About this listing
Cosy apartment with sunny balcony for single person, or couple looking to relax in the epicentre of historical Braga! Accommodates +2 people/children on the sofa-bed. Train st. 4m walk, as well the best restaurants, cafes, bars and sightseeing!
- The Lima Apartment:
It's on the 3rd and last floor of an 1800's building, which has been nicely refurbished. It has a lot of light, wooden floors, 3 french doors that lead onto a small balcony, facing back from the main road, which means it's very quiet (apart from the usual church bells, something typical in historic old Portugal!).
The apartment has a hair dryer, microwave, toaster, fridge, freezer, electric stove and oven, and all cooking utensils, as well as washer, TV, CD player, guitar, and a library of all kinds of books, CDs and DVDs for you to watch in case you have a laptop.
There are only 6 apartments in the building, (2 of them are offices), which means it's quite private.
The apartment is decorated with objects from my travels around the world, and there is a lot of love and dedication in this cozy place! Feel free to read books, watch DVDs if you have a laptop, listen to the CDs, board games, etc.
There is 1 bedroom with a large bed (the blinds allow you total control on light exposure), living space with kitchenette and bathroom (with bath tub).
Apart from the bed, there is an additional sofa-bed in the living area, extremely easy to operate and quite comfortable, accommodating up to 1 or 2 more people/children.
Fresh ironed bedding as well as bath and face/hair towels are provided for both the bed and sofa-bed, as well liquid soap.
- The Location:
There is everything near by within 3 to 8 min walking distance: train station, bus station, taxis (or call the number that I provide you with on my email), supermarket, butcher, pharmacy, cash point, baker, a food/fruit/veggie and flower market 3 mornings a week, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays (Address: Praça do Comércio - 3min from the apartment), cafes, sightseeing, cinema, museums, galleries, parks, etc.
I welcome you to Braga and wish you a fantastic stay!
Elisa de Lima
There is free parking nearby the apartment and 6 free spots on Biscaínhos Street itself, just after the bus stop area... (Do not park on the 2 handy cap spots or bus station area as you could be fined).
There are also car parks, the closest one being only a few meters away, situated in Campo da Vinha, a big plaza/square, where the Wall Street Institute is located.
Interaction with guests
I don't live in Portugal all year round, so I might be the one to welcome you or not. If I'm not the one, you'll be in very good hands anyway, as I have reliable friends who receive my guests during my absence.
When I'm in Portugal, I live in Braga, so I'll see you during the check-in and will help you with whatever you may need. After that, you may contact if you need anything, of course. Since I or my friends have to come and meet you for the check-in, it's important that we both respect the check-in time, as per the website or arranged, and communicate in case of any delays.
Other things to note
The wireless name and password are written on the modem. All instructions are also covered inside the apartment.
To open the apartment door, as you pivot the key you must also pull the door a little towards yourself!
1. There are cats wondering on the roofs. In case they cheekily try to come near by, please do not incentive or feed them. They are cute but not allowed! :)
2. The shower has a small cylinder, which means water will start to go cold after 20/25min, aprox. It will then take about 30 min to warm up again. Please take
that time frame into consideration when showering.
3. Always turn everything off and lock all doors everytime you leave the apartment, please.
4. If you use the kitchen, please leave it clean and make sure all remaining of food goes in the bin. Otherwise, it creates a bad smell and breeds insects.
5. There are recycling bins provided, feel free to use them.
6. You may smoke in the balcony.
7. The wireless name and password are written on the modem. All instructions are also covered inside the apartment.
8. To open the apartment door, as you pivot the key you must also pull the door a little towards yourself!
9. I kindly ask you if you use the Books and CDs to put them back in their covers and in the correct shelf and turn off the CD player. Thank you and enjoy the beats! :)
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
Portuguese writer, editor, globe trotter and a veryhappyperson :)
Seagulls, sunsets, abandoned old buildings and to figure out songs from the same composer in different films, are a few of my personal interests!
My life motto: "It's never too late!"