About This Listing
Right on the top, this penthouse style, double floored apartment has a very spacious and light livingroom, 2 bedrooms, and a luxury bathroom. Great views of the Westertowel and located in a quiet side street in the middle of the Jordaan. Fits 4-6 .
Fantastic location in the heart of Amsterdam’s famous Jordaan district, this contemporary Apartment sleeps 4-6 guests in complete style and luxury.
This two bedroom residence is located on the 3rd and 4th floor in a quintessential Dutch street, ideally suited to both business and leisure travellers due to its centrality and style. The living area is open, very spacious, and extremely light. Two modern sofas and one can be converted into a sleeping spot for two, should you wish to accommodate six. At the opposite end of the room you will find an elegant dining table and a fully fitted kitchen, with high quality amenities. Residing on the upper level, both bedrooms employ charismatic decor and enjoy a soothing, peaceful ambience. There are two double beds in total and ample storage space for your personal items. The chic and charming bathroom contains a toilet, shower and bathtub. Bonus is the flatrooftop with spectacular views. Please be aware that the stairs are steep (typical Amsterdam stairs).
• Most perfect location, in the middle of the Jordaan
• Spacious 120 square meters (1291 SQ FT) very light, classy apartment
• Great views of the Westerchurch
• Beautiful, stylish bathroom with shower, sink, toilet and bathtub
• Separate toilet
• 2 fantastic wooden beams styled bedrooms
• Kitchen is open and fully equiped
• Nice wooden floors
• Spacious living area
• Free Wi-fi
• Privileged position in the historical core of the desirable Jordaan district, enclosed by stunning 17th century architecture and picturesque canals.
• Access to and from Schiphol in 30 minutes by train or taxi
• Amsterdam Central Train Station is 7 minutes by tram (tram 13 and 17, stop at Westermarkt) or 20 minutes by feet
• Everywhere you want to go in walking distance! Walking distance to Westermarkt and Westerchurch (3 minutes), to Anne Frank house (5 minutes), to Dam Square with the Royal Palace, Madame Tussauds and the Red Light District (10 minutes), to the nicest shopping area 'the 9 streets' (5 minutes), to the Leidseplein (10 minutes) and much much more!
• Nice markets, boutique shops, supermarkets and many nice bars and restaurants just around the corner
Other Things to Note
> 6 days stays = 10% discount
Babies and small kids are free of charge in case they use a baby cot or stay in bed with parents.
Minimum stay = 3 days.
Sometimes we allow 2 days (e.g. last minute, between bookings, off-season), Please check!
In short we like you to enjoy yourself and treat everything (and everyone) around you with respect.
- We guarantee a clean house when you check-in. To avoid double cleaning charges, please leave the house behind close to how you found it (so put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, put the furniture back and throw your trash away please).
- Late check in: After 6 pm, we charge € 50 extra.
- We will provide two sets of keys. If you loose a set/take a set we charge €100,- for replacing the lock and making new key cuts.
- You may NOT smoke inside the house. No drugs.
- Please turn off all lights, heating and power when leaving the house.
- Please be kind to the neighbors (so keep the noise down after 11 pm).
- Please note that a big mess, parties, smoking inside, and/or drugs around the house result in a no-refund of the deposit.
Our stay at Sharons apartment was great! The apartment is just like it is in the pictures, it was very clean and tidy and had the necesseary utilities for cooking. It is in a perfect location, just 3mins from the Anne Frank, 10min frkm the wax museum, 20mins to Vondel Park. Many great shops for shopping are around. Sharon was very welcoming, gave us 2 sets of keys, we had no problems meeting up. I would definetaly stay here again with a group of friends if i come back :)
O apartamento da Sharon é excelente. Muita luz natural e bastante confortável. Viajamos com um bebê de um ano e nos foi disponibilizado um berço e cadeirinha alta para a alimentação. A anfitriã é muito agradável e nos recebeu no apartamento com uma garrafa de vinho branco, o qual, infelizmente, não tivemos oportunidade de degustar. A localização do apartamento é perfeita, no meio do bairro Jordaan, muito próximo da casa de Anne (website hidden) certeza recomendamos este apartamento, que, por ser amplo, acomoda muito bem até 6 adultos.
A única observação que deve ser feita é que, como a maioria dos apartamentos em Amsterdã, os lances de escadas até o apartamento são estreitos e íngremes, o que, para quem está com muita bagagem, o que foi o nosso caso, é um pouquinho complicado.
Parabéns Sharon por nos proporcionar uma estadia inesquecível!
We loved the apartment in Amsterdam. Couldn't have asked for a better location and made such a great experience as part of our trip. Truly appreciated all the area recommendations. Everything about the apartment was perfect, clean and organized and would definitely recommend it to others (and stay again if we come back to Amsterdam)!thank you!
Lovely spacious apartment in a great location - wonderful neighbourhood surrounding it. Sharon was the perfect host & we loved the guide she had prepared which showed restaurants, cafes and shops they would recommend.
Sharon made us feel very welcome - she couldn't meet us personally as we were late but made a lot of effort to make sure a cleaner was there to greet us - and offered to book a taxi when we were leaving. The apartment looks exactly as described and pictured. From the photos you do not get a sense of how great the location is. You are 10 minutes from everywhere and we couldn't have asked for a better place for our trip.
This host has 249 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Sharon
I am Sharon from Amsterdam. Together with my husband, I have a design studio and art gallery.
Next door to our studio / gallery we have 2 very nice apartments to rent out. Besides the great location, it's really unique because of the fantastic light and space. You don't see this often on ground floor apartments (especially not in Amsterdam!). I'd be very happy if we could make better use of this superb space and if more people could enjoy it too.
And to be honest, I discovered I just LOVE hosting! Currently i am working on integrating the art gallery with the apartments and make it my full time job. I love it because i meet so many nice people of around the world and everybody is so happy and relaxed (because away from home I guess ;-)). It's so rewarding to go that extra milage and make people even more happy.
I am very easy to reach and close by; our design studio is in the same building as the apartments and I live 2 blocks away. For more than 12 years we have been living in this neighborhood. We have 3 children and they love this area too, because it's a safe friendly ambience ('gezellig') and yet so close to all the (other) hot & cool places of Amsterdam!
I think Amsterdam is a perfect place to stroll around and 'get lost' in, but since I know the neighborhood well, i'd be more than happy to give some nice inside tips of great restaurants, bars and shops.
Just 5 minutes by bike, you find our other 2 apartments, 2 duplex apartments above each other in the middle of the Jordaan. Great location, nicely styled and very bright. a perfect place for a short holiday break.
My life motto is: "whatever you do, do it with love, or don't do it at all".
We love to create and make beautiful & good things happen. We love to eat good food with a nice glass of wine (at home or out), especially with good friends. We like traveling and have been to many places with (and without) our kids, but yet many more to explore!
I look forward to meet you!