About this listing
Our Guests love the bright playful décor, the convenient location and easy 24-hour Check-in.
Location! Location! Location! You will love this charming vintage Cottage located in historic Old Town Tacoma.
The fine print...
We offer a full-size bed in an elevated loft -
*PLEASE NOTE: TO ACCESS THE LOFT / BED, YOU WILL NEED TO BE ABLE TO CLIMB A STEEP LADDER.
NOTE: The Cottage is VERY SMALL, the photos here make it appear larger than it really is.
As we have family that stays with us throughout the year, we DO NOT offer long term accommodations.
Now for the good stuff...
The Living Room harbors a sofa, cozy fireplace, 40" HD plasma TV, DVD player and free Wi-Fi Internet. Also Netflix is now available via our cable provider, Comcast X1 Platform.
The Kitchen is stocked with housewares including a drip coffee maker and features new S/S appliances, and granite-tile countertop.
Bath boasts of newly constructed tile shower, and custom vanity. Shampoo, conditioner, body wash and hair dryer also provided.
Entire space recently renovated with a spunky nautical flair and freshly painted using a mix of classic and trendy modern colors.
Perfect for one person or couple. We currently require a 3 night minimum stay - Please view our CALENDAR for nightly rates as they do vary per season.
The Cottage is fully equipped with every day necessities, housewares including pots and pans, coffee maker, iron with ironing board.
Designated driveway parking for one car. No Pets. 100% Non-smoking residence.
The entire space is available for use, with the exception of the back balcony: the main house is leased to a family and the balcony overlooks their yard, so we ask that our Guests respect their privacy by not loitering/congregating there. You may open the door for a cross breeze.
There is a small yard in the front of the Cottage, and during the summer months is equipped with two comfy lawn chairs a small side table, for our Guests to enjoy.
Interaction with guests
The Cottage is a private dwelling located in the alley behind the primary house on the property. The main house is leased to another family and there is little-to-no interaction between tenants.
We may spend time on the property doing small chores/maintenance and yard work.
We live about a mile-and-a-half away and are available should any problems arise during occupancy.
Great location near Tacoma's beautiful waterfront and Ruston Way. Starbucks is just one block away, and there are great restaurants and shops conveniently located nearby! Enjoy an evening at The Spar, Tacoma's oldest saloon. Walk Ruston Way waterfront to take in Commencement Bay and magnificent views of Mt. Rainier. Close to everything cool in Tacoma.
Check out Tacoma's newest addition- Point Ruston! a waterfront resort-inspired village. There is the Century Point Ruston luxury-seating theatre, restaurants that include WildFin American Grill, Mio Sushi, TwoTown Pub & Cafe and Dolci Si Sicilian Bakery just to name a few, and there's more coming!
Pierce Transit operates along N. McCarver and N 30th streets.
Other things to note
GUEST INSTRUCTIONS and REMINDERS
FIREPLACE and/or WALL HEATER
Please DO NOT run both appliances at the same time; this will result in blowing the fuse(s).
Remember to TURN OFF the HEATER(s) on your departure.
Please keep Streaming (You Tube, Netflix, etc.) to a minimum – our carrier will charge an additional monthly fee if it exceeds the original plan…
Please DO NOT strip linens from bed(s) as it is easier for us to see and treat stains. To aid in mold prevention, leave used towels hanging on hooks so they may dry; often we don’t get in to clean right away(URL HIDDEN)DISHES..
Please wash your dishes and silverware before your departure; this includes pots/pans and skillets. There is a dish drainer and drying mat in the base cabinet to the left of the sink.
*Your assistance in keeping the Cottage clean reduces the cost of maintenance and utilities so we may continue to offer the Cottage at this affordable rate.
Upon Check-out please RETURN KEY TO LOCKBOX.
Garbage is collected every Friday, usually between 8:00 am - 11:00, so we set out bins on either side of the driveway for collection. There is typically enough room to enter/exit for small and standard size vehicles.
We also have landscaping service that shows once a week in the Spring/Summer seasons; they generally show on Wednesday or Thursday around 11:00am.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed in the Cottage. Smoking is permitted outside, front of Cottage only, an ash tray is provided.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not accountable for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to the property.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended purpose. Please notify Owner immediately of any faulty operations of appliances, plumbing, etc.
Please feel free to ask for assistance should you have any questions or concerns; we're happy to help!
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Parking: Guest will have use of driveway beside Cottage.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Please do not remove towels or linens from the Cottage.
9. Water and Sewer: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime.
10. At check out please leave the Cottage in same condition as when you arrived. Dishes cleaned and put away; keys should be returned to the Lock Box. PLEASE REMEMBER TO TURN OFF THE HEATER BEFORE YOUR DEPARTURE. Owner will be responsible for cleaning of linens and towels.
Thank you for choosing our Cottage for your visit in Tacoma. We hope that you have a pleasant stay!
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 89 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We have a shared passion for renovating homes.
Our Cottage has the modern ammenities with a touch of the Old World charm, decorated with a splash of fun and lively colors to brighten the dim greys that often fill our days in Washington state.
The Loft is decorated with that same flare of warm and inviting colors that welcome and revive the weary traveler.