About this listing
I have sold the house! I have hosted my last guest and this listing is no longer active.
However, the new owners will be operating the suite as an AirBnB rental so keep an eye out for their listing. Happy travels!
- Nov. 29, 2016.
Exquisite, immaculate, spacious newly renovated 1100sf luxury ground floor, full of character + charm, traditional details with modern updates. Two wood fireplaces, private entry and deck. Great Annex/Little Italy location on pretty Palmerston Blvd.
Perfect for entertaining family gatherings, or simply enjoying the luxury of a spacious grand century home on a lovely charming street. This sunny and bright newly renovated one bedroom apartment has many features including:
- over 1,100 square feet on one floor
- two private entrances, from the private side porch and private back deck
- two grand large rooms perfect for entertaining, each with its own original antique wood fireplace. Firewood is included to make those cozy winter nights even cosier
- original oak paneling and built-in oak cabinets with leaded glass, and plaster crown moulding throughout
- separate wood-paneled dining room with a wood fireplace and a table with two extending leaves, to seat 8-10 people.
- bedroom is quiet and sound isolated from rest of house, with crawlspace below and roof deck above.
- architect/designer furnished
- one queen bed with additional 38" wide fold-down bed for an extra guest - suitable for an adult.
- ample storage and closet space
- private ensuite laundry and dishwasher
- plenty of natural light through 11 large windows
- large brand new kitchen with eat-in breakfast area opens onto private back deck. Fully stocked kitchen with marble countertops, new stainless appliances including Liebherr fridge, Bosch dishwasher, and microwave.
- marble and solid hardwood flooring throughout
- air conditioning and individually-controlled hot water radiator heating (original to the house but completely new mechanical system, so warm and toasty!)
- central vacuum
- includes one outdoor parking spot at back of house.
Private side porch and entry, private back deck, one parking space for your use and use of the backyard.
Interaction with guests
I live upstairs, so will be around and available to help you with anything you may need.
Located in the Annex / Little Italy neighbourhood of downtown Toronto,
Palmerston Boulevard is a charming tree-lined street iconic for its historical street lanterns - one of Toronto’s most desirable streets in one of Toronto’s most desirable neighbourhoods.
The home is located practically on the doorstep of the fabulous, renowned restaurants and cafes of Little Italy - but is still definitely in a residential neighbourhood. Uber-cool Bar Raval, La Carnita and Woodlot are a mere 1/2 block away. Close to downtown, we are walking distance to University of Toronto (15-20 minutes), Kensington Market to the east (10 minutes), Korea Town (10 minutes) to the north, and the trendy cool area of Queen West / Trinity Bellwoods Park (15-20 minutes).
Your stay includes one private parking spot at the back of the house. Toronto is a very driveable city if you'd like to rent a car.
The home is located a few minutes walk to the closest streetcar stop on the east-west College Street line, which connects to the subway system to take you to the Financial District, or anywhere you want to go. You may also walk 15 minutes north to the closest subway stop at Bloor and Bathurst, or take a 5-minute northbound Bathurst streetcar there.
Uber is an excellent way to get around the city for less expense than a taxi. Download the app on your smartphone.
Or, you may call a taxi to pick you up at the house, or walk a 1/2 block south to College Street to hail a taxi, which are almost always available.
Getting to King and Bay is relatively easy from this location. You can:
1. Take the streetcar/subway to the office most mornings
2. Walk - it is about 3.5 kms, so about 30-40 minute
3. Take a cab (about $14, Uber would be cheaper).
4. Bike it - approximately 15 minutes, max. 20 minutes with the stoplights.
Using transit works well because the home is about a 1.5 blocks from 2 major street car routes - the College Streetcar, and the Bathurst streetcar.
In Toronto commute times depend on time of day - if you leave around 7:45, and take the College streetcar east (approximately 5-7 minutes) to the University Subway stop, and transfer to the southbound University subway for 3 stops - and then it is a 1 block walk in the underground Pathway to King and Bay. Depending on the time of the day, and connections, this could be as little as 15 minutes door-to-door - or during rush hour with traffic snags, can be up to 45 minutes.
Alternatively, you could take the Bathurst streetcar south to king street, and transfer to the King eastbound streetcar. If leaving early in the day, and it is a glorious sunny day - although this route takes an extra 5-10 minutes at 7:45 am, it is worth it for the extra dose of sunshine.
This is a great site to figure out transit schedules and departure times:
If you will be working in the Financial District, you will love the location on Palmerston. Even though it is only 3 kms away, it is so completely different than the concrete jungle of the downtown core. The leafy street and great restaurants/cafes will be a nice change - it feels like a real neighbourhood here.
First rule - make yourself at home and enjoy your stay! While you do so, please respect the space, the furnishings and the neighbours. Smoking is allowed outside. It would be much appreciated if you could dispose of all food and garbage when you leave - cedar bins are located on the north side of the house. Please check out by 12pm unless you have asked for a late departure, as we may have others checking in by 3pm. Thank you for your consideration!
I've lived in Toronto for many years, and several of them were recently spent renovating and restoring my Palmerston home from the ground up. It's a great city and the Annex is a thriving vibrant neighbourhood. When I'm not taking in city life or meeting up with friends, I spend as much time as I can being active and fit...running, ice hockey, cycling and cyclocross, and epic outdoor adventures.
I love to travel as a 'local' to really sense the culture and vibe of a place - and above all, to meet and connect with new people and experiences.
Happy trails to you!