Nicely furnished apartment with large space located in the heart of downtown Montreal. Perfect space for 4-5 people (with 2 beds + 2 mattresses)! Whether you are here for work or travel, you will find everything you need steps away from this place!
============================================= Beautiful Apartment in the Heart of Downtown Montreal!
*UPDATE* A door was added to the bedroom during a recent renovation, for extra privacy and comfort :)
Nicely furnished apartment with large space located right above the corner of Sherbrooke/Guy, in the heart of downtown Montreal. Perfect space for 4-5 people (with 2 beds + 2 additional mattresses)! Whether you are here for travel, work or visiting family, you will find everything you need steps away from this place.
- In the heart of Downtown/Golden Square Mile
- 3 min away from Guy-Concordia metro station
- 1 min away from many bus stops
- 5 min from Musée des Beaux-Arts
- a few minutes away from some of the most prestigious art galleries, private fine arts shops and fine arts auction sale house, fearturing work from contemporary artists to international artists alike.
- Easy access to Mont-Royal and its hiking trails
- Steps away from numerous shops, cafes, bistros, bars, clubs and restaurants.
- 5 min away from Crescent Street, where the hottest bars/clubs in Montreal are harbored. There is no better place to experience the exciting nightlife that the city has to offer!
PERFECT FOR SHORT/LONG TERM STAY:
- Convenience stores and pharmacy/drug stores right down the building
- 5 min walk to many grocery stores (Provigo, PA)
- Easy access to major university-affiliated hospital centers (MGH, RVH, MNI, JGH, Children's and etc.)
- Easy access to the hiking trails of Mont-Royal
MAIN FEATURES OF THE APARTMENT
- Hard Oakwood Floor
- ***NEW*** 32'' LED TV
- Leatherette Foldable Sofa
- Glass dining table for 4
- Large Refrigerator
- Over-the-range Microwave
- Glasstop Stove
- Dishwasher (detergent provided)
- Filter Coffee Machine
- Kettle/Water boiler
- Rice Cooker
- High speed WIFI
- Heating and Air Conditioner included
- Two big closets
- Rooftop BBQ Grill with an amazing view of the city (open during summertime)
WHAT'S PROVIDED FOR YOU:
- Complete set of cookware, glassware and utensils
- Complimentary coffee and tea
- Toaster, coffee machine
- Clean Linens and Towels
- Toothpaste, Soap/bodywash, Shampoo and Conditioner
- Hair blowdryer
- Iron and ironing board for clothes
Please do not hesitate to send us a message, we would be more than happy to answer any question that you have regarding our listing! :)
Experience the spirit and convenience of downtown MTL life!
Interaction with Guests
We try to meet our guests upon their arrival while we could. If not we will send you the check-in instructions prior to your stay and communicate with you via phone or email.
Some of Montrealers' Favourite:
***Café Myriade • Coffee • 1432 Rue Mackay***
Definitely the best independent local coffee shop in Mtl! Great alternative to the big generic coffee chains...gotta love their rich handcrafted latte and pastries :) Opens until 7pm everyday except Sunday
Price: $2.5 for coffee and $4 for a latte
***Cafe Aunja • Coffee • 1448 Sherbrooke St W***
A cozy nook with unique atmosphere....good place for reading books, studying or hangouts. Top notch coffee and a great selection of tea! Open from 10am to 10pm everyday.
***Olivier Pothier Pâtissier • 1490 Sherbrooke O***
Lovely Viennoisserie/bakery shop hidden in the basement level on Sherbrooke street. Croissants/baguette fresh out of oven every morning, you might be pleasantly surprised by its brunch menu as well!
Price: $5-7 per pastry and $20 for brunch
***Restaurant GaNaDaRa • 1862 De Maisonneuve***
Great place for yummy Korean snack food: a dish of perfectly prepared kimchi, a hot stone bowl of bibimbap, a heartwarming portion of spicy ramen/ramyun..and you name it! Amazing value for the food it provides.
Price: under $10
***The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts/Musée des Beaux-Arts • 1380 Sherbrooke Ouest***
FREE entrance to the permanent collection + temporary exhibitions with a fee. A 5min walk from the apartment and you can easily spend a day in this great place when the weather isn't so great outside!
***Kazu - Japanese Dining • Restaurants • 1862 St-Catherine West***
Great atmosphere + AMAZING food. The lineup outside will tell you how popular this place is. Real authentic Japanese pub with fantastic dishes! Do prepare for a 30 minute wait...but its well worth it!!
***Nocochi Bistro/Salon de thé • Coffee • 2156 Mackay***
Cute little Teahouse/Café right down the street of Museum of Fine Arts. Tastefully decorated, the bistro has an extensive menu of tea, pastries, coffee and lunches. Perfect for afternoon tea break!
***Supermarket PA Supermarché • Groceries • 1420, rue du Fort***
Fresh produce and VERY good prices compared to other grocery stores nearby. Free parking in the back of the building if you buy groceries at the store. Also check the lunch counter upstairs!
Hours: 8am to midnight everyday.
***Provigo • Groceries • 1953 Ste-Catherine O***
10% off for students Mon, Tue and Wed. 50% off rack for veggies/fruits/bakery items. Good lunch counter!
Hours: 8am to 1am everyday.
***Marché Adonis • Groceries • 2173 St Catherine St W***
Great selection of fresh vegetables, meat and exotic food. Amazing grilled chicken!
Hours: open until 10pm everyday.
===========Festivals in Montreal===========
Montreal is a city of festivals, here is a list of festivals/events that are coming up this summer!
- Biennale de Montréal fall 2014
- OUMF Quartier Latin culture fest, early September, 2013
- Escales improbables September 3-14, 2013
- Mois de la Photo next instalment September 2015
- Jardins de lumière September 5-November 2, 2014
- Art Tattoo Montreal September 5-7, 2014
- Quartiers Danses September 2014
- Montreal Comic-Con September 13-15, 2014
- Pop Montreal September 17-21, 2014
- International Black Film Festival September 23-28, 2014
- Festival international de la littérature September 20-29, 2013
- Journées de la culture Quebec-wide culture fest, September 26-28, 2014
- Montreal Marathon September 28, 2014
- Orgue et couleurs organ music fest, September 27-October 5, 2013 (music)
- Montreal Improv Festival October 3-12, 2013
- The OFF Festival de Jazz October 3-12, 2013
- Festival du nouveau cinéma October 8-19, 2014
- Festival Phénomena October 18-25, 2013
- La Braderie de mode québécoise, October 24-27, 2013
- Festival du monde arabe October 25-November 9, 2013
- Cinemania French films subtitled in English, November 7-17, 2013
- Rencontres internationales du documentaire, November 12-23, 2014
- Expozine small press fair, November 16-17, 2013
- M for Montreal music showcase, November 20-23, 2013
- Salon du Livre November 20-25, 2012
- Image+Nation LGBT film fest, November 22-December 2, 2012
- Telus Fire and Ice Saturdays from December 1, 2012 to January 5, 2013
- Burlesque Festival December 6-7, 2013
- Salon des métiers d'art December 6-22, 2013
- Old Montreal Extravaganza December 15, 2012-January 5, 2013. Music and voice-over.
- Vue d’Afrique international film fest, April 25-May 4, 2014
- Blue Metropolis International Literary Festival, April 28-May 4, 2014
- Biennale internationale d'art numérique digital arts fest, May 1-June 19, 2014
- Acces Asie May 1-18, 2014
- Montreal Chamber Music Festival May 8-31, 2014
- La Grande Rencontre folk fest, May 8-11, 2014
- Festival TransAmériques May 22-June 7, 2014
- Anarchist bookfair May 24-25, 2014
- Montreal Museums Day Sunday, May 25, 2014
- Festival Go Velo Montreal May 25-June 1, 2014
- Montreal International Musical Competition May 26-June 6, 2014
- Festival des Arts Vivants OFFTA, May 27-June 1, 2014
- MUTEK digital creativity fest, May 27-June 1, 2014
- International des feux Loto-Québec fireworks fest, June-August 2014
- Suoni per il popolo June 4-24, 2014
- St-Ambroise Fringe Festival June 2014
- Montreal Grand Prix June 6-7-8, 2014
- Le Mondial de la bière/Beer Festival June 11-15, 2014
- FIMA – Festival international Montréal en Arts June 11-15, 2014
- Les FrancoFolies June 12-22, 2014
- Montreal Folk Fest on the Canal June 18-22, 2014
- Infringement Festival June 18-22, 2014
- Montréal Baroque June 19-22, 2014
- Fête nationale Saint-Jean June 23 and 24 – parade and events
- Montreal International Jazz Festival June 26-July 6, 2014
- Canada Day July 1 – parade and events
- International Festival of Circus Arts July 2-13, 2014
- Les Week-ends du Monde July 5-6 and 12-13, 2014
- Festival international de Lanaudière July 8-August 10, 2014
- Nuits d'Afrique July 8-20, 2014
- Just for laughs/Juste pour rire July 9-27, 2014
- Fantasia Film Fest July 17-August 5, 2014
- Children’s Festival July 19-20, 2014
- Montreal Electronic Groove July 24-August 2, 2014
- Dragon Boat Race Festival July 26-27, 2014
- Divers/Cité Gay and Lesbian Pride days, July 28-August 3, 2014
- Terres En Vue/Land InSights first people’s festival, July 31-August 5, 2014
- August is Archaeology month in Quebec, with various events
- Osheaga music & arts festival August 1-3, 2014
- Rogers Cup tennis tournament, August 1-10, 2014 (This year: women's tennis)
- Montreal Highland Games August 2014
- International tango festival August 5-10, 2014
- FestiBlues August 8-11, 2013
- Italian Week August 9-18, 2013
- Matsuri Japon Japanese festival, August 10, 2013
- HeavyMTL metal festival, August 8-10, 2014
- St-Jean-sur-Richelieu Hot Air Balloon Festival August 9-17, 2014
- Fierté Montréal Pride August 11-17, 2014
- Festival Mode & Design August 20-23, 2014
- Otakuthon anime convention, August 22-24, 2014
- Montreal World Film Festival August 21-September 1, 2014
- Montreal Reggae Festival August 16-18, 2013
- 18th-century public market August 23-24, 2014
- Nuit blanche sur tableau noir August 28-31, 2014
*Subway/Bus tickets: various fares for metro/subway and bus are available. For example, tourist passes offer unlimited travel from one day ($10) to three days ($18). If you only plan on going out at night, the unlimited evening pass at $5 would be perfect since it's valid from 6pm to 5am the next day. A complete list of fares can be found at the STM website.
***Unlimited evening*** • $5.00
Unlimited travel between 6 p.m. and 5 a.m. the next morning.
***Unlimited weekend*** • $13.00
Unlimited travel between 6 p.m. on Friday and 5 a.m. on Monday.
***1-day pass*** • $10.00
Unlimited travel for 24 hours, valid on the P.-E. Trudeau/Downtown airport shuttle (747).
***3-day pass*** • $18.00
Unlimited travel for three consecutive days.
Other Things to Note
- An extra mattress is stored in the bathroom closet and can be laid on top of the foldable sofa, for extra comfort.
- Additional pillows and duvet covers can be found in the bedroom closet.
We don't like imposing rules on others, but we do hope that you will keep noise at a reasonable level and and be respectful to others who live in this building.
We had a lovely time in Montreal, thanks significantly to Lin. She was away over the weekend, but she made sure we had everything we needed. She goes above and beyond with her extremely clear and detailed guide to local parking. It saved us $26. Everything was exactly as advertised, including the extra bed that was made up for our daughter--as comfortable as a regular bed. "Cozy" is the word for a family of five, but the whole point of going was to see the city, not to hang out indoors, and the location was ideal: centrally situated, close to the Metro, close to the Mont, close to lots of restaurants. We'd certainly stay again.
A group of friends and I came for a quick Montreal trip this past weekend from NYC. Lin was extremely responsive and helpful whenever our group had a question, and I was thoroughly impressed by how detailed she was about parking and getting to her place. When we arrived the apt was clean and very accessible to public transportation. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay! It was comfortable and cozy, and we felt right at home.
Lin and Max have the perfect place for the best price. They have everything you could ever need and more mattress like things for large parties. They were easy to get ahold of pleasant to talk to as well!
Les hôtes répondent rapidement aux messages et fournissent plein d'informations utiles! Leur guide pour le stationnement est particulièrement pratique. Le logement est très propre et bien localisé, à proximité de bons restos. Excellente location!
My wife and I just moved to Montreal and were looking for a place to stay temporarily for a few days. We stayed for 3 nights and we had a very pleasant time. The apartment was very exactly as shown in the pictures. It was very clean and very well equipped. It was really cold outside but the apartment was well insulated and the heater kept us warm.
We were not able to meet Lin in person but she was very responsive via emails. All our questions were answered and the parking guide was really helpful. Unfortunately there was a lot of snow so we were not able to explore the area, but from what we did, it was a nice neighborhood and everything was really close (station, bank, restaurants, etc.).
We would definitely stay here again. Thanks Lin!
Lin et Max nous ont très bien accueilli chez eux dans leur appartement cosy propre et pratique.
Ils étaient à notre disposition à chaque instant. L'appartement est hyper bien placé et bien fourni.
Nous avons passé 12 jours inoubliables malgré le froid extérieur!
C'est une adresse à retenir!
Wir verbrachten 3 Nächte in Montreal. Wir haben einige Tage zuvor eine Mail bekommen, in welcher alles super beschrieben war (Schlüssel im Schliessfach und Parkplatz).Wir hatten immer glück und haben einen Parkplatz gefunden.
Die Wohnung ist sauber und gross. Es ist in einer super Lage, mit dem Auto war man schnell überall.
Wir empfehlen das Appartement definitiv weiter!
We've been 3 nights in Montreal. We recieved some days before a mail with the instuctions (key in lockbox and parkplace). We always found a place for our car.
The apparement is clean and big. It's in a nice neighbourhood and everything is near around.
We definitely recomend the stay in this apparement!
This host has 45 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
We are two friends who have been living in Montreal for over 10 years.
We love to travel and we enjoy trying out new food and restaurants offered by the lovely city of Montreal.
We speak English, French and Mandarin and we'd be glad to chat with you and answer any question you have about our listing! :)