bedroom apartment in the area and high-end designer furnishings. Located in the middle of Lower East Side, the most vibrant, creative and happening part of town.
Stay in my unique apartment occupying half-a-floor of an old building in the Lower East Side , the most lively, eclectic and fun part of Downtown Manhattan. This place features:
- spacious open space with exposed vintage brick walls, 2 old decorative fireplaces, 4 huge windows overlooking Williamsburg bridge and lower Manhattan with vintage fire escape stairs, that can double as a terrace / balcony (if you are not afraid of height and not going to fall out from of it);
- very comfortable contemporary Italian designer king size bed with top of the line European( Flou) mattress and high-end 100% natural down pillows (alternative down pillows are available too), a 100% down comforter, and quality linens;
- two sleek modern sofas that each convert into a comfortable double 45'' wide beds (extra bedsheets and pillows are available);
- a contemporary glass and chromed metal dining table for 6 with leather chairs (I can add another two chairs to those 4 you see in the pictures on request);
- modern kitchen with polished granite counter tops, all new stainless steel appliances, dishwasher, large fridge with freezer and ice maker, separate wine cooler, fancy pots and pants, tableware and glassware;
- breakfast table / island with two counter stools;
- beautiful marble bathroom with full bathtub, Belgian linen shower curtain, plush quality towels, an powerful hairdryer, enough room for your toiletries in the medicine cabinet and drawers;
- Washer and Dryer in the apartment. You can only appreciate this if you've lived in New York and know how rare of a luxury this is in a city apartment.
- a large walk-in closet with mirrored wardrobes and place for all you stuff, so none of it is in your way. My stuff will be there too, neatly stored aside.
All of that comes in a new, immaculately clean condition.
Now, the downsides:
1. 5th floor walk up, no elevator, unattractive building.
Yes, this beautiful apartment is located on the 5th floor of scetchy looking building, with NO elevator. I know, carrying bags up the stairs on arrival and down when you are leaving may be annoying. Otherwise, that doesn't really feel like a big deal if you are young and healthy.
2. The noise of the city.
The apartment is not quiet at night, as it is located in the middle of the liveliest part of Downtown Manhattan. You can hear crowds hanging out on the street from Thursday through Saturday. The Williamsburg bridge traffic can be heard day and night as well. I personally love those sounds of NYC, but if you are a light sleeper, sensitive to street noise and quiet environment is your priority, you should either be prepared to sleep with earplugs or staying elsewhere.
About the area: Lower East Side is the most eclectic, free spirited, creative and fun area of Manhattan with its amazing restaurants, bars, art galleries, designer boutiques, rich history and indescribable night life . The area's famous clubs and live music venues are the hottest destination for crowds from all of the NYC. At the same time, it's way more real and New York's original than Meatpacking district, the touristy West Village or nearby SoHo. It's probably (or definitely) not the right neighborhood to stay if you're a traveling with children or elderly family members, but the best location to be in if you're young and adventurous.
It takes 2-3 min to walk to the closest J, Z, M, F subway station, 5 - 10 minutes walk to Little Italy, Chinatown, Soho and Nolita. You can also reach Williamsburg in 15 minutes by walking across the Williamsburg bridge .
The local restaurants, bars, art galleries and boutiques are way too many to describe, or even mention here. Your food, drinks or entertainment choices in this area can be overwhelming.
I would be happy to provide any local recommendations on request.
It's an absolutely non-smoking and no-pets apartment.
Access of any parts of the building outside of the apartment, other than the stairs leading to it, is not allowed. Please do not attempt to access the rooftop, it's always under security alarm.
Please be respectful to the apartment, its contents and the neighbors while enjoying it to the fullest.
Marina did an excellent job describing what the neighborhood and apartment were like; in fact, I'd say we were pleasantly surprised about how spacious and beautiful the loft was! She was there to greet us when we arrived with a box of truffles and tea, gave us a tour of the apartment, and overall made us feel very comfortable. The neighborhood was lively and fun, perfect for a night out in the city.
Had a wonderful stay for 2 nights at Marina's place. It's so Downtown NYC. Fabulous furnishings. The walk up is just fine and so intriguing seeing the neighbors if their doors are open. I parked my car at the municipal lot 3 blocks away on Essex and Delancey. The whole wall of windows gives you a great view and feel of the city. Space is large and open by NYC standards. Definitely would stay again.
The apartment is beautifully decorated, immaculately clean and in the perfect location. Check-in was easy - the keys are left in a locked device so you don't need to worry about being early/late. The building is bizarre - the other tenants leave their doors open although it's kind of fascinating! It's pretty noisy in the apartment but I'm used to sleeping with ear plugs so it didn't bother me. It's also gets very hot - as with most NY apartments which have constant heating. Would definitely recommend!
We had a good stay at the apartment. The area is nice with shops and restaurants around the corner, and it's close to the subway. We didn't mind the walk up the stairs either. And we enjoyed our late check out.
Thank you Marina for the stay!
Flat looks just like the pictures. Great location. Marina was very helpful answering my questions before and during our stay.
My friend and I LOVED staying at Marina's apartment! Location was great and close to everything we wanted to do in Lower East Side. The Building with slightly sketchy the first time you walk up to the apartment. It is a building primarily of Chinese families that leave there doors open and cook food all day. At first it is weird but by the second day we were saying hello to them. We never felt uneasy about the situation, it almost made us feel more at ease knowing the other building tenants were so trusting with their belongings.
The kitchen in the apartment was great along with the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and everything seemed very clean.
The washer and dryer in the apartment was PERFECT. I actually did all my laundry before leaving and didn't have to do it when I got home! That is a huge plus to me!!
It was really nice to stay at Marinas place and everything was very good. It smells in the stairs but it doesnt matter when the appartment is really nice and clean. Close to the subway. Marina was a very nice host and it was no problem with a late check out. We can highly recommend it!
This host has 296 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews