This property is easily one of the nicest Airbnb Gems in Medellin, filled with charm, style, and modern touches from head to toe, tall ceilings, wide open spaces, and an unbeatable location, in the heart of town, trust me... you'll love it ;)
Alright, so the property itself is pretty epic, with 3000 square feet of awesomeness, it has wide open common areas, nice tall cathedral ceilings, plenty of light, tons of attention to detail, chic furniture, modern design, and several nooks and sitting areas throughout so there's plenty of space for everyone :) There's a nice big balcony at the front to enjoy the breeze, as well as a semi open patio space in the back with a Jacuzzi for hot days or cool nights ;)
3 years ago, when I first arrived in Medellin, I had actually stayed at a place just down the road from this House...I had been looking for a part of town with a bit more of that authentic Colombian charm than the typical tourist trail provides... but still wanted the comfort, safety, and touches of modernity that give the higher class areas their sense of enchantment...long story short, I found exactly what I was looking for in the Laureles/Estadio area, and grabbed a room through airbnb. I would spend my days in nearby cafes, mixing music, writing, and walking down the street to the UPB University (abuzz with youthful energy and free wifi ;) ) taking spanish classes, working out, working on my projects, and before I knew it, I didn't want to leave, I felt more at home in this city than in any other I had previously traveled, and so the backpack was taken off, and almost 3 years later I'm still here :) after many fortunate adventures, I stumbled upon this gem in what remains my favourite part of town, so I've since added a ton of modern details and design, and made it into the type of space where the energy flows well, and people can truly get comfortable
- Professionals who work online will be more than happy with the solid High Speed internet connection and great desks in all of the rooms.
- full HD DIRECT TV programming in living room and all bedrooms
- Complementary Coffee :)
- Maid Service 5 days a week
- On Site Laundry Service (additional charge)
- Very Comfortable Pillow-top Orthopedic Mattresses (Double size)
- 42" Flat screen TVs in all the bedrooms with HDMI and USB connections
- Private and Shared Bathrooms
- WIFI throughout
- Bedroom Safes
- Beautiful Fully loaded Kitchen with American Bar
- Lounge Areas throughout
- 10 Minute walk to the stadium metro station
Guests have access to all common areas throughout the house as well as the privacy of their own rooms.
Interaction with Guests
Although we don't live at the house, me and my wife Dani come by from time to time to hang out with guests, have a coffee, grab a beer, enjoy some good conversion...you know the deal ;) and then at other times you may not see much of us at all, either way we're just a phone call away if you need anything :)
As mentioned earlier the area is pretty hard to beat, just 2 blocks from the charming and energetic "la 70" stretch of cafes, bars and restaurants, with the city's most prestigious university (la UPB) and Unicentro mall and movie theater just a short walk away as well. the city's main sports stadium is just down the road aswell, where you can get a taste of Colombian soccer or check out the olympic swimming pools or free outdoor gym.
- one of the nicest things about the area is the number or healthy/organic restaurants and cafes within walking distance, as the city has just recently started to pay attention to the demand for healthy alternatives and this part of town seems to be leading the way, there's some REALLY great restaurants just a block away :)...all of this while being just far enough away from the action so that the nights are quiet and the rooms remain peaceful, like I said...pretty hard to beat :)
This area is VERY central, a short taxi or metro ride to downtown, or any other part of town for that matter so it's one of the best location in terms of getting around medellin
- The Estadio Metro station is just a 10 minute walk up "la 70", and gives you access to Medellin's award winning metro system, where you can access any part of the city, safely and comfortably for less than $1 USD, to be honest traveling via metro is great in Medellin, and really gives you a taste of the city, so don't miss out
- taxis in Medellin are very inexpensive with a 10 minute taxi ride sometimes costing no more than $2.00 U.S, which is obviously very cool
Other Things to Note
I typically prefer longer term tenants however stays as short as one week are currently being offered, I'm always intrigued by the interesting travelers and professionals who come through my apartments and whether you're a lone traveler looking for adventure and new culture, or a professional looking for an elegant and relaxing place to set up for a while, I can assure you you'll enjoy the energy these spaces provide.
- one overnight guest allowed, please do not leave guests unaccompanied in the house
- please clean up after using common areas such as Kitchen, Dining, Living Room, etc.
- always wash your own dishes!
- Quiet Hours after 10:30PM during week days and 1PM on weekends
- please do not leave private belongings in the common areas
- Respect eachother
- Enjoy yourself :)
It was a definite great and relaxing experience in Medellin thanks to Keenan & Dani. I felt privileged to have met some interesting people within this travel and this one turned out to be a rather productive and restful vacation. The location was extremely convenient as all of my basic needs were no more than an arm's reach. Keenan was not only a solid and accomodating host, but cool as hell as was Dani. If you ever go to Medellin and need a dope pad to stay in, look up my man Keenan - he'll set you straight, easy. Will be back for round 2 without question. Good lookin' out K!!
I've stayed in Keenan's places a few times now and have never had any problems. Hassle free accommodation with good vibes.
Great apartment in a great location. The apartments is close to shops/restaurants/supermarkets/transport. Great bed, shower is great - plenty of hot water with excellent water pressure.
I enjoyed staying at Keenan's Penthouse soo much that I ended up adding 5 more days to my stay, hence the double review. Same as before, I shall continue to rent from Keenan everytime I am in Medellin.
Really nice apartment, lots of balconies to enjoy the great Medellin weather. The location is great, safe neighbourhood with nice commercial streets.
Dani and Keenan were really friendly.
It's a nice "man cave" with good wifi and shower. Keenan is nice we left our camera at his place and he did mail the camera to Bogota. There is no female travelers in the house.
Very clean and chic place with a nice view, good location, safe neighborhood.
This place is really special. The former penthouse of one of Medellin's famous narco lords, it's been serving as an enormous apartment for travelers for several years now. There are eight rooms, multiple balconies, patios, glassed-in common areas, a sauna, and unbelievable views of the sky and the mountains. The neighborhood, Laureles, is far from Poblado, but that's fine with me. It's very secure, fairly wealthy, and in the last week, I haven't seen a single gringo in these streets other than myself. I'm hoping to extend my stay even longer.
This host has 73 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
At the moment, I'm a writer, and landlord from Toronto. 6 years ago I escaped from the winter of Canada to chase the sun and re-invigorate my artistic inspirations, and have been abroad ever since. I'm very clean when it comes to my apartments as I believe the space you keep mirrors your internal state, and vice-versa. I can come back to this later