Large, sunny room with private entrance and en-suite bath located above our detached garage. Our home is in the desirable "upper westside" neighborhood in Santa Cruz.
• Memory foam-top queen-size bed- (600ct. all-cotton linens)
• En-suite, private bathroom with walk in shower
• High speed internet connection
• Coffee-maker, electric kettle, coffee, tea assortment
• Flat-screen plasma TV w/ basic cable
• DVD player
• USB charging station w/surge protector
• Mini-refrigerator in garage... no microwave
• Small writing desk for laptop
• Hairdryer, shampoo and conditioner
• Iron, ironing board (tucked away... ask if needed)
• Complimentary neighborhood parking pass
• Beach chairs on request
• Optional twin-size aerobed (set-up fee- see "House Rules")
We offer private entrance to a large, sunny room over our detached garage in the safe, exclusive "Upper-Westside" Santa Cruz neighborhood.
Located just 1 block from the main entrance to UCSC, mere steps to a Metro bus stop, and an 8 minute drive to Main Beach, the Boardwalk, or lovely downtown Santa Cruz. Minutes on your bike to dozens of UCSC and Wilder Ranch bike paths, fire roads and single track. Use our hose to clean your bike when you're done, and store it in our garage.
The city of Santa Cruz requires that all Airbnb hosts collect an 11% Transient Occupancy Tax (same as hotels). As Airbnb at this time does not have a way in which to collect this tax as part of your fees, I ask my guests upon departure, to please leave 11% of their room charge, either by cash or check, in order to pay this tax to the city of Santa Cruz. I apologize ahead for the inconvenience. Thank you!
• We live in a tranquil residential neighborhood. There is NO SMOKING, no lighting candles, and no partying allowed. Please arrive and leave happily... and respectfully.
• Though we love animals, there are no exceptions to my policy of "no pets".
• Please... no cologne, scented after-shave, scented oils.
• NOTE: there is a $20 set-up fee for the extra bed, plus $10/night after the first 2 nights. I charge for the extra bed regardless of number of persons staying.
The room was very clean with a comfortable bed. I appreciated the tea, fruit and cookies - thank you! All the directions were clear and it was convenient not having to worry about having a key. Lots of thoughtful touches for guest comfort.
Walking distance to UCSC and close to everything by car or bike.
There is a some traffic noise but it dies down around bedtime.
Lovely sunrise out of the skylight.
Had a great stay. Everything was as described, if not better! We appreciated the close proximity to UCSC as we were making a lot of trips back and forth to visit our daughter on campus. We never met Noreen in person, but felt very cared for in all the special touches and details in the room. We also appreciated the book with personal restaurant and other local recommendations. Hope to be back for many future stays in Santa Cruz!
This place was a very convenient location for Santa Cruz. We were able to get anywhere around in about 15 minutes. The room was very clean and tastefully decorated. Beautiful and safe neighborhood. I would have like to have a microwave available since we did stay 3 nights. I did not meet Noreen or her husband. My husband did run into him in the garage. Would definitely stay again and recommend their place to others.
The room is cozy and clean. The location is excellent if you're visiting the UC Santa Cruz campus. I'd definitely stay here again if I'm back in town!
The room and accommodations were wonderful. This is more of a private bnb then a room rental... Very comfortable, nicely furnished and private... I only met Noreen briefly but she was available if needed... The furniture was very nice and the extra touches made this a retreat... Would (and probably will) be back....
The room was exactly as Noreen describes it, with a number of nice touches that made us feel very welcome - fresh fruit, biscotti, coffee, a nicely appointed bathroom and fast Wi-Fi. All the instructions were clear and easy to follow along with an attractive, private entrance. It is near UCSC and a few short driving minutes from downtown Santa Cruz in a quiet upscale neighborhood. We would certainly recommend Noreen's AirBnB to anyone who is thinking of staying in the Santa Cruz area.
Noreen was great and very accommodating. The apartment above the garage was a great, private escape for a weekend in Santa Cruz. And literally walking distance to UCSC and the bus stop! Very clean and a very comfortable Queen bed.
This host has 1 review for other properties.View Other Reviews
I'm 60+, married, and have 3 adult daughters. My passions are walking, studying Italian language, my family, and traveling... especially to explore Italy. I live by the "Golden Rule" which has worked out well so far.