About this listing
Have peace and quiet in beautiful Providencia and also walk to everything: metro, bars, restaurants, theatres, shops and more. Enjoy the evergreen San Cristobal hill from the balcony, even when lying down in bed or swimming on the rooftop pool ...
The fully furnished apartment is situated in the traditional and lively Providencia district, one of the oldest and most prestigious neighbourhoods in Santiago. The 38 m2 apartment is on the 8th floor and has a spectacular terrace facing the evergreen Cerro San Cristobal. The building is equipped with a 24-hour concierge desk, rooftop swimming pool, laundry facilities and an entertainment room.The apartment is an approximately 20 minute drive from the airport by taxi and conveniently two blocks away from the subway station Manuel Montt. Parks, museums, stores, theatres, restaurants and much more… everything is within minutes.
The place is very well lit, with full-size sliding windows that open onto a terrace overlooking the Cerro San Cristobal (PLEASE see the photos). Confortable Queen size bed and top notch quality linen. Also at your fingertips is a personal library of carefully selected volumes in English, Spanish and French (soon in Portuguese :) which is sure to feed your curiosity for the Chilean way of life. Books range in topics from tourism to cooking and great Chilean wines without excluding the most crucial guide to any traveller; the national costumes and etiquette handbook! To compliment your immersion into Chilean culture, a varied selection of renowned Chilean films (with subtitle options) are available for you to enjoy.
Just ask! We'll be happy to answer them in English, Spanish, Portuguese and French.
- Central heating system (oh yeah, you're gonna need it in July!!)
- Air conditioning (Believe me, a must in summer months)
- Wi-Fi internet (15 MB)
- Cable TV (86 channels, TV and music), DVD player, sound system (iPod dock)
- Landline phone with unlimited calls through out Chile.
- Local cell phone (pre-paid card not included)
- Safety deposit box
- Public transit card (BIP card) and maps.
- Queen size bed (Feather or hypo-allergenic duvet)
- Books (lots of them!) about Chile and its way of life.
- Fully equipped Kitchen, including coffee maker, espresso machine, toaster, selection of spices and essentials like coffee, sugar, etc.
- Hair dryer, iron and ironing board
- Baby crib when needed at no extra cost.
- Swimming pool on the roof (open in summer months)
- Barbecue area beside the pool
- Laundry room (Use the detergent in the apartment. It's free!)
- Flexible check-in & check-out whenever possible.
- Parking (Underground, USD$ 15 per day. Advance notice required)
Interaction with Guests
I usually respond very quickly to ALL inquiries. Once the reservation is confirmed I will contact you either by phone or e-mail to better coordinate your arrival. With compliments of technology I will never be too far, so set yourself loose and ask all the (crazy) questions that strike your mind!
WE ARE ...
My friends call me Maury and I was born and raised in Santiago 4 decades ago. My search for new horizons has led me to establish my home in far away Montreal, for some 14 years now. I do photography for pleasure and business. I compost, brew my own kombucha and grow wheatgrass for juicing. I embrace a sustainable way of living that is caring for the environment, trying to live by its values: reduce, reuse and recycle.
In a nutshell, I am an English teacher born and raised in Santiago (for a bit longer than Maury.. hehe). I have travelled to Europe and USA. I'm proud to say that I have almost been in all regions of my long country. I will be handing out the keys to you, explaining all the details and being your best friend in Santiago, promised!
- Providencia and Manuel Montt restaurant scene
- BikeSantiago (Bike share station next to metro Manuel Montt, 200 m./ 656 ft.)
- Uruguay Park (Great for joggers - 220 m./ 720 ft.)
- Teatro Nescafe de las Artes (300 m. / 984 ft.)
- Liguria Resto + Bar (400 m. / 1310 ft.)
- Sernatur (Turism national service - 750 m. / 2460 ft.)
- Mercado de Providencia (farmer's market - 750 m. / 2460 ft.)
- Turistik (hop on hop off city tours, among many others - 1.3 km / 0.8 miles)
- Sculptures Park (1.3 km / 0.8 miles)
- Barrio Bellavista (1.6 km / 1 mile)
- Parque forestal (1.6 km / 1 mile)
- Giratorio (Revolving restaurant - 1.7 km / 1.05 miles)
- La Chascona (One of Pablo Neruda's house/museums - 1.8 km / 1.11 miles)
- Cerro San Cristobal, Metropolitan park (2 km / 1.24 miles)
- Costanera Center mall and highest observation deck in South america (2 km / 1.24 miles)
- Fine Arts Museum (2.4 km / 1.5 miles)
- Downtown Santiago (2.8 km / 1.74 miles)
- Mercado central (3.2 km / 1.98 miles)
- Museum of Pre-Columbian art (3.3 km / 2 miles)
- Palacio de la Moneda (3.7 km / 2.3 miles)
- Museum of memory and human rights (5.8 km / 3.6 miles)
- METRO: Manuel Montt (subway, Line 1) is only 2 blocks away
- BUSES: Several lines 24/7 on Providencia Street (2 blocks) connect to downtown and beyond
- CAR: Although you probably would not want a car in Santiago, if you do there is parking available in the building upon request (USD$ 15 extra per day)
- AIRPORT: You have several options of transportation: TAXI (20 min. USD$40). SHUTTLE BUS (depending on number of passengers anything from 30 to 90 min. USD$15) BUS and METRO (about 80 min. USD$3 + USD$1.50)
- WALKING around: You will not be disappointed. Nearby parks are plentiful and beautiful (Sculptures park, Uruguay park -great for running-, Balmaceda park, Metropolitan park, etc)
- JOGGING: I dare you to run all the way up Cerro San Cristobal. You will be rewarded with amazing views of the city.
- Non-smoking flat (ok on the balcony)
- Reduce noise after 11pm
- Enjoy the books and films for free. Treat them with love!
- Please let us know of any problems.
- Washer and dryer in main lobby. Use only NEW $500 and $100 coins (Ask Monica for details)
- For emergencies or inquiries please contact Monica or myself.
- This is your home, enjoy!!