About this listing
Capitol Hill at Your Doorstep is a tastefully renovated 3rd floor studio condo in sought-after Capitol Hill. Fabulous location, just 2 blocks from Union Station, 3 blocks from the US Capitol Bldg, Library of Congr. Walk to LOC museums and Nat'l Mall!
Capitol Hill at your doorstep!
Tastefully decorated and recently renovated third floor studio in sought-after Capitol Hill area of Washington, DC. Fabulous location, just 2 blocks from Union Station and 3 blocks from the Supreme Court! Walk to the great sights in DC: The National Mall, The Smithsonian museums, The U.S. Capitol Building and Library of Congress, Supreme Court, Folger Shakespeare Theater and the Botanical Conservatory.
This large and sunny studio features a double bed plus fold-out sofa for an additional 2 guests, full bath, kitchenette, dining table for 3, walk-in closet, flat screen TV with cable and large bay windows facing the majestic Massachusetts Avenue.
Leave your car behind, Union Station, a transportation hub for the city with Metro, AMTRAK and multiple bus services, is a mere 2 blocks away! Dine shoulder to shoulder with Senators and Congressmen in the many great neighborhood restaurants, wine bars and cafes.
• Newly renovated kitchenette with marble counters and new appliances (full size fridge, fancy microwave, electric kettle, hotplate, toaster, coffee maker)
• Fresh linens, coffee, tea provided
• Walk in closet with lots of storage
• 3rd floor offers lots of natural light with spectacular view
• TV with full Comcast cable service
• Washer/dryer in the building
• This is the heart and soul of Washington, DC. You’re just a short 2 block walk to all of DC's major sites, including the U.S. Capitol (2 blocks!), Library of Congress, Supreme Court and of course The National Mall with all of the museums and monuments. There are half dozen great little restaurants, wine shop, a coffee shops and a small market within a block. You'll really feel like you are living on Capitol Hill, not just visiting - a truly perfect way to vacation!
• No need to have a car! Union Station is just 2 blocks away and houses the Metro, the "Circulator" bus, and Amtrak. If you are driving into the city, there is street parking available (without a visitor pass) evenings and weekends, if you need parking during the week (between 10am and 6pm) the garage at Union Station is $19/day.
The National Mall
The National Mall is anchored by the Lincoln Memorial at one end and the US Capital Building at the other end, approximately 2.5 miles away. It is lined with the nation’s memorials, various federal agencies (EPA, Federal Reserve), and repositories (The National Archives) along with 11 Smithsonian Museums. The Mall features The Botanical Conservatory Gardens, Haupt Gardens, 2 sculpture gardens, the reflecting pool, ponds, and fountains that are wonderful for a stroll, cycle or picnic.
You can walk to everything you'll want to see. If you need to take Metro you will find that he closest station is a mere 2 blocks away in Union Station.
No smoking inside the building please.
We maintain a pet free environment for the benefit of our guests with allergies.
Please turn down or off the air conditioning and heating whenever you leave the apartment.
Enjoy your stay in Washington!
Departure is 10am. If you have a late flight let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Please wash any dirty dishes and put away.
Turn off or down the heat or AirCon to conserve energy.
Ensure that the apartment is securely locked up and return the keys to the lockbox
when you depart.