We have recently remodeled four wide rooms , all with private bath, hot water and air conditioned.
One room is only for two people with a queen bed, another one has queen bed and a single bed, and two rooms have queen bed and a two stairs bed, for an occupancy of four people.
we don't have TV sets and telephone in the rooms, but there is free Wi-Fi in the rooms and in the restaurant, Il Giardino en la Playa!!, that is facing the Ocean front.
The furniture are simple but functional, the bed of good quality and the cleaning and hygiene are absolutely of first importance for us, both for the rooms and for the preparation of our legendary recipes.
We are located at 100 metres East from the Public Pier, directly on the fine sand Beach, where sea turtles come to feed on the weeds of the bottom, and where is possible to watch a lot of sea bird and Dolphins.
In the Mangroves in the back of the Hotel lives a group of Capucine Monkeys that, often come to eat the fruit of the restaurant while Scarlet macaws come to feed on the Almond trees of the front , on the beach.
The bus stop is at 800-900 metres from us, the ferry boat from Golfito is docking at the Public pier, at 150 metres, and the road from S. Jose' is now almost perfect.
for staying of any length, is possible to study some kind of plan that include breakfast, lunch and dinner, in any combination, up to offer sandwiches made with our fresh made bread to the people that want to hike of do some sea tour, all things that we can help to organize directly, using our net or safe and professional collaborators, including too flights reservation and car renting.
Couldn't be more convenient. Charming rooms and restaurant, friendly hosts. The Osa Peninsula is beautiful.
We spent 8 glorious days with Giulio, his wife Cecilia & daughter Irilia. What marvelous hosts they are! If you are looking for simple, comfortable, air-conditioned accommodations with a perfect view of the Golfo Dulce in Puerto Jimenez, this is the place for you. Breakfast of fresh fruit and homebaked bread each morning and numerous options for other meals close at hand. You will find, however that Giulio's culinary aptitude surpasses anyone in this town and Il Giardino (his restaurant) offers the very best food anywhere. We have not had better meals anywhere in Costa Rica thus far! We were completely spoiled with delicious dinners each night. Both Giulio & Cecilia are a fountain of information and referred us to the best tour agency and guides in the area, not to mention that they directed us to a highly skilled and qualified masseuse for my back injury. Thank you to the Ranalli family for a memorable week's stay with you. We cannot say enough great things about these folks.
Guilio (email hidden)e room was located in the back of a restaurant and had a great view of the mangrove trees with birds. It was a basic simple room, mainly for the adventuresome. It was neat and clean and the bed was good. A great value.I was not feeling well upon arrival and Guilio and his staff were really friendly and offered a special ginger tea that was very healing. The breakfast which was included was fruit and homemade bread. The restaurant food was excellent.
This was by far our worst experience in Costa Rica. The pictures for this establishment do not accurately reflect the actual rooms. I did not expect fancy but what we got was sub par. The bathroom was a disaster; broken toilet seat, no hot water for shower, faucet loose, no hot water, no glasses in the bathroom. The bathroom window wasn't even nailed down and opened to the back room of the bar/restaurant next door. The patrons next door played pool well into the early morning and when we complained to our host nothing was done. The second incident we complained to the bar next door and the noise stopped.
On our first full day we left the air cooler on while we were gone since it was SO hot and when we returned it had been turned off by the hostess. She admitted to entering our room without permission to check on the color of the sheets because we asked for an extra pillow and to turn off the air to save money. She knew the color of the sheets and I paid for air conditioning and felt it was totally inappropriate for her to enter our room for and told her so. Finally, this BnB tried to charge us a service charge for delivery to our table of a couple of additional cups of coffee and 1 extra juice (at breakfast) . When brought this to their attention at checkout they did immediately remove the extra charges while trying to justify them. I paid for a bed and breakfast and have never been charged for an additional cup of coffee.
All in all I would NEVER recommend this establishment. They have much to learn about running a Bed and Breakfast. The host and his staff were all very pleasant.
Here we are!!...
…..after few minutes from the arrival of Karen and his Husband, we realize that these was not the guest we would have at our house…… and, the day after their departure Airbnb asked us to review Karen, but, for fair play, in date I just (email hidden) to them where I was saying the following :
Karen is a quite complicated Guest.
She didn't allowed us to enter in her room, for 4 days, for to clean and change sheets and towels, she occasionally left the Air Conditioner on when was not in the room, and, when billed for some extras food and beverages she and her husband have during their staying, she complained for to have to pay for the 10% service on the total amount of the extras.
When they left we found a shirt in their room' shelf, and we sent one of our workers to the Airport for to give it to them, but she told to our girl, that she didn't want it and we could take the shirt ....it would be much better if she informed us before, just to avoid one rush run to the Airport for nothing.
Long story short, Karen is not the kind of person that we would have as our guest....she, probably, fit much better in a Five Stars Hotel.
This review she left about us is not a surprise, but she says things that , maybe she could thing but that doesn’t has any relevance about the service we offer, and are just matter of personal taste, but let me clarify point per point.
1) Pictures of the rooms.- I am a quite good photographer, and I took the pictures that appear on the ads of our rooms, and, they are of few months ago, and the rooms had only be improved from that moment, so, it is false the what she says, and she would be more specific, if she has some critic to do.
2) The toilet seat is not broken at all, yes, it has a little chip, the size of 6mm, but is perfectly functioning and doesn’t created any problem to the many guests we had until today, and will not do for the many more will use it.
3) The shower is an electric one, as the 95 % of houses have in CR, and it is working perfectly, if you know that you have to turn an handle…. maybe if she would be a little humble and ask for instruction we could explain her how to use it.
4) I don’t understand what she means with “ faucet loose” , and yes, the hot water is only for the shower, and, if she would need a glass, it would be better to ask for one instead having to try to survive without one for four days
5) The Bathroom window, that has only tree lines of glass louvers, is sturdy fixed to the wall, and I can’t really imagine why a person has to haul the frame of a window of a B&B…. really curious…..
6) It is true that somebody in the next door bar played pool very late in the night, but we sleep in an adjacent room, much closer to the pool table and we could sleep well all the night, maybe because we maintained closed the door of the bathroom, from which window the noise could reach the room, and maintain the bathroom door closed, when the A/C is turned on, is one thing we ask personally to all our Guests, for to try to economize the electricity consumption, so, just with the respect of one of the rules of the house, she could have no disturb at all from the pool table.
7) Yes, we always turn the off the A/C in the rooms, if the guests are not in, as this is one of the rules of the house, well advised in the room ads, and if somebody doesn’t care about the House Rules, is a problematic person, that has to choose better the places where to stay…. probably in an hotel that charge 2-300 $ per night, they don’t mind about it, but we, for to try to offer an economic opportunity , we care and we are clear about it in our ads.
8) It is perfectly normal that our maid enter in the Guests room for to do the daily cleaning, change towels, every day, change sheets, if needed or required by the Guests, add soap and toilet paper, etc. etc. all that operations that , normally, are the duty of every maid in the world, but appear as unusual to Karen, that preferred use the same towel for four days……
9) ….” …..and I paid for air conditioning...” no, she paid for A/C for the time she, and her husband, were in the room, not for the time the room was empty......
10) Yes, we charged the 10% for the service over the , few, extras she and her husband had during their staying, just some fruits juices, coffee, etc….., all things in excess of the simple Tropical Breakfast we offer as part of our promotion: a fresh fruit plate, homemade bread toast, coffee or fruit juice, everything else, and we always explain this to our Guests at their arrival, is out of the deal, and they have to pay for it, simple
So, for to close this unpleasant issue, we believe that the hundred of happy guests we had in this last year, can’t be all wrong, and Karen, the only one that is right……the problem with Karen is that she is a person that believe she know everything and has rights that other people don’t have, getting very close to the level where I define a person an arrogant, and if she just could try to come down to the level of the normal people on the earth, maybe, with a little grain of humility, and respect for the planet ( I am talking of turning off the A/C when not necessary), maybe she could talk/ask and get some hint and discover how to use an electric shower……but until that moment, we don’t recommend at all Karen as a welcome guest to anybody that is not an Hilton, Barcelo’, Wyndham, etc. etc. ……..
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT