The Apartment has a breathtaking view of New York City Skyline and Hudson River from every room. Spacious 1 Bedroom Apt, with transportation to NY Times Square in 15 minutes right outside the building. Across the street from a beautiful park with pond, jogging trail, Tennis, basketball, volleyball, baseball and Children's Park. Large open living space with gallery Kitchen, dinning room/office, large living room and bedroom. Laundry on premise and onsite dry cleaners. Hard wood floors through-out. Heat, Hot Water, Cable and WIFI included. Many little restaurants on the water front. Street parking available. Well maintained with recently renovated Hallways and Elevators. This is a beautiful, comfortable and convenient apartment.
You will enjoy it.
Great location just a short $3.00 bus ride. No air conditioning though. I would recommend this apartment.
The location as shown on the map, is approx. a 30 minute drive from NYC. Very convenient to go by bus. But you need to pay 3 USD each per bus-trip.
The apartment on itself is spacious and has all facilities that you might need. To my opinion the place could be a bit cleaner and there was a lot of personal stuff around from the owner. In case you don't mind this place is good to stay.
We enjoyed our stay as we were exploring the city most of the day.
Un bon compromis entre proximité avec Manhattan et prix
Very disappointed !
1) The address mentionned in AirB&B is wrong; it is not JFK BLD WEST but EAST. It is a different Bld, so we took the wrong bus and had to take a taxi to find the appartment. After looking back at all comments, we noticed this was already mentioned months ago but nothing has been corrected. The map in Airb&b is still wrong after already several comments months ago.
2) It is not for 3 people. The 3rd person has to sleep on the sofa in the living room which is not a sofa bed. So you have 60cmX180cm to sleep. Pillows are airlines little pillows from Delta Airlines, same for the linen ! Not confortable at all. There is no curtain in the living room so be ready to wake-up early ! old fridge makes a lot of noise.
3) The flat has not been cleaned before our arrivals. Papers under beds, pens under sofa, hairs in the bathroom ! Dead plants ! Whatever the price you paid, you must arrive in a clean environnement ! If I campare it to other review, I am sure she sometimes clean it but here is is not the case. This is celarly her appartment she left when it is rented, and she left it 5 minutes before we arrived, so she maybe had no time to clean. We even found toys from her daughter in the bath room so clearly a sign that she did not cleaned.
4) It is impossible to close the window of the bedroom (lock broken) which means that all your belongings are available when you are away.
5) Not possible to reduce the heating system. You have to sleep with the windows open otherwise it was 28° C in the living room.
6) We received only 2 towels for 3 persons. She admitted that when we arrived but never came back during our stay to give us another one.
7) Almost all cupboards are closed with tape because they contains her personal belongings. So you do not have even one place to put your box of cereals in the kicthen.
8) 2 chairs in the dinning room, so clearly not an accomodation for 3 persons.
9) Curtain for only 1 window in the bedroom.
10) 4 plates, 4 glasses. Strict minimum. You have to eat your cereals in plates !
11) Plastic of TV broken, remote control broken, ...
12) Should you need some proof, just ask me and I will send you some pictures.
Good things ;
Wonderful view on NYC, easy access by bus to times square, big appartment.
Based on all our findings, we asked for a rebate from the tenant, but she refused.
I can give proof of everything with pictures.
Great place, great view, and super easy to contact.
Great apt. Amazing view. Poor communication. We had a good stay. Felt relaxed and loved the quiet location and view over the river to Manhattan. Buses went right from the doorstep and were direct to 42nd st. Felt that instructions re address and how to access the apt were vague and we were left no info re heating, laundry, local supermarkets etc. As with other apts no kettle was provided which as a traveller would have been useful.
We had a wonderful time staying in this appartment! Only thing was that it took our bus usually around 25 minutes to Times Square but that was a minor concern. Again, great place and amazing view!
Wow, what a view and such a pleasant local neighbourhood to live in, we only stayed 2 nights, the address is not clear and certainly from the listing you would not arrive at the apartment with ease. Taxi from Manhattan is expensive so would suggest a local taxi or bus as no metro or train. Plan well and would recommend 100%
It's a great appartment with a absolute amazing view! We enjoyed our stay very much! It's quite place to return to at the end of each day from busy NY-city. The address information however was not clear, JFK Blvd West had to be JFK Blvd East, so it was hard to find the appartment.
We stopped at these apartments for a few days in september. It's very nice flat, clean and cozy.
Buses to Manhattan goes every 10 min - it's very comfortable!
In the park, which is near the house, we took a photo of skunks and opossums)
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT