Fully restored 1915 Queen Anne on quiet tree-lined street in Armory Park. Walk to yoga, glass studios, Santa Teresa Tile Works, Children's Museum; brew pub, restaurants, churches, all downtown venues including convention center, Music Hall, opera. Less than a mile to Fourth Avenue shopping, galleries, and street fair. Little more than a mile to the University of Arizona, Centennial Hall, and Arizona State Museum. Twenty minutes to airport.
Simple classic furnishings. Large eat-in kitchen with appliances, basic supplies, coffeemaker and coffee. Front and back porches for relaxing, extra well-lit studio room for writing or making art. Basic pantry with teas, spices, oil, vinegar, etc. Clawfoot tub (original to another Armory Park home) with hand-held/wall-mounted shower. Extensive reading library as well as art books. Lots of my whimsical art on the walls. We salvage, reuse, recycle, and compost; gardens are in process of being replanted, lots of native species and herbs.
One bedroom features a queen bed, the other a full; 100% cotton linens, sun-dried. Pack and Play, stroller and booster seat available on request. Bicycle, helmet, lock, and light available with deposit.
On-street free parking; secured gated yard. Washer available; solar dryer (clothesline). Hair dryer, iron and ironing board, gas barbecue; sewing kit, umbrellas. Owner next door.
Note: The daily rate is for one or 4 guests in 2 bedrooms, with use of the entire house and yard.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed in or near the house.
2. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. Owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order; leave the house as you found it.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Extra sheets and towels are available if needed.
8. At the end of your stay please wash your dishes, strip the bed linens, take trash and recycling to the street containers, compost to the bin.
Check-in was so easy with Kathleen greeting us on arrival. House was very charming, air conditioning worked well and location was perfect for exploring Tucson. Loved having coffee and brunch at the Market one block away. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit. Everything was perfect!
The Artist's Guest House is a lovely two bedroom bungalow filled with collectibles and original art. There's plenty to look at, but the rooms are spacious and the overall aesthetic is roomy and not overly cluttered. I can't speak of the neighborhood since we spent no real time there, but street parking was easy. Kathleen lives just next door but gave us plenty of space to do our own thing. A quick note about the tub/shower/running water: the place (and plumbing) are old and not high tech or super efficient. If what you want is fast and sleek then you might be better off somewhere else. But if charming and slower paced are just fine by you, then this is a really lovely spot.
My husband, sister, and sister's boyfriend met in Tucson for Thanksgiving and Kathleen's guest house was the perfect home base. It was very comfortable with all the amenities of a hotel, but with the comfort of being at home. The kitchen was well appointed and we were able to cook Thanksgiving dinner for the four of us, as well as several other large meals, with up to 3 of us working in the kitchen at a time.
The location can absolutely not be beat. It was central to all our activities (most of which were spur of the moment): Saguaro NP hike, Senora Desert Museum, dinner at El Charro & movie at El Con Mall. There is also a market and some restaurants that were within walking distance. The neighborhood is very cute, as is the house, which is very nicely decorated with inspiring original art. Will definitely stay again if we make it back that way.
Artist's Guest House is a perfect description. Kathleen's house is the way you wished you lived if you swept away all the unimportant stuff and kept the things that really mattered: a garden, a french press, a sketchpad and some pastels, a giant bathtub, a down comforter... Absolutely charming, lovely place and we really appreciated the apples and other goodies in the kitchen.
This host has 10 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I have lived here in Armory Park for more than 30 years. I love the history, the architecture and the wonderfull neighbors.
I am an artist and an art teacher, and my passions (besides my art) are gardening and reading.