About this listing
Located in east Midtown moments from Overton Square, Overton Park and the Cooper-Young District, you'll be treated to a comfortable, spacious master suite and private bath/en suite in a 24-hour security building with pool & business-class internet.
Depending on what time of year you stay with me, the space may be decorated in the manner you see pictured.
My 1150 sq. foot corner unit is on the 6th floor of a 7-story, 24-hour monitored security building. Your master bedroom itself is 400 sq. feet, including your own attached private en suite with shower/bathtub/restroom.
Your amenities include:
• central heating & air conditioning + ceiling fans
• a fully-equipped kitchen with a range of amenities
• sofa, chaise lounge & HDTV (streaming Netflix, Chromecast & HDMI)
• business class wireless high-speed internet
• private balcony facing a tree-lined neighborhood
• plenty of private off-street parking.
• pool, sauna and meeting room in the building
• onsite laundry facility
Interaction with Guests
I love meeting new people & that's part of why I have been a successful and well-reviewed Airbnb host. I take care of my guests and work to make your visit to Memphis enjoyable.
My motto is that I will always do whatever makes you, the guest, feel most comfortable.
I am three short blocks from Overton Square's burgeoning & recently-renovated nightlife, theaters, world-class restaurants and shopping.
If you want, you can bike or walk to both the Cooper-Young District or Overton Park & there are many protected bike lanes both in my neighborhood and throughout the area in which I live.
Downtown Memphis is a mere 10 minutes by car or 25-30 minutes via public transit. Also, buses in Memphis do have bike racks on the front (if you should happen to be bringing your bicycle).
I recommend reviewing my Guidebook, I've included suggestions for sightseeing, restaurants and shopping in my neighborhood and beyond.
• There are several city bus lines which run within 2 blocks of my house. Memphis public transit is most reliable during daylight hours.
• Memphis now has both Lyft and Uber! These are great ways to get around and half the cost or less of taxi services. If you have an iPhone, Android or Windows smartphone, simply provide me with your U.S. telephone number and I'll send you an invitation to both apps which gives each of us free credits.
• There are Zipcars within a few miles and at the Memphis airport. Contact me for details if you are interested in Zipcars.
• There are bike lanes on many of the major thoroughfares surrounding my neighborhood & all throughout the city of Memphis. Bike rentals are available from local shops like Revolutions Bike Shop, The Peddler or Midtown Bike Shop.
• There are taxi services, but it's best to have a phone number of a reliable driver. Please ask me & I'll gladly provide you direct numbers to taxis.
Other Things to Note
• Having been raised in a family of foodies, cooks, chefs and culinary arts exemplars, cooking for my guests is something I love to do. While meals are not included, I'm thrilled to make enough to share if I'm around -- read my reviews from previous guests & ask me for details if you're interested.
• Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere in the unit or in public areas of the building.
• While I do love animals, I am unable to provide boarding for pets -- no exceptions.
As you can tell from reviews, I'm a very easy-going person and I work hard at making sure your stay here is as comfortable and clean as possible. To ensure I can offer the same quality experience to all my guests, please be mindful of the following:
• No Smoking & No Pets of Any Kind: There is no smoking allowed of anything at anytime inside the unit, the bathrooms or in the public areas of the building. I love animals, but I'm unable to have pets due to my allergies.
• Park Behind The Building: Parking is only allowed on the upper parking deck behind the building or on the street. Parking in the lower parking deck will be subject to tow.
• I Work At Keeping a Clean Environment: My home is your home, please be conscientious. If you cook or use dishes, please clean up after yourself. You can use the provided cleaning supplies to scrape any leftover food or food residue off of your dishes & place things in the dishwasher for me, I will make sure and run the dishwasher when it's full.
• Hang On To Your Keys: Lost key replacement charge: $75 for building key, $75 for unit.
• Tengo Lavanderia: Coin-operated laundry is in the first floor of the building.
• During The Summer Months: There is an outdoor pool and a sauna on the first floor of the building for use by tenants. The pool closes at 11pm nightly. Tenants are likely to freak out if you don't wear appropriate swimwear, get naked or do cannonballs in the pool -- if anything gets messed up while using these facilities, you'll end up being responsible for the damage (and possibly bail).
• Nighttime is Chill Time: Quiet time is 11pm daily. My building and my home are a relatively quiet space except for the occasional movie or quiet music. Please respect my neighbors and me by keeping your volume to a minimum.
There is a computer desk with a printer for you to use & business class wireless internet.
We didnt get to meet E.J. but he was very quick at arranging one of his friends to let us into his apartment and show us around. His place was really lovely with a balcony and the airbed stayed inflated throughout the night unlike some others I have encountered! It was also really close to midtown which was great
We didn't get to meet EJ, but his friend Mona met us in the parking lot and showed us up to our room. She was very nice. The apartment was great and I loved the decor. His air mattress is a very nice model and was comfortable. You could adjust the air level pretty easily if you like a firmer mattress. Overall it was a great stay.
Ej is a super Host!!! Very kind and helpfully!!
A nice suite whit private restroom... a big living room!!! A very good place sto stay in memphis and a wonderfull host
Unfortunately ,we did not get to meet E.J. But, the check-in process was extremely easy thanks to one of his friends and he was a great communicator from the start. The location of the apartment is perfect and the size of the room/bathroom was ample. The place is a bit run down but it'll get the job done if you don't plan on staying in a bunch. The only downside was the air mattress. We knew ahead of time that the bed was an air mattress but it was kind of annoying after a three night stay. It's decently comfortable to sleep on but I felt like a real bed was more appropriate for the price. For two people, it made a lot of noise when turning over was a bit slippery (normal air bed issues).
It's true: my listing clearly states that it's an air mattress & out of 52 guests who have given stellar reviews, you're the first to mention it being a problem. I suppose if you're looking for suburban Nashville living in midtown Memphis, neither my home nor Midtown Memphis itself would be appropriate for your needs.
EJ was not in Memphis and I did not get to meet him but he was available at all time to arrange easy access to his home even when my transportation was delayed we had easy communication. His home is as described clean,comfortable and close to Overton Square. I did not use the bus as it seemed to only run hourly. Uber was available. The bed is an air mattress which was comfortable as I was alone. Safe neighbourhood and recommend staying here.
I didn't meet E.J as he was out of town for work. But, I met his lovely friend Mona who gave me the keys and talked me through everything I needed to know. The listing was accurate, I love the 60s furniture. The neighbourhood was pretty quiet, but close to many amenities including a CVs which came in handy when i came down with a cold. In E.J absence, and since it was my first time in memphis, I used his guide book which was immensely helpful. Made it to a couple of the breakfast spots and tourist attractions.
The reservation was canceled 11 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
About the Host, E. J.
I work in film and television production & operate a boutique music/management/media services company with a small clientele. A native Memphian, I generally work from home & travel on occasion. I'm a vegetarian who loves to be around food lovers of all kinds. I'm an avid bicyclist, have an interest in vintage clothing and mid-century antiques, reading, watching (or working on making) independent & documentary films, modern music and visual arts. I've always been fascinated by people who are into mountain climbing, skateboarding & surfing.
As a traveler, I've gone throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. Places I look forward to traveling include UK, France, Spain, Germany, Brazil, Japan, Australia, South Africa, Norway and Sweden.
My dream cities to live in are Melbourne, Berlin and London. I've lived in New York City (Manhattan), Los Angeles and Seattle throughout my life, but I have loved living in Memphis more than any other -- the people, the food, the sights, the culture -- and I really enjoy showing my guests as many sides of the city as I can. If you're looking for something to do, I can probably point you in at least one of the right directions.