About this listing
Large, sunny room with private entrance and en-suite bath located above our detached garage. Our home is in the desirable "upper westside" neighborhood in Santa Cruz.
• Memory foam-top queen-size bed- (600ct. all-cotton linens)
• En-suite, full, small private bathroom with walk in shower
• High speed internet connection
• Coffee-maker, electric kettle, coffee, tea assortment
• Flat-screen plasma TV w/ basic cable
• DVD player
• USB charging station w/surge protector
• Mini-refrigerator in garage... no microwave
• Small writing desk for laptop
• Hairdryer, shampoo and conditioner
• Iron, ironing board (tucked away... ask if needed)
• Complimentary neighborhood parking pass
• Beach chairs on request
• Optional twin-size aerobed (set-up fee- see "House Rules")
We offer private entrance to a large, sunny room over our detached garage in the safe, exclusive "Upper-Westside" Santa Cruz neighborhood.
Located just 1 block from the main entrance to UCSC, mere steps to a Metro bus stop, and an 8 minute drive to Main Beach, the Boardwalk, or lovely downtown Santa Cruz. Minutes on your bike to dozens of UCSC and Wilder Ranch bike paths, fire roads and single track. Use our hose to clean your bike when you're done, and store it in our garage.
Interaction with Guests
Your space is completely private and self-contained, and all instructions are carefully spelled out for you in the House Manual once you book. Though we are often at home in the main house, and love to greet our guests if we serendipitously meet in the driveway or garage, we are sometimes traveling and not "on-site". If you would like to book with us, make sure you read and print all your instructions carefully.
Other Things to Note
The city of Santa Cruz requires that all Airbnb hosts collect an 11% Transient Occupancy Tax (same as hotels). As Airbnb at this time does not have a way in which to collect this tax as part of your fees, I ask my guests upon departure, to please leave 11% of their room charge, either by cash or check, in order to pay this tax to the city of Santa Cruz. I apologize ahead for the inconvenience. Thank you!
• We live in a tranquil residential neighborhood. There is NO SMOKING, no lighting candles, & no guests other than those approved to stay in the room. Please arrive and leave happily... and respectfully.
• Though we love animals, there are no exceptions to my policy of "no pets".
• Please... no cologne, scented after-shave, scented oils.
• NOTE: there is a $20 set-up fee for the extra bed, plus $10/night after the first 2 nights.
From Dec 20 - 24, 2015 the minimum stay is 5 nights.
About the Host, Noreen
I'm 60+, married, and have 3 adult daughters. My passions are walking, studying Italian language, my family, and traveling... especially to explore Italy. I live by the "Golden Rule" which has worked out well so far.