Located in east Midtown moments from Overton Square, Overton Park and the Cooper-Young District, you'll be treated to a comfortable, spacious master suite and private bath/en suite in a 24-hour security building with pool & business-class internet.
Depending on what time of year you stay with me, the space may be decorated in the manner you see pictured.
My 1150 sq. foot corner unit is on the 6th floor of a 7-story, 24-hour monitored security building. Your master bedroom itself is 400 sq. feet, including your own attached private en suite with shower/bathtub/restroom.
Your amenities include:
• central heating & air conditioning + ceiling fans
• a fully-equipped kitchen with a range of amenities
• sofa, chaise lounge & HDTV (streaming Netflix, Chromecast & HDMI)
• business class wireless high-speed internet
• private balcony facing a tree-lined neighborhood
• plenty of private off-street parking.
• pool, sauna and meeting room in the building
• onsite laundry facility
Interaction with Guests
I love meeting new people & that's part of why I have been a successful and well-reviewed Airbnb host. I take care of my guests and work to make your visit to Memphis enjoyable.
My motto is that I will always do whatever makes you, the guest, feel most comfortable.
I am three short blocks from Overton Square's burgeoning & recently-renovated nightlife, theaters, world-class restaurants and shopping.
If you want, you can bike or walk to both the Cooper-Young District or Overton Park & there are many protected bike lanes both in my neighborhood and throughout the area in which I live.
Downtown Memphis is a mere 10 minutes by car or 25-30 minutes via public transit. Also, buses in Memphis do have bike racks on the front (if you should happen to be bringing your bicycle).
I recommend reviewing my Guidebook, I've included suggestions for sightseeing, restaurants and shopping in my neighborhood and beyond.
• There are several city bus lines which run within 2 blocks of my house. Memphis public transit is most reliable during daylight hours.
• Memphis now has both Lyft and Uber! These are great ways to get around and half the cost or less of taxi services. If you have an iPhone, Android or Windows smartphone, simply provide me with your U.S. telephone number and I'll send you an invitation to both apps which gives each of us free credits.
• There are Zipcars within a few miles and at the Memphis airport. Contact me for details if you are interested in Zipcars.
• There are bike lanes on many of the major thoroughfares surrounding my neighborhood & all throughout the city of Memphis. Bike rentals are available from local shops like Revolutions Bike Shop, The Peddler or Midtown Bike Shop.
• There are taxi services, but it's best to have a phone number of a reliable driver. Please ask me & I'll gladly provide you direct numbers to taxis.
Other Things to Note
• Having been raised in a family of foodies, cooks, chefs and culinary arts exemplars, cooking for my guests is something I love to do. While meals are not included, I'm thrilled to make enough to share if I'm around -- read my reviews from previous guests & ask me for details if you're interested.
• Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere in the unit or in public areas of the building.
• While I do love animals, I am unable to provide boarding for pets -- no exceptions.
As you can tell from reviews, I'm a very easy-going person and I work hard at making sure your stay here is as comfortable and clean as possible. To ensure I can offer the same quality experience to all my guests, please be mindful of the following:
• No Smoking & No Pets of Any Kind: There is no smoking allowed of anything at anytime inside the unit, the bathrooms or in the public areas of the building. I love animals, but I'm unable to have pets due to my allergies.
• Park Behind The Building: Parking is only allowed on the upper parking deck behind the building or on the street. Parking in the lower parking deck will be subject to tow.
• I Work At Keeping a Clean Environment: My home is your home, please be conscientious. If you cook or use dishes, please clean up after yourself. You can use the provided cleaning supplies to scrape any leftover food or food residue off of your dishes & place things in the dishwasher for me, I will make sure and run the dishwasher when it's full.
• Hang On To Your Keys: Lost key replacement charge: $75 for building key, $75 for unit.
• Tengo Lavanderia: Coin-operated laundry is in the first floor of the building.
• During The Summer Months: There is an outdoor pool and a sauna on the first floor of the building for use by tenants. The pool closes at 11pm nightly. Tenants are likely to freak out if you don't wear appropriate swimwear, get naked or do cannonballs in the pool -- if anything gets messed up while using these facilities, you'll end up being responsible for the damage (and possibly bail).
• Nighttime is Chill Time: Quiet time is 11pm daily. My building and my home are a relatively quiet space except for the occasional movie or quiet music. Please respect my neighbors and me by keeping your volume to a minimum.
E. J. was a gracious host during our stay in his home. He greeted us promptly upon our arrival and offered us a wealth of information about things we could do and see during our stay in Memphis. The accommodations matched what was advertised on his profile. Everything in the apartment, including our bedroom, was clean and kept in order. E. J. welcomed us to use his kitchen and living room for whatever we needed. He was particularly kind and cooked us dinner when we returned to the apartment one evening. He wasn't expecting us and offered to put together additional food on the fly. It was impossible to say no as the apartment smelled AMAZING! The actual dish (Pho) was some of the best I have ever had, hats off to the chef! The location worked out really well for us during our visit. It was a short Lyft ride to downtown and a reasonable walk to Cooper-Young and Overton Square. E. J. gave us great live music recommendations at some of the establishments in Cooper-Young so we always had something to do in the evenings. If you are planning a vacation in Memphis or visiting for work definitely check out E. J.'s accommodations, you won't be disappointed!
E.J. was a gracious host and the apartment was in a convenient location. We only stayed for one night but definitely would have been comfortable with a longer stay and explored the city.
EJ was incredibly welcoming and responsive. It is clear EJ loves Memphis and goes out of his way to make sure you enjoy your stay. He was a fountain of information about Memphis and was happy to help us find the restaurants and music that interested us the most. The room was clean and as pictured. We enjoyed walking to the bars and restaurants in Overton from his home. Parking was easy and the internet was fast. EJ even woke up early to make us an innovative sprouted brown rice breakfast.
E.J. was a great host and a pleasure to talk. He had lots of info about what to do in the area and was very accommodating. The apartment is a comfortable and interesting place to stay in.
EJ was an awesome host. His place was easy to find and in an awesome location. EJ was incredibly accommodating and made me feel at home.
The space is private and clean, with a comfortable bed (even if it was an air mattress) and a bathroom with everything you need.
He provides a guide book, records, TV, reading, in-room water.
He also is incredibly friendly and helped me plan a perfect trip that met my needs and accommodates my interests. I would stay here again!
EJ was a gracious and extremely accommodating host. The space was very cosy and tastefully decorated with all amenities you could possibly think of. Spotlessly clean with an excellent bathroom and plenty of fresh towels.
Our host gave excellent recommendations for entertainment and food, but otherwise afforded us a great deal of privacy and flexibility.
I had a very comfortable stay at this location. The host was extremely hospitable, was open to socializing but also respected my privacy when needed. The room was tastefully decorated, clean, and very comfortable. Location-wise, it is walking distance to a supermarket, drug store, and a bustling Midtown nightlife district. Super convenient. Building was super safe and had ample parking in the back. I highly recommend this location!
I work in film and television production & operate a boutique music/management/media services company with a small clientele. A native Memphian, I generally work from home & travel on occasion. I'm a vegetarian who loves to be around food lovers of all kinds. I'm an avid bicyclist, have an interest in vintage clothing and mid-century antiques, reading, watching (or working on making) independent & documentary films, modern music and visual arts. I've always been fascinated by people who are into mountain climbing, skateboarding & surfing.
As a traveler, I've gone throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. Places I look forward to traveling include UK, France, Spain, Germany, Brazil, Japan, Australia, South Africa, Norway and Sweden.
My dream cities to live in are Melbourne, Berlin and London. I've lived in New York City (Manhattan), Los Angeles and Seattle throughout my life, but I have loved living in Memphis more than any other -- the people, the food, the sights, the culture -- and I really enjoy showing my guests as many sides of the city as I can. If you're looking for something to do, I can probably point you in at least one of the right directions.