About this listing
Welcome, Bienvenue, Wilkommen, Bienvenidos to the Lower East Side of New York (the LES!!). Very Big loft. Your Very Own Bathroom. Your Very Own Bedroom. A Private Terrace. Near to subways, buses, restaurants, bars, history. Lots more too. Read below....see why we have SO MANY POSITIVE REVIEWS. Si, hablo bien espanol, français assez bien parlée. Hope that you will be able to join us soon.
The Lower East Side of New York, the LES , where the US of A began.
I'll give the details quickly below so you can see what you will be able to experience in the loft on your trip to the Big Apple
• Very spacious loft apartment ( about 2000 square feet last measure - so BIG for New York) in the center of arguably the coolest area of the city (please do not argue ) , modern and minimalist furniture , no clutter and very clean ( that goes for the host too). A Massive space that gets flooded with light via a wall of windows.
• Your own private bathroom - Jacuzzi Bath, Shower, Hairdryer, Kohler fixtures. All the shampoo and things you will ever need. Only to be used by you.
• Your own private bedroom - spacious Queen Bed (with an extra mattress if needed), linens, towels, TV, Dresser, Wardrobe, Bose iPod speaker system.
• Large kitchen - Open concept with everything you need to design a gourmet feast, GE appliances , stainless steel counter top etc. Make any food you want - if it is really good, give me some. Make coffee there in the morning - always available -- you have your very own little coffee bar (Bustelo coffee of course).
• Large living room, fireplace, WIFI, HDTV, Bose sound system, the best choice in music (in my opinion, most not consulted). Sit.... Enjoy
• Large dining area - seats lots, great views over the city and over the Williamsburg Bridge. Eat foods mentioned above (probably while seated, although one can never be sure).
• Natural brick walls (as opposed to unnatural I suppose) and a lovely Merbeau wooden floor, both of which look good (but don't say much).
• Floor to ceiling windows throughout - bathed in sun (when the sun is out, mainly, of course)
• Outside seating area and balcony - you can access directly from your room - very private (sometimes I can not find it)
• Full air conditioning / heating in the room and in rest of loft - be hot, be cool (probably one at a time)
• Washer / dryer - for you to use
• Keyed Private elevator entrance (or stairs if u have the energy - does not seem so popular, strangely)
• Printer / Scanner available. Pens and paper too, if you are a traditionalist.(although we draw the line at camel hair brushes, I'm sure you understand). And there is a universal power adapter for you to use to charge your gadgets too.
• The building is a very smart development, a recently renovated 7-story apartment, brick facade, good views of the city skyline and so on
• 3-minute walk from 6 local subways : F and M and J and Z and B and D lines , 7 minute walk to the 6 line too ( Spring St). Surrounded by buses to every corner of the city. Citibike station directly outside too.
We also have bikes if you want (used less than they should be!) And are within walking distance of almost everything that matters in Manhattan!
This is a very large and comfortable space that you will be free to enjoy as you wish (this is your holiday after all). Books, music (great as mentioned above), Cable TV up the kazoo, or just relax and chat. Up to you.
Located in the heart of the LES - food (some of the best in the city), drink, fun, shopping all very, very close. Nearly opposite the Tenement Museum (which is really great). One of the most historic neighborhoods in the U.S. (perhaps the most). TV, Film and general interest media all the time (become a star - or an extra anyway) , music clubs and comedy left right and center and Alphabet City, Ludlow Street , East Village, Chinatown and Soho all in spitting distance - and I can not spit far.
3 blocks from a Whole Foods and a couple of blocks from the Essex Street Market.
I hope everything is covered - email if you need more information. I hope to see you soon and I hope I can be part of your visit to this unique place.
Guests have full access to all areas they want except the host bedroom - eat-in kitchen, dining room, living room, private bathroom, back deck (even hanging from rooftop is negotiable)
Interaction with Guests
As much or as little as you feel each day. A detailed historical analysis of the day's adventures or semaphore and sign language -- you choose.
Best neighborhood in Manhattan for independent coffee shops, cozy wine bars, up-and-coming restaurants (the area has 4 out of the top 10 best places to eat in this years NY magazine list) , intimate music venues, and interesting owner-operated shops. Like no other area in the city and so so much nicer too.
Check out the "Guidebook" on the listing -- I send a much longer one that I have written directly to guests that do decide to stay before they get here - and they seem to love it, mention it in their reviews often and keep asking for extra copies!!
3-minute walk from 6 local subways : F and M and J and Z and B and D lines, 7 minute walk to the 6 line ( Spring St). Surrounded by buses to every corner of the city. Citibike station directly outside .
Other Things to Note
I wanted to add some notes as people have recently asked me about these specific issues.
• My calendar is always updated, so if the apartment listed as available, then it is.
• Once you enter the dates and number of guests and so on, AirBnb will give you an accurate quote and show all costs to you including AirBnb fees and I always keep that up to date also.
• I don't add preset weekly or monthly discounts to the booking price, but, if you are planning to stay for some time, I am prepared to offer a special price, so please email and ask.
• I do not charge for cleaning (unless you specifically want me to, of course). I think this a little unfair and the place is always clean as a matter of course.
• I have recently made the loft available to more guests rather than just 2 we have had staying to date - previous guests have told me that they would love to bring friends with them and having stayed here, they said that the place is more than comfortable and spacious enough to do so.
I have therefore added the use of the Queen size sofa-bed that we have used informally in the past, that I have been told is very comfortable. I have made the price for the extra beds lower and if you do wish to use them the pricing is automatic, but I am happy to discuss exactly what you need via an email or two to make it work. There is another mattress we could use if you have need.
I urge you to contact me if there are any other questions
* Shoe-less in apartment
* NO drugs. NO "entertaining guests" . (Smoking outside on private balcony with access direct from your bedroom)
* Full use of kitchen, please clean after using.
* Washer available - use cold water - saves the planet and please turn off AC when you leave the loft to conserve energy
* $30.00 for loss of keys
* ONLY DO THINGS THAT WOULD MAKE YOUR MOTHER PROUD
* ABSOLUTELY MUST ENJOY YOUR VISIT!!
I live in Manhattan. Love to walk, go to quaint restaurants, visit local bars, and drink wine. Love reading, going to small music venues, and stand up comedy.