About This Listing
The Surf Ranch is Nicaragua`s first and only action sports resort, featuring Nicaragua`s largest skateboard park, jungle paintball course, tower drop into a huge inflatable airbag, world class restaurant & bar, swimming pool & swim up bar.
The Surf Ranch is Nicaragua`s first and only action sports resort, featuring Nicaragua`s largest skateboard park, jungle paintball course, tower drop into a huge inflatable airbag, world class restaurant & bar, swimming pool & swim up bar, poolside cabanas, villas and penthouse condos.
The Surf Ranch offers many extreme sports and activities such as surfing, skateboarding, sailing, fishing, yoga, scuba diving, paintball, rock climbing and more. Whether you are looking for an adventure or to just simply get away and relax, the Surf Ranch has it all.
We have a free shuttle for all guests that go to and from town and the beaches, all day, please view website for shuttle times.
This listing is for our standard condos. We have a variety of options for all budgets including villas and deluxe condos.
Room Rates in Low Season (view all rates on our website) All rooms include free breakfast for 1, 2 or 4 people, depending on the room type.
Rates may vary on season, higher or lower.
All Inclusive Packages also available.
Director of Operations
Surf Ranch Hotel & Resort
San Juan Del Sur | Nicaragua
(phone number hidden)
Swim Up Bar
Rock climbing wall
All outsourced activities
Shuttles to and from town & the beaches.
• Each Unit is based on double occupancy. Each additional guest will be charged US $25 plus tax per night. No charge for children 12 and under.
• A minimum 3 night stay may be required during some holidays.
• Late Check Outs will be charged 50% of rack rate, subject to authorization and availability, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
• Special events, celebratory occasions and groups can be accommodated.
• Rates do not include 15% Nicaraguan sales tax, and 2% tourism tax.
• Breakfast is included in the rate, along with 1 cup of coffee or orange juice. Coffee refills are extra.
• Rates and availability are subject to change.
• Online Payments - You can pay online via Credit Card or PayPal.
• Credit Cards Online
• Payment At Reception - We accept Nicaraguan Cordobas, U.S. dollars and all types of Credit Cards.
• We cannot accept Traveler’s Checks.
Deposit & Cancellation Policy:
• 100% of the total value of your reservation is required to confirm a reservation. For any questions or concerns, - (email hidden)
• Cancellations made more than 21 days prior to arrival will be charged a US $100 fee.
• Cancellations made within 21 days of projected arrival will result in a 30% penalty of the TOTAL VALUE of the reservation.
• Cancellations made within 7 days of arrival will cost 100% on the total value of the reservations.
• No shows and early departures will be charged 100% of costs.
• Some Special Rate reservations are charged immediately and are non-changeable and non-refundable.
Tips for Travelers & Guests:
• Do not bring Travelers Checks. They simply are not the time honored currency exchange system for travelers that they once were. Nobody accepts them in Nicaragua.
• Best to bring only Cash, Credit Cards and Debit Cards that can be used in Cash Machines (remember to have authorized PIN Codes as you will not be able to obtain them here).
• Also, report to your Credit Card companies that you will be traveling in Nicaragua (and wherever else you will be going) to prevent having your card being blocked after your first three purchases or credit card uses.
• US dollars are accepted throughout Nicaragua. Bring a mixture of large and small bills. Most businesses will NOT change nor except $100 bills. No one will accept US bills with damage, including the tiniest mark or tear as the banks won't accept them.
• Rates include a free light breakfast from 8am - 10am. Other breakfasts available off of our menu. 1 breakfast per person.
• If you are renting a vehicle, we have free onsite parking with 24/7 security, for resort guests.
• The maid service is available for each unit from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm for 1 single cleaning per day. Maid cleaning is included in the price.
• Towels can be washed daily and changed daily if you request.
• Bed linen is changed every 3 days during your stay, unless otherwise requested.
• A stocked mini refrigerator can be put in your unit, with snacks, alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages for an additional fee, not included in the price, which can be added to your bill and paid upon check out.
• No pets in the villas or in the pools are allowed.
• Room Service is available from our restaurant and bars, straight to your room.
• You are responsible to pay for any damages acquired when renting a surfboard.
Only 2 night stay. Cool place out of the partying town but has a shuttle at almost anytime to go to town.
Once arrived at the surf ranch there wasn't any record of my reservation. After waiting around for one hour and a half with major attitude from the receptionist not to mention the overwhelming look on her face not knowing what to do. She decided to put me in a room. I wasn't the only one waiting, two other couple had been waiting around. Everything looked clean and the ideal activity ranch was cute. Rooms had lots of crawly friends. Food was tasty and glad breakfast was included with my stay:)
Thank you for choosing the Surf Ranch Hotel & Resort as your place to stay in San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua. It looks like you arrived on the same day you made the reservation, but regardless, the reservation is updated in the system instantly. However the receptionist you dealt with was very new, and has not been trained on what to do in this situation. All she needed to do was refresh the page. I am sorry you had to have this experience upon check in, as we spend a lot of resources training the front staff and making the check in process flawless. This issue has since been fixed, and we hope to see you back again soon.
Although the front desk representative had no record of our reservation when I showed them my email confirmation we were immediately accommodated even though it was prior to the check-in time. The resort is as described and we had an amazing time taking advantage of the skate park and many of the other resort amenities. The shuttle service was great taking us in and out of town. There was a bug problem in our room which is partly to be expected in a third world country but fortunately it was rectified at some point throughout our stay. In addition it would be nice if the bar and restaurant were open past 10pm.
Thank you for staying with us. Yes, there are many insects here in Nicaragua. They do tend to get in if you have the doors open, etc... However our deluxe units tend to have less insects getting in as the sliding screen doors are more sealed.
Our bar and restaurant are open until 11pm. I hope to see you back again soon.
The surf ranch was a cool spot to spend for a few nights while in San Juan. The staff was friendly, had a great pool and the swim up bar was a nice treat. The rooms were clean and simple. I will however warn that it gets VERY hot at night and some air conditioning in the standard rooms would be great. They are completely sealed with concrete walls and no screen door or fresh air, unless you keep your door open at night (with no safe in the room). We didn't do any of the activities at the ranch as they didn't appear to be open. They looked really fun but nothing was going on at them which was a shame. It was nice that they offered a shuttle service into town and the surrounding beaches. The food and drinks were very reasonable and we definitely did not go hungry. The resort dog buddy was my favourite part for sure.
Brian, thank you for staying with us, we are glad to have you. Yes the standard rooms do get hot at night, this time of the year. However the villas do not, neither do the deluxe condos as they have a/c. This year we will be adding screen windows above the doors, and also a/c and hot water in all of the standard rooms to fix this problem asap.
The rock climbing wall and airbag are available anytime of the day, however we need to keep the airbag un inflated and ropes on rock wall tucked away at top while not in use. Guests just need to go to reception to sign up for these activities. But good idea, I will tell our bar staff as well to promote these activities more, so guests have a better idea, that these activities are actually waiting to be used.
Thank you for your advice, I will apply it immediately. Thank you Brian.
Beautiful place and delicious food, nice skatepark and very close to San Juan del Sur downtown. Amazing staff.
The reservation was canceled 17 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
This host has 1 review for other properties.View Other Reviews