We are having a 50% off rental special for this luxurious house for the month of December. This house features a heated pool and hottub so it's perfect for Texas winter vacationing! I will adjust the price for you when you send an inquiry!
If you are looking to stay in one of the classiest homes in Central Austin, this is your best bet. This is a 4,000 square foot home with 3 stories and cool outdoor patios. It is stocked full of all of the luxury-style amenities you can dream of. The kitchen is decked out with top of the line appliances, the rooms boast tons of natural light and super comfy beds, and the house is beautiful and spacious. The basement apartment is a refuge from the main house and can be a nice space for some privacy. The backyard has a beautiful pool with an infinity hot tub attached to the pool so you can cool off and then get hot, cool off, get hot, repeat, etc. This amazing home is tucked away on a quiet street and has a sweet swanky modern look.
The house is located near the corner of Peach Tree and Bluebonnet in the heart of the 78704 district which is known as the coolest neighborhood in Austin. It's creative and serene, but just a quick walk or bike ride away from everything that Austin has to offer - Barton Springs, restaurant row on Barton Springs Blvd., the thriving South Lamar district and tons of great eats, cafes and boutiques. In about a 5 minute car ride, you can be right in the heart of downtown. We are a quick walk to Town Lake for biking and jogging, and we're right next door to several bus stops that can take you to wherever you want to go in other areas of Austin.
This is NOT a party house. We do not allow bachelor parties here. We are tucked away in a quiet neighborhood and we are not able to accommodate groups whose main intention is to have loud celebrations. We prefer family groups or groups of friends or colleagues who are coming to Austin and plan to enjoy our city responsibly and enjoy our house respectfully and calmly.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the house or in front of the house or on the front patio. Guests may use the backyard to smoke. Please dispose of all cigarette butts.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The house is privately owned; the owners, nor property managers, are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners, nor Property Managers, are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
PARKING – Parking is limited to 4 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Two vehicles may be parked in the driveway and two directly in front of the house. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house.
9. Hot Tub: No children under the age of 18 permitted in hot tubs at any time. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk.
10. Pool: Swim at your own risk. The Homeowner, nor Property Manager assume responsibility for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while using the pool.
1. No lifeguard on duty. Swim at your own risk.
2. Children are allowed to swim or play in the pool only when adults are present. Please maintain constant supervision over children.
3. No pets in the pool.
4. Walk slowly in the pool area. No roughhousing, dunking, pushing, or wrestling.
5. Keep the area clear of clutter, debris and toys.
6. No swimming at night, in rainy weather, or in thunderstorms.
7. No eating, drinking or chewing gum while in the pool.
8. No glass near the pool/water area.
9. Keep gates to the pool area closed and locked at all times.
10. Pool covers should be completely removed prior to pool use.
Sunday through Thursday – 8am to 9pm
Friday and Saturday – 8am to 10pm
11. Fireplace: Please do not throw anything or any materials in the fireplace.
12. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Lap of Luxury house in Austin. The house was well appointed, spacious, very clean and relaxing. There are plenty of beds, bathrooms, showers and amenities for a large group. The linens were very nice, every bed was cozy. We had 8 people and everyone was comfy. Moya was very sweet and met the first guest and went over everything in detail. We didn't use the pool because it was cool out, but it looked fun. There was plenty of room for parking, including the garage. There is a nice market right near the house to get things for the fridge. Overall, it was a great place to reconnect with old friends and relax and enjoy Austin. We found Zilker park to be close enough to everything we wanted to do and Uber had no problem finding us when we needed to go out. Thanks Moya for a great weekend place to stay!
Moya answered all of our questions promptly and was helpful in providing information about all of the homes' features to make sure we knew how everything worked. (You should expect to meet her in person when you arrive, not to have keys left behind for you to let yourself in.) I was there as part of a group of 8 friends for a quiet weekend of cooking and catching up. The neighborhood is definitely quiet. Even though we weren't partying or up to anything crazy, we felt pretty self conscious about making any noise outdoors, even just a group conversation. So just keep that in mind. The house is very modern and clean. Tons of nice beds and plenty of room to spread out which was nice. The kitchen was equipped with all the basics in terms of plates, dishes, utensils, bowls, etc., which was good because we did a lot of cooking. But don't expect to find a stocked pantry with spices and such that you can draw from (not a complaint at all, just an FYI.) All in all it suited us well. The hot tub was nice (I would say it comfortably fits 4 but you can squeeze a couple more in if you don't mind being cozy). If you are excited about the heated pool, be sure to ask whether that's included in the rate you are paying or if heating the pool will cost extra. In our case, it was extra, which I didn't realize when I made the reservation. Perhaps that was in the fine print, though...
We stayed here with 12 friends for NYE and we are so glad we chose this over a hotel. The house is huge! Lots of rooms, beds and space. The bunk beds in the basement are not very comfortable, but it was nice to have the extra space downstairs. As someone mentioned, all the showers are on the 3rd floor and connected to the bedrooms. It wasn't a big deal for our group but something to keep in mind. The location is good, just a short cab to downtown and walkable to some stuff. Moya was always available via text with any questions we had which was much appreciated. I'd definitely stay here again (hopefully when its warm enough to use the pool next time)!
The house was very nice and very modern. The layout of the house worked perfectly for large or small groups. The owner met us at the house to walk us through how things work and where things are. The only thing I would warn people about is the extra charges. Yes it does have pool, but it cost $250 to heat it if you would like to use it. The forms ask for a $500 cash deposit just incase the neighbors complain for any reason. Also, we wished there was at least 1 TV upstairs. Location is great. Easy to walk 10 minutes to a lot of different restaurants.
Moya was a great host. She greeted us when we arrived and went over the important items on staying in the house and didn't stress the smaller items. Clearly, it's a house that is for a lot people so the activity level and use of the space is going to be high. She highlighted the rules on noise and the pool which affect the neighbors and not on little things so I appreciate that. The house was very modern and huge which worked out great for a group of 11 adults and 3 toddlers. Even though it was so modern and had a lot of sharp edges, it was fine for the kids. It was a very beautiful house and living space inside and outside and located in a great part of town. We were able to walk to Zilker park and to drive to groceries and good restaurants that were less than 10 mins away. I would recommend staying here for future visitors.
The reservation was canceled 171 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Moya was so friendly, flexible, and gracious. The house was spotless and very comfortable. All my guests has a incredible time. I will definitely rent this again next time i have a large group of friends/family coming to Austin.
This host has 25 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I am an all around nice person! I have three kiddos. I started (with a whole crew of fantastic people) an amazing school in Austin about 12 years ago. It is now one of the best schools in Austin so I am super proud. I now run a community arts center in South Austin and manage a few properties. Life is pretty good in my world....full of art, fun, kids, great businesses, and tons of inspiring Austin experiences.