About this listing
*** message me if the calendar's full - I may have availability!
This property is easily one of the nicest Airbnb Gems in Medellin, filled with charm, style, modern touches, wide open spaces, and an unbeatable location trust me... you'll love it ;)
Alright, so the property itself is pretty epic, with 3000 square feet of awesomeness, it has wide open common areas, nice tall cathedral ceilings, plenty of light, tons of attention to detail, chic furniture, modern design, and several nooks and sitting areas throughout so there's plenty of space for everyone :) There's a nice big balcony at the front to enjoy the breeze, as well as a semi open patio space in the back with a Jacuzzi for hot days or cool nights ;)
3 years ago, when I first arrived in Medellin, I had actually stayed at a place just down the road from this House...I had been looking for a part of town with a bit more of that authentic Colombian charm than the typical tourist trail provides... but still wanted the comfort, safety, and touches of modernity that give the higher class areas their sense of enchantment...long story short, I found exactly what I was looking for in the Laureles/Estadio area, and grabbed a room through airbnb. I would spend my days in nearby cafes, mixing music, writing, and walking down the street to the UPB University (abuzz with youthful energy and free wifi ;) ) taking spanish classes, working out, working on my projects, and before I knew it, I didn't want to leave, I felt more at home in this city than in any other I had previously traveled, and so the backpack was taken off, and almost 3 years later I'm still here :) after many fortunate adventures, I stumbled upon this gem in what remains my favourite part of town, so I've since added a ton of modern details and design, and made it into the type of space where the energy flows well, and people can truly get comfortable
- Professionals who work online will be more than happy with the solid High Speed internet connection and great desks in all of the rooms.
- full HD DIRECT TV programming in living room and all bedrooms
- Complementary Coffee :)
- Maid Service 5 days a week
- On Site Laundry Service (additional charge)
- Very Comfortable Pillow-top Orthopedic Mattresses (Double size)
- 42" Flat screen TVs in all the bedrooms with HDMI and USB connections
- Private and Shared Bathrooms
- WIFI throughout
- Bedroom Safes
- Beautiful Fully loaded Kitchen with American Bar
- Lounge Areas throughout
- 10 Minute walk to the stadium metro station
Guests have access to all common areas throughout the house as well as the privacy of their own rooms.
Interaction with Guests
Although we don't live at the house, me and my wife Dani come by from time to time to hang out with guests, have a coffee, grab a beer, enjoy some good conversion...you know the deal ;) and then at other times you may not see much of us at all, either way we're just a phone call away if you need anything :)
As mentioned earlier the area is pretty hard to beat, just 2 blocks from the charming and energetic "la 70" stretch of cafes, bars and restaurants, with the city's most prestigious university (la UPB) and Unicentro mall and movie theater just a short walk away as well. the city's main sports stadium is just down the road aswell, where you can get a taste of Colombian soccer or check out the olympic swimming pools or free outdoor gym.
- one of the nicest things about the area is the number or healthy/organic restaurants and cafes within walking distance, as the city has just recently started to pay attention to the demand for healthy alternatives and this part of town seems to be leading the way, there's some REALLY great restaurants just a block away :)...all of this while being just far enough away from the action so that the nights are quiet and the rooms remain peaceful, like I said...pretty hard to beat :)
This area is VERY central, a short taxi or metro ride to downtown, or any other part of town for that matter so it's one of the best location in terms of getting around medellin
- The Estadio Metro station is just a 10 minute walk up "la 70", and gives you access to Medellin's award winning metro system, where you can access any part of the city, safely and comfortably for less than $1 USD, to be honest traveling via metro is great in Medellin, and really gives you a taste of the city, so don't miss out
- taxis in Medellin are very inexpensive with a 10 minute taxi ride sometimes costing no more than $2.00 U.S, which is obviously very cool
Other Things to Note
I typically prefer longer term tenants however stays as short as one week are currently being offered, I'm always intrigued by the interesting travelers and professionals who come through my apartments and whether you're a lone traveler looking for adventure and new culture, or a professional looking for an elegant and relaxing place to set up for a while, I can assure you you'll enjoy the energy these spaces provide.
- one overnight guest allowed, please do not leave guests unaccompanied in the house
- please clean up after using common areas such as Kitchen, Dining, Living Room, etc.
- always wash your own dishes!
- Quiet Hours after 10:30PM during week days and 1PM on weekends
- please do not leave private belongings in the common areas
- Respect eachother
- Enjoy yourself :)
Excellent location, near lots of good restaurants, and two beautiful parks. House is good, my room was clean and big. The weather was a little hot and the house only have Vent, no A/C, but it was ok. Just a little hot. Clean lady is gentle but don't speak much English. I'm looking forward to my return to Medellín and would definitely stay here again. Other roommates were nice. Had a great time there.
Keenan was great. Very friendly and helpful. Nicely appointed apartment and great location near la 70. Definitely recommend.
Awesome place, would definitely stay there again.
Quiet & safe neighborhood but only a couple of blocks from one of the main streets filled with restaurants and shops (which was LOUD on the weekends - to the point where I don't think I could have slept well at one of the hotels on this street. But two blocks up it was like being in the suburbs.
Some nice small touches: the lights each have motion detectors and come on automatically as you walk through the place. Super-nice kitchen (which I didn't use because of all the restaurants nearby...)
I didn't get to meet Lee personally, but he replied quickly to all my emails and was always available by telephone.
I actually had 2 different places booked and Keenan was nice enough to let me come early to the second place so I wouldn't have to move so I never stayed at this place. Keenan has been an awesome host
This is a really incredible place in Medellin.
Brand new and modern.
Spacious. Clean. Calm.
The host is very attentive patient and welcoming.
This host has 108 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Lee
At the moment, I'm a writer, and landlord from Toronto. 6 years ago I escaped from the winter of Canada to chase the sun and re-invigorate my artistic inspirations, and have been abroad ever since. I'm very clean when it comes to my apartments as I believe the space you keep mirrors your internal state, and vice-versa. I can come back to this later