About This Listing
Location! Location! Location! You will love this charming vintage Cottage located in historic Old Town Tacoma.
The Living Room harbors couch/queen-size sofa bed, cozy fireplace, 40” HD plasma TV, Wi-Fi Internet and DVD Player, and a Sleeping loft with double bed. The Kitchen is fully equipped featuring new S/S appliances, granite countertop. Bath boasts of newly constructed tile shower, and custom vanity.
Entire space recently renovated with a spunky nautical flair and freshly painted using a mix of classic and trendy modern colors.
Nightly rate of $350 with a minimum stay of 4-nights.
Great location near Tacoma's beautiful waterfront and Ruston Way. Starbucks is just one block away, and there are great restaurants and shops conveniently located nearby! Enjoy an evening at The Spar, Tacoma’s oldest saloon. Walk Ruston Way waterfront to take in Commencement Bay and magnificent views of Mt. Rainier. Close to everything cool in Tacoma and just a 40 minute drive to Downtown Seattle.
Perfect for one person or couple. We currently require a 3 night minimum stay - Please view our CALENDAR for nightly rates as they do vary. Private parking for one car. No pets. 100% non-smoking home.
Interaction with Guests
The Cottage is a private dwelling located in the alley behind the primary house on the property. The main house is leased to another family and there is little-to-no interaction between tenants. We live about a mile-and-a-half away and are available should any problems arrise during occupancy.
Pierce Transit operates along N. McCarver and N 30th streets.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed in the cottage. Smoking is permitted outside, front of Cottage only, an ash tray is provided.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not accountable for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to the property.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended purpose. Please notify Owner immediately of any faulty operations of appliances, plumbing, sofa bed, etc.
Please feel free to ask for assistance should you have any questions or concerns; we're happy to help!
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Parking: Guest will have use of driveway beside Cottage.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Please do not remove towels or linens from the Cottage.
9. Water and Sewer: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime.
10. At check out please leave the Cottage in same condition as when you arrived. Dishes cleaned and put away; keys should be returned to the Lock Box. PLEASE REMEMBER TO TURN OFF THE HEATER BEFORE YOUR DEPARTURE. Owner will be responsible for cleaning of linens and towels.
Thank you for choosing our Cottage for your visit in Tacoma. We hope that you have a pleasant stay!
I stayed at Bruce and Amy's cottage for a month while in Tacoma for work and I was so glad to have found it! The cottage was super comfortable, homey, and clean with a well equipped kitchen and a GREAT location! Staying here you are walking distance to Starbucks and some fun bars/restaurants, not to mention the water. I found this to be the perfect home base from which to explore Tacoma (a great city!). Staying in the neighborhood was peaceful and quiet and I loved it. I interacted with (I think) Amy a few times and she was more than helpful and super prompt in all replies. I would definitely recommend this spot and I hope to get a chance to come back sometime!
We loved staying in the Old Town Cottage. It is in a great location and is very clean. The kitchen has everything that you need but the toaster is tricky - we couldn't get it to work so we just used the oven. Also, for the heater, there are two locations - you can use the electric fireplace but there is also a wall unit to the right after you walk in. I recommend the wall unit if it is cold - it warms the place up very quickly.
There's a great coffee/beer/wine bar a block away called Treos and they have live jazz music on the weekends. I would definitely stay here again!
excellent.也许房主是第一次接待中国人，一切都那么美好!感谢Bruce&Amy.我们入住是晚上了，多亏他们的提醒很容易找到入住了。屋内设施简直太多了，很温馨很实用，离我们要去的Annie wright school很近，附近生活设施很多，离大海步行5分钟。网速超快。厨房很好用，菜板的位置很奇特
This host has 45 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Bruce & Amy
We have a shared passion for renovating historic homes. This 1889 historic guest cottage in Old Town is truly one of a kind and completley renovated. We are certain you will enjoy the Cottage and all the area has to offer.
Nice park and sight of Job Carr cabin where the history of Tacoma and Seattle begin.2802 N Carr St Tacoma WA 98407
Great food and live music on the weekends.2950-2998 Mccarver St Tacoma WA 98403
Walk to coffee!2210 N 30th St Tacoma WA 98403
Great paved trail and parks for walking or biking. Restuarants include Dukes, The Ram, The Lobster Shop. Best seafood in the area and dine right on the water!2201 Ruston Way Tacoma WA 98402
Great shops and restaurants and Farmers Market on Saturdays2701 N Proctor St Ruston WA 98407
Great park and zoo with whales! Five Mile Drive has magnificent views.5400 N Pearl St Ruston WA 98407