The fully furnished apartment is situated in the traditional and lively Providencia district, one of the oldest and most prestigious neighbourhoods in Santiago. The 38 m2 apartment is on the 8th floor and has a spectacular terrace facing the evergreen Cerro San Cristobal. The building is equipped with a 24 hour concierge desk, roof-top swimming pool, laundry facilities and an entertainment room.The apartment is an approximately 15 minute drive from the airport by taxi and conveniently two blocks away from the subway station Manuel Montt. Parks, museums, stores, theatres, restaurants and much more… everything is within minutes.
The place is very well lit, with full-size sliding windows that open onto the warmth of an enchanting terrace overlooking the Cerro San Cristobal (PLEASE see the photos). Also at your fingertips is a personal library of carefully selected volumes in English, Spanish and French which is sure to feed your curiosity for the Chilean way of life. Books range in topics from tourism to cooking and great Chilean wines without excluding the most crucial guide to any traveler; the national costumes and etiquette handbook! To compliment your immersion into Chilean culture, a varied selection of renowned Chilean films (with subtitle option) are available for you to enjoy.
- Central heating system (oh yeah, you're gonna need it in July!!)
- Air conditioning (Believe me, a must in summer months)
- Wi-Fi free internet access
- Local cell phone with a pre-paid card
- Public transit card (BIP card) and maps.
- Queen size bed (Feather or hypo-allergenic duvet)
- 26' Plasma TV, DVD player, stereo sound system.
- Books (lots of them!) about Chile and its way of life.
- Fully equipped Kitchen, including coffee maker, espresso machine, toaster, selection of spices and essentials like coffee, sugar, etc.
- Hair dryer, iron and ironing board
- Swimming pool on the roof (open in summer months)
- Barbecue area beside the pool
- Laundry room
- Flexible check-in & check-out whenever possible.
- Parking available in the building upon request (USD$ 15 extra per day)
I usually respond very quickly to ALL inquiries. Once the booking is made I will contact you either by phone or e-mail to better coordinate your arrival. With compliments of technology I will never be too far, so set yourself loose and ask all the (crazy) questions that strike your mind!
WE ARE ...
My friends call me Maury and I was born and raised in Santiago 4 decades ago. My search for new horizons has led me to establish my home in far away Montreal, for some 14 years now. I do photography for pleasure and business. I'm very much into composting (tumbler and worms). I embrace a sustainable way of living that is caring to the environment; trying to live by its values: reduce, reuse and recycle.
In a nutshell, I am an English teacher born and raised in Santiago (for a bit longer than Maury.. hehe). I have traveled to Europe and USA. I'm proud to say that I have almost been in all regions of my long country. I will be handing out the keys to you, explaining all the details and being your best friend in Santiago, promised!
- Providencia and Manuel Montt resto scene
- Uruguay Park (Great for joggers - 220 mts / 720 ft.)
- Teatro Nescafe de las Artes (300 mts / 984 ft.)
- Liguria Resto + Bar (400 mts / 1310 ft.)
- Sernatur (Turism national service - 750 mts. / 2460 ft.)
- Mercado de Providencia (farmer's market - 750 mts. / 2460 ft.)
- Turistik (hop on hop off city tours, among many others - 1.3 km / 0.8 miles)
- Sculptures Park (1.3 km / 0.8 miles)
- Barrio Bellavista (1.6 km / 1 mile)
- Parque forestal (1.6 km / 1 mile)
- Giratorio (Revolving restaurant - 1.7 km / 1.05 miles)
- La Chascona (One of Pablo Neruda's house/museums - 1.8 km / 1.11 miles)
- Cerro San Cristobal Metropolitan park (2 km / 1.24 miles)
- Costanera Center mall (2 km / 1.24 miles)
- Fine Arts Museum (2.4 km / 1.5 miles)
- Downtown Santiago (2.8 km / 1.74 miles)
- Mercado central (3.2 km / 1.98 miles)
- Museum of Pre-Columbian art (3.3 km / 2 miles)
- Palacio de la Moneda (3.7 km / 2.3 miles)
- Museum of memory and human rights (5.8 km / 3.6 miles)
- Closest metro: Manuel Montt (subway, Line 1) is 2 blocks away
- Buses: Several lines 24/7 on Providencia street (2 blocks) connect to downtown and beyond
- Although you probably would not want a car in Santiago, if you do there is Parking available in the building upon request (USD$ 15 extra per day)
- From the airport to the apartment you have several options of transportation: TAXI (15 mins. - USD$35 to USD$40). SHUTTLE BUS (depending on number of passengers anything from 30 to 90 mins. - USD$13) BUS and METRO (about 80 mins.- USD$5 + USD$1)
- Dare to walk around. You will not be disappointed. Nearby parks are plentiful and beautiful (Sculptures park, Uruguay park -great for running-, Balmaceda park, Metropolitan park, etc)
Just ask! we'll be happy to answer them in English, Spanish or French (even Portuguese if you are patient ... he he)
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||No Charge|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$483 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1593 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
Merci Mauricio, nous avons passés un très bon moment.
Avec Monica vous faites une super équipe, toujours disponibles et sympas.
Dom y Montse
We definitely had a great stay in Mauricio's apartment. Monica received us with good tips and suggestions. The apartment is exactly the same as in the photos and we felt safe to walk in the surroundings at night. It is also pretty close to the subway which help us a lot to go around. Mauricio and Monica were always available to help and guide us during our time in Santiago. Strongly recommend it.
Santiago's best boutique hotel wouldn't be as good as Mauricio's place. Apartment is great, everything works, with all the kitchen/bathroom equipment you'll need. Bed is fantastic. Be warned of the french-style shower, water can get cool if stay there too long (but it's fine if you get used to it). Neighborhood is great, very calm, well served by subway and buses. Both Mauricio and Monica are very helpful, they're always a phone call or an e-mail away for anything you need. Strongly reccomend it!
We had a wonderful time in Santiago and a fantastic experience staying in Mauricio's flat. Mauricio and Monica really went out of their way to help us, including receiving and holding on to some mail for us ahead of our arrival. The travel card and mobile phone are a great touch! The flat is great - really clean, well equipped and very comfortable. It's in a safe location, within walking distance of some great places to eat and close to a metro stop. If we come back to Santiago, we hope to stay here again. Highly recommended!
I stayed in Mauricio's apartment with my girlfriend and we cannot recommend it highly enough. Right from the moment we enquired, Mauricio - and Monica - could not have done more for us. Before we arrived Maruicio sent several recommendations for restaurants, bars, places to go etc. and even left a pre-paid cell-phone and pre-loaded metro card in the apartment for us to use. The apartment itself is in a really lovely part of Santiago, surrounded by great bars and restaurants - it's also very safe. It's a very modern, beautiful, apartment - very cozy and provided a perfect base for us. We'll definitely try to stay there again when we go back to Santiago!
I very, very highly recommend booking with Mauricio; he and his friend Monica are absolutely amazing hosts- they go the distance and beyond!!! I had a few hiccups during my visit (ex. rental car confusion around the Easter weekend) and both of them were absolutely brilliant at quickly helping me resolve them. The apartment itself is lovely, has everything you could need (plenty of cookware, linens, subway pass, mobile phone to use locally, maps, guidebooks etc.) and is well located. Some of Santiago's favourite restaurants are in the neighbourhood as are plenty of bank branches and a full range supermarket if you find you need anything. If I'm back in Santiago, contacting Maurcio will be my first move!
Great appartment very well located in the heart of Providencia. Subway just two blocks from home. Highly recommendable.
Great communication with Monica and Marcelo!
Would repeat for sure!
This apartment is excellent! Really great location just a couple of minutes walk from Manuel Montt metro and the famous Liguria restaurant. Great area, it's a really quiet and safe street but with shops and cafe's close by. The balcony has a great view and the decor is very stylish. Really comfortable bed, we slept well here! The apartment has everything you would need and Mauricio and Monica were always contactable - great hosts. I would not hesitate to recommend the apartment and we'll definitely stay here again if we are back in Santiago.
I stayed here for five nights and had a great stay. The balcony gets great sun in the late afternoon in early fall (i.e. late March) and the building is very well located, within a five-minute walk of the subway station that quickly connects you to the rest of the city. There are also many restaurants, a supermarket and other convenience shopping nearby. The owner was very attentive to my questions, to make sure I had a good time. Visit Santiago when you have the chance!
Todo perfecto según lo publicado. El departamento es lindo y moderno tal cual como se ve en la fotos. Esta muy bien ubicado y sus anfitriones fueron muy gentiles y nos recibieron de la mejor manera. Un plus del departamento es que tiene mapas y guias para recorrer Santiago así como un telefono movil local y una tarjeta recargable para el transporte publico. Muy buena experiencia, muchas gracias!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT