About this listing
Location! Location! Location! You will love this charming vintage Cottage located in historic Old Town Tacoma.
The Living Room harbors couch/queen-size sofa bed, cozy fireplace, 40” HD plasma TV, Wi-Fi Internet and DVD Player, and a Sleeping loft with double bed. The Kitchen is fully equipped featuring new S/S appliances, granite countertop. Bath boasts of newly constructed tile shower, and custom vanity.
Entire space recently renovated with a spunky nautical flair and freshly painted using a mix of classic and trendy modern colors.
Great location near Tacoma's beautiful waterfront and Ruston Way. Starbucks is just one block away, and there are great restaurants and shops conveniently located nearby! Enjoy an evening at The Spar, Tacoma’s oldest saloon. Walk Ruston Way waterfront to take in Commencement Bay and magnificent views of Mt. Rainier. Close to everything cool in Tacoma and just a 40 minute drive to Downtown Seattle.
Perfect for one person or couple. We currently require a 3 night minimum stay - Please view our CALENDAR for nightly rates as they do vary. Private parking for one car. No pets. 100% non-smoking home.
Interaction with Guests
The Cottage is a private dwelling located in the alley behind the primary house on the property. The main house is leased to another family and there is little-to-no interaction between tenants. We live about a mile-and-a-half away and are available should any problems arrise during occupancy.
Pierce Transit operates along N. McCarver and N 30th streets.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed in the cottage. Smoking is permitted outside, front of Cottage only, an ash tray is provided.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not accountable for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to the property.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended purpose. Please notify Owner immediately of any faulty operations of appliances, plumbing, sofa bed, etc.
Please feel free to ask for assistance should you have any questions or concerns; we're happy to help!
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Parking: Guest will have use of driveway beside Cottage.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Please do not remove towels or linens from the Cottage.
9. Water and Sewer: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime.
10. At check out please leave the Cottage in same condition as when you arrived. Dishes cleaned and put away; keys should be returned to the Lock Box. PLEASE REMEMBER TO TURN OFF THE HEATER BEFORE YOUR DEPARTURE. Owner will be responsible for cleaning of linens and towels.
Thank you for choosing our Cottage for your visit in Tacoma. We hope that you have a pleasant stay!
Bruce & Amy,
Your Old Town Cottage was just like pictured on the Airbnb site. It was a lovely location, so near Old Town shops, restaurants and parks. Enjoyed most of them!!!
We loved the loft sleeping and found the cottage very comfortable with the ceiling fan and window breezes. Guess we hit a beautiful stretch of weather for our kids wedding and couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay. The bay view from the kitchen window, afforded glimpses of the parasails on the bay.
Directions to the cottage and instructions for the key were very straight forward. Loved that there was off street parking.
Thanks again for being our host and tell the neighborhood Harbor Seal Hi for us. We loved seeing it's cute little "pumpkin head" every morning on the our walk by the bay.
Bruce and Amy's place was adorable. They were thoughtful enough to have the doors and windows open, letting in a nice ocean breeze when we arrived (it was a very hot week). We loved the little loft bedroom (though anyone with knee or joint problems would have trouble with the ladder). When we had a couple of questions they responded to emails within the hour. The location was pretty and quiet and within walking distance to the waterfront with lots of restaurant choices. We enjoyed our stay very much.
Amy was a sweet host. The place was cute and seemed a perfect romantic get-away for a younger couple. We were a little intimidated by the ladder to the loft, but we made it up and down just fine!
From the beginning, our hosts were helpful, responsive and friendly. Instructions were clear and the rate was excellent for what we experienced.
The cottage is bigger than the pictures appear and was immaculate. They had everything one could need to cook in and to be comfortable. The loft space was unusual but quite comfortable and we slept soundly with the fan on and windows open with the bay breeze coming in.
This neighborhood is awesome and we will definitely be returning here. Walking distance to some great restaurants and even found a concert in the park on a sunny afternoon.
Thanks, Bruce and Amy for the great experience!
Neighborhood was beautiful and the home was exactly as described! Location was amazing and the cottage has all amenities needed. Great stay for my week away! Would definitely stay here again!
I recently stayed at Amy & Bruce's cottage for just under a week and it was as beautiful as the photos portray! Very clean, comfortable, safe and fantastic location! All the amenities were fantastic and the hosts were very easy to communicate with. Amy & Bruce have obviously put in a lot of time, thought and love into "The Cottage" and it truly felt like home. I will definitely stay there the next time I'm in Tacoma!
I stayed at Bruce and Amy's cottage for a month while in Tacoma for work and I was so glad to have found it! The cottage was super comfortable, homey, and clean with a well equipped kitchen and a GREAT location! Staying here you are walking distance to Starbucks and some fun bars/restaurants, not to mention the water. I found this to be the perfect home base from which to explore Tacoma (a great city!). Staying in the neighborhood was peaceful and quiet and I loved it. I interacted with (I think) Amy a few times and she was more than helpful and super prompt in all replies. I would definitely recommend this spot and I hope to get a chance to come back sometime!
This host has 54 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Bruce & Amy
We have a shared passion for renovating homes.
Our Cottage has the modern ammenities with a touch of the Old World charm, decorated with a splash of fun and lively colors to brighten the dim greys that often fill our days in Washington state.
The Loft is decorated with that same flare of warm and inviting colors that welcome and revive the weary traveler.