Welcome, Bienvenue, and Wilkommen to the Lower East Side of New York - the LES for short, where it all began in the U.S.
(SPANISH DESCRIPTION BELOW THE ENGLISH)
I'll give the details quickly so you can see what you will be able to experience on your trip to the Big Apple
• Very spacious loft apartment ( about 2000 square feet last measure - so BIG for New York) in the center of arguably the coolest area of the city ( please do not argue ) , modern and minimalist furniture , no clutter and very clean ( that goes for the host too)
• Your own private bedroom - spacious Queen Bed (with an extra mattress if needed), linens, towels, TV, Dresser, Wardrobe, DVD player, Bose iPod speaker system.
• Your own private bathroom - Jacuzzi Bath, Shower, Hairdryer, Kohler fixtures. All the shampoo and things you will ever need. Only to be used by you.
• Large kitchen - Large , open plan with everything you need to design a gourmet feast, GE appliances , stainless steel counter top . Make any food you want - if it is really good, give me some. Make coffee there in the morning (Bustelo - the best there is).
• Large living room, fireplace, WIFI, HDTV, Bose sound system, the best choice in music (in my opinion, most not consulted). Sit.... Enjoy
• Large dining area - seats lots, great views over the city and over the Williamsburg Bridge. Eat foods mentioned above (probably while seated, although one can never be sure).
• Natural brick walls (as opposed to unnatural I suppose) and a lovely Merbeau wooden floor, both of which look good (but don't say much).
• Floor to ceiling windows throughout - bathed in sun (when the sun is out, mainly, of course)
• Outside seating area and balcony - you can access directly from your room - very private (sometimes I can not find it)
• Full air conditioning / heating in the room - be hot, be cool (probably one at a time)
• Washer / dryer - for use
• Keyed Private elevator entrance (or stairs if u have the energy - does not seem so popular strangely)
• Printer / Scanner available. Pens and paper too, if you are a traditionalist (although we draw the line at lime green markers or camel hair brushes, I'm sure you understand). And there is a universal power adapter for you to use to charge your gadgets too.
• The building is a very smart development, a recently renovated 7-story apartment, brick facade, good views of the city skyline and so on
• 3-minute walk from local subways F , M , J , Z , B or D subway lines ( Delancey and Grand St ), 7 minute walk to the 6 train ( Spring St). Surrounded by buses to every corner of the city.
We also have bikes if you want (used less than they should be!) And are within walking distance of almost everything that matters in Manhattan!
This is a very large and comfortable space that you will be free to enjoy as you wish (this is your holiday after all). Books, music (great as mentioned above), Cable TV up the kazoo, or just relax and chat. Up to you.
Located in the heart of the LES - food (some of the best in the city), drink, fun, shopping all very, very closes. Nearly opposite the Tenement Museum (which is really great). One of the most historic neighborhoods in the U.S. (Perhaps the most). TV, Film and general interest media all the time ( become a star - or an extra anyway) , music clubs and comedy left right and center and Alphabet City, Ludlow Street , East Village, Chinatown and SOHO all in spitting distance - and I can not spit far.
3 blocks from a Whole Foods and a couple of blocks from the Essex Street Market.
I hope everything is covered - email if you need more information, course. I hope to see you soon and I hope I can be part of your visit to this great place.
I wanted to add some notes as people have recently asked me about these specific issues.
My calendar is always updated, so if the apartment listed as available, then it definitely is.
In terms of pricing, once you enter the dates and number of guests and so on, Airbnb will give you an accurate quote and show all costs to you including all Airbnb fees and I always keep that up to date also.
I do not charge for cleaning unless you specifically want me to, of course. I think this a little unfair and the place is always really clean as a matter of course.
Regarding the interaction with guests, - you can have as much or as little as you like - monastic like silence or a plethora of conversations and recommendations on what to do and where to go.
Have a look at area guide I've written showing some good places that I like (you will find it on the buttons above the pictures - at the Maps button, next to the Street View Button)
• No shoes in the apartment
• No smoking in the apartment (use the balcony, please), no drugs, no entertaining guests
• $ 30.00 for lost keys
• Only do things that your mother would be proud of
• Must enjoy yourself - no excuses
Bienvenido, Bienvenue, y Wilkommen al Lower East Side de Nueva York - la LES para abreviar, donde todo comenzó en los EE.UU.
Aqui les doy detalles para que pueda ver lo que usted lo que va y quiere disfrutar en su viaje a la Gran Manzana.
• Muy amplio apartamento loft ( aproximadamente 2,000 pies cuadrados última medida - muy grande para un apartamento en Nueva York ). En el centro de posiblemente el área más divertida de la ciudad, muebles moderno y minimalisto , comodo y muy limpio (y los huespedes también).
• Su propio dormitorio privado - , Cama tamaño queen (colchon extra para extra persona), cubre cama , toallas, closet, TV, reproductor de DVD, bocina Bose iPod.
• Baño privado con Jacuzzi, lavamano con accesorios de Kohler. Ducha, Secador de pelo, champú, condicionador de pelo y las cosas que usted tecesitará.
• Amplia cocina - Plan Grande, abierta con todo lo necesario para hacer una cene tipo gourmet, electrodomésticos de GE , encimera de acero inoxidable. Haga cualquier comida que quieras - si es realmente bueno, dame un poco . Puedes hacerte café en la mañana ( Bustelo - el mejor que hay ) .
• Amplio salón-comedor , chimenea , WIFI, televisión de alta definición , sistema de sonido Bose, la mejor opción en la música (en mi opinión , la mayoría no consultado ) . Siéntese .... disfrute
• Gran comedor , grandes vistas sobre la ciudad y sobre el puente de Williamsburg. Coma alimentos mencionados anteriormente (probablemente mientras se está sentado , aunque uno nunca puede estar seguro) .
• Las paredes de ladrillo naturales ( opuesto a no natural, supongo) y un precioso suelo de madera merbeau , los cuales se ven bien (pero no dicen mucho ) .
• Ventanas de piso a techo en todas partes - bañado en sol ( cuando el sol está fuera, sobre todo, por supuesto)
• Balcon con muebles que queda al lado de tu habitacion - se puede acceder directamente desde su habitación - muy privado ( a veces no puedo encontrarlo)
• Aire acondicionado. Mantente fría o con calor. (probablemente uno a la vez )
• Lavadora / secadora - para su uso
• Con clave entrada del ascensor privado (o escaleras si tienes la energía - no parece tan popular extrañamente )
• Impresora / Escáner disponible. Bolígrafos y papel también, si usted es un tradicionalista (aunque trazamos la línea en los marcadores verdes o cepillos de pelo de camello , estoy seguro de que entiende ) . Y hay un adaptador de corriente universal para que usted utilice para cargar tus gadgets también.
El edificio es solo de tan solo tiene un 7 pisos recientemente renovado , fachada de ladrillo , buenas vistas del horizonte de la ciudad
• 3 minutos a pie del metro locales F, M , J , Z , B o D líneas de metro ( Delancey y Grand St ) , 7 minutos a pie hasta el tren 6 ( Spring St ) . Rodeado de autobuses a todos los rincones de la ciudad.
También disponemos de bicicletas si quieres (utilizado menos de lo que debería ser! ) Y está a poca distancia a pie de casi todo lo que importa en Manhattan !
Esta es una muy grande y confortable espacio que usted será libre para disfrutar a su gusto ( se trata de vacaciones después de todo) . Libros , música ( grande como se mencionó anteriormente ), TV por cable hasta el kazoo , o simplemente relajarse y charlar . Depende de usted .
Situado en el corazón de la LES - restaurantes ( algunos de los mejores de la ciudad) , bebida , diversión, compras todo muy. Casi enfrente del Museo Tenement (que es realmente grande ) . Uno de los barrios con más historia de los EE.UU. ( Tal vez la mayoría) . TV, cine y medios de comunicación de interés general todo el tiempo ( convertido en una estrella - o un extra de todos modos) , clubes de música y comedia de la izquierda derecha y centro y la ciudad del alfabeto , Ludlow Street, East Village , Chinatown y SOHO todos sumamente cerquita
A 3 cuadras del supermecado Whole Food y un par de cuadras de la Essex Street Market .
Espero que todo está cubierto - correo electrónico si usted necesita más información, por supuesto. Espero verte pronto y espero que pueda ser parte de su visita a este gran lugar.
Yo quería añadir algunas notas como personas me han preguntado recientemente sobre estos temas concretos.
Mi calendario está siempre actualizado , así que si la vivienda aparece como disponible , entonces definitivamente lo es.
En términos de precios , una vez que entras las fechas y el número de invitados y demás, Airbnb te dará un presupuesto preciso y mostrar todos los costos para usted , incluyendo todos los gastos Airbnb y siempre mantener que hasta la fecha también .
Yo no cobro por la limpieza a menos que desee que yo , por supuesto. Creo que este un poco injusto y el lugar es siempre muy limpio como una cuestión de rutina .
En cuanto a la interacción con los clientes - se puede tener tanto o tan poco como desee - monástica como el silencio o una gran cantidad de conversaciones y recomendaciones sobre qué hacer y dónde ir .
Echa un vistazo a guía de la zona que he escrito mostrando algunos buenos lugares que más me gustan ( lo encontrarás en los botones encima de las imágenes - en el botón Maps, junto al botón Vista de la calle )
Algunas reglas :
• No hay zapatos en el apartamento
• No fumar en el apartamento ( usar el balcón , por favor) , no drogas , no entretener a los invitados
• $ 30.00 para las llaves perdidas
• Sólo hacer las cosas que su madre estaría orgullosa de
• Debe disfrutar - sin excusas
The apartment is located in bubbling LES. It has a lot of quaint and fun places to eat, or drink. Subway station is a 3 min walk, really close! The area is vibrant and young, and give tourists more a local feel, rather than busy midtown! Definitely check out Allen, Orchard and Ludlow street, and also Alfabet City! (Don't forget breakfast at Katz's!!)
The room and the apartment are just like in the pictures. Everything is spotlessly clean and the place is so beautiful! After a long day of walking, it feels like coming home!
But as perfect as everything was, what made this place even more amazing, were the 2 terrific hosts, Carol and Mark. Although they always respect your privacy, to us it felt as if we were actually staying with friends! Carol is just wonderful and gives the best advice on where to go or where to have dinner. And whenever we shared the nice things we saw or visited that day, Mark would easily tell a story or interesting fact about it, making you want to revisit it all over again! :-) we could go on describing just how lovely these two were, but we probably wouldn't do them justice.
We had such a amazing time staying with them, can't wait to go back! So if you're lucky to find their room vacant, do not hesitate!!!
My husband and I stayed with Marc and Carol for 5 nights and had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. Marc was always available but never intrusive and provided us with all the information we needed.
The apartment is well located with an overwhelming amount of choices (a happy problem!) when it came to bars and restaurants. The bedroom and bathroom was extremely clean and we woke up well rested and ready to take on Manhattan each morning.
We will not hesitate to stay with Carol and Marc again and we highly recommend their lovely L.E.S loft.
Carol's place is one of the best airbnb experience I ever had on my whole travels. We have not had the chance to meet Carol in person but her partner Marc looked after everything perfectly. Not only that the neighbourhood of LES with it's amazing restaurants, bars and independent shopping possibilities is the best in NYC, it is also their place and the personality of the hosts that made us feel so welcome. The communication in advance was already so very friendly and thoughtful and the flat is just perfectly clean, modern and bright. Consequently, we would always like to come back. Actually we just wanted to stay!!! I am already jealous on their next guests.
Thank you both for letting us be your guests and Marc - thank you for spending time with us.
Thank you so much for the wonderful and kind reviews. I am sorry that only Marc got to meet you both. He raved about you to and told me that I would have loved meeting you both.
Rest assure that when we go to Germany, we will let you know.
...and yes, Marc is my true love.
PS. Thank you for the chocolate bars, Marc was kind enough to leave me some, LOL
We are so appreciative of Carol and Marc and their beautiful apartment and add one more fabulous review to the list. Every aspect of our 5-night stay was outstanding. Carol promptly answered all of our questions and concerns before we booked and they even emailed us information about local events and attractions before our visit. When we arrived, it immediately felt like we were visiting old friends. We were warmly welcomed and invited to make ourselves at home and to make use of the common facilities at any time. Marc and Carol are people who love people; they are warm and friendly yet respect their visitors’ privacy. We shared many wonderful conversations and laughs. The accommodations were excellent and we much appreciated the quiet bedroom located at the back of the apartment, far from the street noise. The apartment is clean and bright, even in the NYC winter (loved the Jacuzzi after a long day of walking)! The room and bed were very comfortable. The private elevator and large apartment were amazing perks for NYC. The neighborhood is vibrant, with many restaurants and other amenities, yet without the manic feel of midtown. It is an extremely convenient location, with subways close by and within walking distance of many other interesting neighborhoods.
Carol and Marc are wonderful hosts:open-minded,warm-hearted and talkative. They try to answer all your questions and give a lot of insider tips. Nevertheless,if you need a rest or feel like beeing alone they fully understand it. The house is very clean and great (email hidden)anks a lot we had a unforgettable time in N.Y.
We additionally stayed 1 night after we paid a visit to DC. We planned to stay 2 nights but checking the Calendar , you know how difficult to book a single day with them: fully booked! Carol informed me only 1 day is available. Cool, just get what you have and enjoy! I'm just on boarding the return flight and the storm is fierce outside the aircraft just same with the arrival day. Appreciate their help When we got in troubles for the flight and will miss the days in LES.
thank you very much Carol and Marc, I spent very nice time.
rooms are very nice and cozy and, needless to say, surprisingly large.
Carol is very kind and helpful about everything about staying.
marc is so smart and I enjoyed talk around my work and Japan.
(thank you for coming our exhibition!!)
the last day, we saw 2014 Winter Olympics on TV together.
I enjoyed the time and I felt you are the host family(host parents) of me!!
Me and my husband spent 6 nights in Carol and Marc's apartment. This is my first Airbnb trial and indeed the apartment is just as stunning as what you could see in the photos. It's well equipped with all household appliances and books!! The apartment is close to Chinatown and just within a foot of many metro lines and buses. We could be almost everywhere directly (no interchange) within 15 min. I really did not expect that convenience! Other than the homy and cozy apartment, we really enjoyed those discussion with these guys(My curiosity still there: how and why Marc know that much about the world and about China. A Walking dictionary) . You should definitely talk to them if you are lucky enough to grasp any stay with them via Airbnb. I just felt at home and love this place.
Marc and Carol's apartment was perfect for our holiday in New York.
It was very clean and tidy and had all the facilities you could need. They were excellent hosts, friendly, helpful and a wealth of information. Marc and Carol really helped contribute to a wonderful experience.
Carol and Marc have an amazing apartment in NYC to rent fora night..or a few..if you can actually get dates that are still available!
This is coming from an actual current NYC resident. I live in midtown and wanted to do a surprise "local getaway" with my girlfriend and found their place as an alternative to a hotel. I figured why not settle into in of the most diverse and exciting new neighborhoods in a place that looks awesome and half the price of a hotel. Carol and Marc totally lived up to all their great reviews.
HUGE and cozy place that totally felt like our own (they have their own bedroom, bathroom, and living room in their own private space) place.
Our own bathroom and jacuzzi was such a great extra! And the bedroom and bathroom was super clean with the essentials provided.
Loved the homey feel of the elevator leading to the apt directly and the massive floor to ceiling windows and all the supplies we need to cook:)
We would love to go back sometime!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.