The apartment is located in the center of the city, the heart of Rome , in Trastevere.
Trastevere, comes from the Latin words “Trans Tiberim” which means, beyond the Tiber.
Trastevere conveniently lies on the west bank of the River Tiber, and on crossing the river, you can comfortably reach most of the city's sights on foot, such as the Coliseum, Navona square and Campo de' Fiori, the Sinagogue.. This location is ideal to reach Castel Sant’ Angelo and the Vatican Museums and the St. Peter’s Basilica.
The property surrounded by a condominium garden, is located on a quiet and tranquil side of Trastevere near the famous flea Market “Porta Portese”, that is held every Sunday.
This area is reach of nice and good restaurants, cafés, pub and pizzerias. This is one of the most characteristic area of Rome. Trastevere used to be the working class quarter, became the area of the artist. Todays is known among Romans and tourists for its night life.
Taste here the Trastevere’s authentic atmosphere finding on the street the artist painting, visit its ancient churches, enjoy a glass of wine in one of the many “ Wineries ”.
The apartment is composed by a hall and living room, a bathroom, two bedrooms and a balcony. It has just been renovated: new parquets on the floor, new wooden furniture, new mattresses, air conditioning/heating, boiler in the bathroom. This room is equipped with white and modern furniture, has its own kitchen with kitchenware, fridge, coffee pot and a oven at your disposal, bathroom with bathtub and shower, hairdryer. This room enjoys a little balcony facing a nice garden where you can enjoy your breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea . Kitchenette is for your personal use. The bathroom is to be shared between guests of the other room. I provide towels and sheets, plates and cutlery. Internet Wi-fi provided. In the hall/living room you will find many guide books in several different languages that may help you choosing the right place to visit. There are so many places to visit in Rome, not only the Vatican or the Coliseum. Please, take a look!
The apartment is in a walking distance (80 meters) from the main street of the quarter : Viale Trastevere or Testaccio , famous area full of discos thus a meeting place of the Roman movida. On Viale Trastevere you’ll find lots of groceries, bakeries, shops and minimarkets. In the same street of the apartment there is a parking and a supermarket where you can find anything you forgot to take with you (happens to all of us )or just few things you want to buy to cook your lunch or dinner.
As this apartment is new doesn’t have any reference, but here are some of my guests of other rooms and I promise I’ll do my best to make you feel home away from home:
1. The apartment and room were both wonderful. Apollonia was fast at responding to our requests and easy to communicate with. the location is excellent because it is near the nightlife of Trastevere but on a quiet street. we were able to cook a simple meal and linger over coffee in the mornings. The giant umbrellas she left out for us were a thoughtful touch my walk to the vatican would have been miserable without one. I absolutely recommend this place!
2. The red room in the apartment in Trastevere was a clean and comfortable room. It had good connections to public transportation. However, we usually walked to most of the areas we were interested in seeing. We were met by Alessandro who was welcoming and friendly. He checked back with us to make sure that things were ok and to answer any questions we had. We would recommend this location as a base for your Rome visitation.
3. I really enjoyed my time in Rome and staying in this lovely nest. It was all new and clean and quiet. I must say, i didn't hear anything and there was another couple in the room next door for two nights. There's a TV and a/c in the room and ok the view overlooks other apartments but this was fine as I was out all of the day/night. The bathroom has been renovated to an extent and the wifi worked well in my room. It's within walking distance to the bus/tram lines, however public transport - especially bus H, can be 'less frequent' than specified on the timetable. In fact, regardless of the public transport, I find the best way to explore a city is by foot. I walked everywhere - literally - day and night. I was on my own and found it to be safe. When I first arrived I got a little lost and Apolina came and met me and drove me to the apartment and showed me around. During my stay I was able to call either Apolina or her brother to ask any questions or directions to certain areas I needed to go. They were also very flexible when I had to check out and were very accommodating as my train departed in the afternoon. Bed was comfortable and plenty of cupboard space to hang my clothes. There were Rome guide books in different languages so I borrowed one for my few days and found this to be extremely useful. I almost felt like I lived in Rome for these few days. The service from Apolina and her brother were excellent.
4. Location was great - residential area but easy walking to attractions. Apollonia was very responsive and room was comfortable. Really enjoyed Trastevere, thanks!
5. Apollonia is very helpful for any question about the apartment or generally Roma. The apartment is located next to all strategic points of Roma and very well served district by public transport (BUS H - termini station to via trastevere in 15mn). We had a great trip. I think I will come back.
I hope you will make a reference like one of these… come over and enjoy!!!
L'appartement dApollonia était assez bien situé, mais ne ressemble pas vraiment aux photos proposés (beaucoup moins lumineux et propre). Nous avons eu un problème avec la porte d'entrée mais le frère d'Apollonia (Alessandro) a su être disponible un soir à 1h du matin. Appartement pratique pour un petit budget sur Rome
Está muy bien ubicado, limpio, la propietaria ni la conocimos pero todo funcionó correctamente a través del mail.
This was our first ever BNB and quite frankly our last! Apollonia emailed us the day of our arrival to notify us that we no longer were able to have the Coral room which we had already paid for. She put us in the Green room instead which was nice enough and the bed was comfortable, however it was not what we had paid for and were expecting! The shower did not drain properly, therefore we didnt enjoy our shower. We never met Apollonia but when we spoke to her on the phone, she was rude and abrupt. That was after she ignored our SMS and emails! That said the location in Rome was great. Although I wouldn't recommend this BNB so you don't have to deal with Apollonia and her poor service!
Apollonia's space was clean and convenient and reasonable for the space. The bedroom has a small kitchen which we found pleasant for our morning coffee, etc. The bathroom is shared but was clean and sharing was no problem for us. Be sure to ask Apollonia for the WiFi passcode if you want to use it.
The room is in an apartment building about two blocks from a stop on the Travestere tram line. This makes it easy to get to and from the airport (take the line that stops at Travestere station, not the one that goes directly to Terminal Station) as well as to places like the Colosseum. It was either a quick tram ride or a 20 minute walk to parts of Travestere with more restaurants, etc.
All in all, we had a pleasant stay at Apollonia's place.
The description was fine and we found it very quickly. Beautiful apartment, clean and big enough. A Bus station is only 5 minutes away and the nearest bars and restaurants also in walking distance. Everything was ok!
+ + +
Great place to stay, nice and comfortable apartment.
Good location in the city
Instruction were perfect to find the place
- - -
the kitchen is in the room...
two single bed and not 1 double bed
It is not the niciest place in the neighbourhood... but only at 5 minutes walking from the center of Trastevere
Apollonia was a great host. She was easy to reach and communicate with. The room was nice, clean, and in a great location.
Great stay in a great apartment. Bathroom is shared but was not a problem. The location was great - we walked everywhere. Recommended!
The appartment is very well located. The neighbourhood is very calm and in a few walking minutes you are in Trastevere one of the most interesting neighbourhoods of Roma ! The room was very clean and big !