Habitacion grande, comoda y limpia en un area diversa y central de Nueva York.
Hi, thank you for taking the time to look at my listing.
Two quick and important details:
1. Do NOT book the place without emailing me first. This will save us both time and energy. Trust me, it is better to sort details beforehand than you having to wait for me to accept your reservation.
2. This listing is for a bedroom, which means the rest of the space is shared with me. I point this out because I get inquiries from folks who assume they are renting the apartment. Not in NYC, not for this price :)
3. For safety and security reasons, I ask for a copy of ID upon booking. It need not be something as personal as social security, but something simple like a driver's license that you feel okay sending. I don't keep any information, nor I am looking to get your most sensitive information. But, I do like to know who I will be sharing my home with. Hope you understand.
Now, here are some details...enjoy:
- Fully furnished: queen size bed (perfect for couples) with clean sheets and towels, bedside table, desk, mirror and closet, air conditioning, heating, iron and ironing table, TV w/DVD player...
The room is very spacious and comfortably ACCOMMODATES UP TO 4 PEOPLE. (2 people as it is in the pics. 4 people by adding a queen size super comfortable air mattress that fits in the big open area of the room)
- High-speed wireless internet access
- Full access to the kitchen and bathroom. Cooking is welcome: fridge and cabinet shelves at your disposal and there is a small kitchen seating area to dine.
- Building amenities: Laundry in the basement, evening doormen, deli a block away, two supermarkets two blocks away (one of them open 24 hours!) and 24 hour pharmacy.
- No smoking in the apartment.
- During your stay, I stay in an alcove space behind the living room. This area is off limits. Both of us will have our privacy. The bathroom is shared.
- Located in a safe, clean, historical and hip neighborhood: (website hidden)_Heights,_Queens THE MOST DIVERSE NEIGHBORHOOD IN THE UNITED STATES!
(once home to Charlie Chaplin!)
- 10-15 mins to UES Manhattan. 6 minute walk to the largest subway stop in Queens with six 24hr metrolines and six bus lines (Q32, Q33, Q45, Q47, Q49 and Q53). The Q33 bus goes to LaGuardia Airport's main terminals and operates 24 hours a day. The Q47 bus goes to the Marine Air Terminal. The Q53 bus goes to Rockaway Beach, Queens. The Long Island Rail Road Woodside station is nearby on 61st Street and Roosevelt Avenue, which is two stops on the #7 train.
- Jackson Heights is among the most diverse neighborhoods in New York City, and the nation = Great cheap food! Argentinians, Ecuadorians and Colombians, South Asians,and East Asians.
The neighborhood has variety of cafe options from Paraguay, Colombia, Italy, Bangladesh and Western Europe as well as art and craft stores.
International travellers welcome!
**Please fill-out your profile, preferably with a photo before you book. I like to know a bit about my guests before accepting reservations, so I can provide the best hosting experience possible. For security purposes, after you book, I require a photocopy of your identification before your visit**
- I will do my best to make your stay as pleasant and unforgettable as possible.
Habitacion grande y localizacion central.
Sandra est super ! Elle donne de bons conseils, elle est présente en cas de besoin et nous avons été accueillis très chaleureusement. Nous étions 3 dans la chambre et nous ne nous sommes pas sentis à l'étroit. Le reste de l'appart est très sympa, agréable pour notre petit séjour (quelques défauts comme partout mais rien de bien gênant !) Le quartier est calme (ça fait du bien quand on revient du vacarme de Manhattan :P ) avec pas mal de supermarchés à proximité, dunkin donuts, des petits restos dont un petit resto très chouette, le "Juju's Bagels Café" (d'ailleurs conseillé par Sandra). Le métro n'est pas loin et nous étions en 20 minutes (+/-) dans le centre de Manhattan.
Bref, rien de négatif ! Je sais ou aller pour mon prochain voyage à New York ! ;-)
Sandra is a great Host we didn't have any problem with her. Queens is a good place to stay in, it is easy to reach the appartament from the airport and it is not so far from down twon.
Make your breakfast at juju's bagels cafè 35-62 76th Street, very good.
Sandra is a sweetie, and we really enjoyed talking to her and getting to know her adorable cat, Marcel.
Pros: HUGE room, pleasant host, great neighborhood, fantastic restaurants nearby, adorable cat
Cons: Not a lot of room for storage if you're staying longer than a day or two (closets and wardrobe in the bedroom were stuffed leaving little room for our things without some rearranging and there were only a couple of hangers), walls are thin and noise can be heard from the other rooms and other apartments, water pressure in shower was weak, kitchen was also stuffed and not ideal for cooking other than reheating leftovers (note there is no microwave), and occasionally Sandra will have to work at strange hours which may be inconvenient for some light sleepers.
This was our 1st stay in NY using Air B&B and it was great. Sandra was helpful in getting a key to us so that we didn't have to set an exact arrival time. Her apartment is clean and neat with plenty of space to move about. She provided space for us to put things in the refrigerator with basic requests for us to follow if we used the kitchen, which we were very comfortable with. The location was great for us. Sandra is very warm and friendly which we loved. We look forward to our next trip to NY and hope Sandra's space will be available when making our plans.
My friends and I, we spent 10 days at Sandra'Home for our first time in New York City!
She is a fabulous host! She gave us a lot of tip for visiting, eating around, how to take the subway... Every king of things like that which are very helpful!
The only regret, due to our schedule for optimize our stay in NYC, we would have liked to learn a little more about her!
And we couldn't but Sandra is very communicative and open minded!
Very great stay in Queens!
Sandra was a lovely hostess. She was only there one night of the three we were there, but she made sure we had everything we needed and arranged for someone to meet us with a key for check-in. She was very communicative and helpful throughout our time there.
Two of my friends and me are students from Europe and we were traveling over the USA. Sandra's place was perfect for us because it wasn't too expensive and it was close to the Manhattan. Also we felt safe, the neighborhood was very nice, we had a doorman :)
The apartmant is very clean, we had our privacy and Sandra helped us when ever we needed to find out something about NY's events :)
We've had a great experience.
The room in Sandra's apartment is just perfect!
It suited my father on a big bed and me on a big inflatable bed.
The place is close to a metro station with several trains that easily takes you to lots of places and its close to good and cheap restaurants or supermarkets (in case you want to use the kitchen at the apartment instead).
It's in a calm area with not much traffic, still alive and close to the city center.
I'm sometimes allergic to cats, but I haven't felt any reaction this time.
I can recommend it and I would for sure go back again next time I visit NY!
Staying with Sandra was an amazing experience. Her home was exactly as pictured. Very clean and charming. Sandra was very kind and helpful. I would recommend anyone to stay with her. Her apartment is very close to the subway and we found it to be barely any time at all to the main attractions anyone would want to see in NY. We loved our stay! Thanks sandra! You were great!
good and convenient location near to train station and JFK. Room was clean. worth to pay for.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.