About this listing
Mountain Springs Resort (MSR) has gorgeous views of Blue Mountain. Come and enjoy this cozy, modern, well-equipped Condo, with a separate, private bedroom just 12 steps from the ski hill on the GROUND LEVEL. MSR includes a heated swim pool!
Probably the best condo at the Mountain Springs Resort (MSR) right at the base of Blue Mountain. This is a true ski-in/ski-out location at the foot of the North Ski Hill of Blue Mountain just a dozen steps from your front door. There are NO stairs to climb to get in/out of this bright GROUND LEVEL condo which offers great views of the ski hill and the BEST FULL DECK in the complex. This chalet is a 15 minute walk to Blue Mountain Village. If you prefer, hop on a FREE SHUTTLE bus. One of the TWO DECKS has a beautiful view of a SMALL WATERFALL which you can hear whenever outside enjoying the scenery. A SMALL STREAM flows around the outside of your private bedroom. This 554 sq. ft. chalet gives you one SEPARATE, PRIVATE bedroom, and a new leather LazyBoy sleeper-couch in the living room. Both are very comfortable queen-sized beds with down duvets. This condo has been recently upgraded with a new electric fireplace, marble backsplash, granite counters, carpeting, furniture, two high efficiency HVAC units and stainless steel appliances.
This condo sleeps 4 persons in two separate, private rooms. There is one compete bathroom with a two sink vanity and Jacuzzi tub. The living room has one electric fireplace, a TV and DVD player. The full kitchen includes stainless-steel appliances including a new Bosch dishwasher, fridge, stove/oven and microwave, and island. Towels, utensils pots, pans, kettle, coffee makers, toaster, martini/wine glasses, etc are also provided. There is also a separate dining area with 4 chairs for your dining comfort.
Other amenities include a year-round hot tub and heated, swimming pool (common to complex). Underground parking, Tennis Courts, a private ski locker, free Wifi and Cable TV are also included.
Free parking, free shuttle service, picnic tables and charcoal BBQ's are also available.
Blue Mountain Village is a pleasant 15 minute walk or 5 minute drive from Mountain Springs.
MSR offers a FREE shuttle service (called At Your Service) 365 days a year! At Your Service will dispatch all shuttle requests 24 hours a day. Contact them by cal(phone number hidden) ex 8280 or (phone number hidden) ex 8280. When returning home, simply call again or go to any of the front desk locations.
There is an endless amount of events and activities to choose from at this recreational paradise. In the summer, golf, tennis, festivals, mountain biking, and hiking are just a few of the many great activities to do. In the winter, Blue Mountain offers the best skiing and snowboarding in Ontario. Check out (website hidden) for up to minute details. Information on ‘where to eat’, shopping, recreation, etc is available through the several local magazines which you will find in the condo, upon arrival. During the summer, there are free concerts most Friday and Saturday nights in the Village from 7-9 pm.
This unique complex offers a spectacular view of Blue Mountain and just the right blend of small town charm and resort appeal.
In the summer, guests have access to a tennis court, free parking (above and underground), a free shuttle to the Blue Mountain Village, a hot tub common to the complex, and a heated swimming pool.
Check-out is at 11 a.m. and check-in is 4 p.m.
Interaction with Guests
I will available to guests promptly 24/7 by phone and email. I am respectful of a guests privacy and independence so will not be present unless required.
Mountain Springs Resort (MSR) is a lovely, quiet, complex just far/close enough from the 'mania' of Blue Mountain Village. MSR is at the base of the steep ski hill and has a lovely stream that weaves through the property.
Blue Mountain Village is a pleasant 15 minute walk or 5 minute drive from Mountain Springs (MSR). MSR offers a FREE shuttle service (called At Your Service) 365 days a year! At Your Service will dispatch all shuttle requests 24 hours a day. Contact them by cal(phone number hidden) ex 8280 or (phone number hidden) ex 8280. When returning home, simply call again or go to any of the front desk locations.
Other Things to Note
Unit comes fully equipped with all usual kitchen appliances and utensils. All towels and bedding are also provided.
1. The premise that you are occupying is a home;
2. Treat the premise as your own;
3. Respect your neighbours.
4. Leave condo as you find it.
5. Strict maximum number of Guests is 4.
6. Restrict noise please.
7. When u leave, waste should be left the bins located just on the pool side of the underground parking lot, or leave this for the cleaner/owner to dispose of.
Questions? Call Werner at (phone number hidden) ANTIME. Enjoy!
Lovely place! It is exactly as the host described. There was plenty to do in the area to keep us occupied. The host provided lots of good information on the workings of the house and things to do in the area. The beds were comfortable and the place was clean. I highly recommend this place.
My girlfriends and I had a great weekend away at Werner's condo. It was close to everything and very convenient for getting to the village. We enjoyed the ability to have a few meals in using the kitchen, versus eating out every time. Overall, great experience and seamless communication. Thank you!
The location of this lovely place was exactly as advertised. Close to the Village, shopping, dining, everything was minutes away. The condo itself was very clean and welcoming and modern in its decor. Werner was a flexible and gracious host who informed me of local attractions and gave precise instructions leaving no room for error.
I would definitely come back, maybe next time in the winter to enjoy some skiing!
Great location. Nice apartment. Beautiful view of the blue mountain ski area. Would definitely come back.
Thanks Johan. I saw the ants when I cleaned it and too measures to eliminate the problem. I will go back tonight and check the pillow. Thanks for taking the time to provide me with some constructive, confidential feedback. Let me know if the sunglasses I found are yours and, if so, if I should mail them back to you.
Although we didn't spend much time in Werner's place during our short visit to Blue Mountain, the condo was the right amount of space for two friends. Just a short drive or 15-20 min walk from the village.
Werner provided clear instructions as host and great tips on what to do in the area.
I want to start out by saying that this was our very first attempt at doing an airbnb stay. We have 2 kids (7 yr. old & 1yr.old boy) and were looking for a place that had a kitchen - not so much for us as much as for the kids (coming from a bad experience re. outside food in Mexico). We wanted to spend 2 milestones - our anniversary and our son's first birthday,& to that end Werner's place more than met our expectations! I've put together a list of stuff that may be of help to other travellers.
- Firstly,Werner is always ready with a polite, cheerful and quick responses to any questions you might have. Plus he left us a personal note in his chalet - which we thought was awesome! Just made it so personal
- With a brook right outside the chalet and view of the ski-hill (base of the hill is right outside the door) it can lull you into a blissful state of being.
- There is a balcony area outside with a breakfast table to have hot meals on while enjoying the view.
- Cable tv and dvd player come included (bring your own dvds though)
- Outdoor heated pool (although we didn't get a chance to go as we were there only for a weekend) and has coloured lights in the night.
- This may not be a big deal to some but the power outlets are very conveniently situated. It's there by the sofa bed and also by the bed in the bedroom for phones that need to be juiced up overnight.
- We were very impressed with all the little things too. A jar on the fridge had sugar cubes, salt+pepper was available, clean cutlery, soaps, shampoo, conditioner (for the sink and shower separately).
- Many take this as a given but I should mention there was abundant free parking as well.
- The Blue mountain village is very close, 5 minutes driving time.
- There is an in-house Dryer (no washing machine inside but is available within the resort).
- There's a first aid kit in the shoe closet.
Here's some things you might need to prepare for:
- Closest Walmart is around 7 km which might be a hassle for some after a strenuous day of activities. There is also a 24h Metro close to Walmart.
- When my wife, daughter and son were done bathing there was no hot water. &we're not one to waste excessively.After a wait of half an hour all was good.
- Couldn't locate a toaster.
- Sofa bed was not comfortable but only on the last day did we realize that it was an air mattress *sheepish grin*. We were leaving so didn't spend time looking to see if there was an inflator - electric/manual - around.
All in all, loved the place, loved the condo, loved our time spent there and will absolutely go back!
This was a great condo in a really nice location. Just as described with all the amenities you could posdibly need. Quiet area just far enough out of the village. Werner was more than helpful and i would recommend this stay.
About the Host, Werner
Retired (sort of) Social Worker/Psychotherapist, father of 4 adults/grandfather of one, sailor, motorcyclist, whitewater paddler, telemarker/snowboarder, runner.