About this listing
Renovations are complete! Please scroll through the pictures to see:
- A new on-demand water heater for unlimited hot H2O!
- A privacy fence that gives guests more space of their own.
- A carport-type cover to protect the Airstream, guarantee to keep it dry, and keep it cooler in the summer.
- New, more powerful, electric heaters that will team with the propane furnace to keep it toasty inside.
- A new, "regular" toilet. Installing this allowed us to remove the blackwater tank, and all of the sometimes-unpleasant odors associated with it.
Introducing a unique and wonderful way to experience Seattle! Have you ever wondered what those cool, retro, 60's-era Airstreams are really like on the inside? If so, you've come to the right place!
Welcome to our Artsy Airstream Retreat: a bright, cozy, artistically renovated Airstream trailer that combines the comforts of today with the efficiency and vintage elements of a bygone era. As a 23-foot trailer built in 1965, it's charmingly small with just 170 square feet of living space. Hand-painted murals grace the walls, which are bistro white and calming cerulean blue in color.
The trailer is centrally located in North Seattle's Maple Leaf neighborhood, very close to Greenlake. Easy access to I-5 and local bus lines; a 10-minute drive to downtown. By bus, we are 12 minutes to the University District and 25 minutes to downtown. In 5-15 minutes, one can easily walk to coffee shops, bars. A slightly longer walk will take you to Safeway or QFC. 20-minute walk to Greenlake. Bike everywhere easily!
The Artsy Airstream Retreat has all the conveniences of a hotel room and more: kitchenette with gas cooktop, kettle, microwave, coffee maker, and small fridge, all necessary dishes and silverware; and free, secure Wi-Fi. The NEW electric wall heaters plus powerful propane furnace and NEW on-demand water heater keep the place cozy in the winter, and the NEW canopy plus window air conditioner make the Airstream a pleasant summer hideaway. There is also an extremely space-efficient bathroom with a small shower and "regular" toilet, so you'll be totally self-contained!
Two people can stay here comfortably; a third guest is possible. There is one firm, full-sized bed, plus a twin-size air mattress for an extra third person or child (the dining table and two chairs fold up conveniently to make floor space for the twin air mattress, if needed).
A few things to consider as you contemplate the amazing Artsy Airstream experience:
-Though we've done our best to maximize the efficiency of the trailer's 170 square feet, there are some tight spaces, such as the shower stall and the passage between the bed and the bathroom. You should be very comfortable with the person or people who are staying with you!
- While there are wall heaters, a furnace, and a skirt designed to insulate the floor, the floor can be chilly, so we recommend bringing house slippers or toasty socks.
- All Airbnb guests must sign a liability waiver upon arrival. (The Airstream contains a propane gas detector, smoke alarm, and fire extinguisher. It is renovated to code, and we check all systems regularly.)
- We do not allow pets in the Airstream.
We look forward to hosting you at the Artsy Airstream Retreat!
Interaction with Guests
Generally, we see guests once or twice a day, as we're coming and going. We usually just say "hi" or have a short conversation to make sure that everything is going well. You can easily stay isolated in your own space, or come and knock on the door if you need anything.
About the Host, Kevin And Monica
We're a couple of laid-back, former Peace Corps sweethearts. Now, we both teach for Seattle-area Community Colleges, spend time with our young son and our little dog at Greenlake, ride our bikes all over our beautiful city and beyond, and continue to travel whenever we can. We're happy to meet visitors and help out with recommendations of tourist attractions, restaurants, bike routes, etc.!