NOTICE: Kindly verify yourself with photo and via Airbnb verification first before messaging me. Thank you.
Come on over! This beautiful 1 bedroom apartment is located in the heart of Cobble Hill. It is perfect for a single or a couple staying for a few days, a week, or a couple of weeks. The apartment is situated on the lively Court Street, steps away from the great restaurant row of Smith Street and the little beautiful Cobble Hill Park. With easy access to the F/G (Bergen & Smith), A/C, 4/5, 2/3, and R trains (short blocks away), Manhattan is practically around the corner!
*the APARTMENT details
- 2 flights up
- Clean with wooden floor
- Sunny bedroom with a full (not twin, queen nor king) bed and large closet
- Windowed kitchen with a nice handful of cooking equipments (no microwave, though)
- Sizable living room alongside a dining table
- Flat TV with cable and a DVD library
- Wi-Fi available
- Radiant, full bath
- Clean towels and linens
When you are in my apartment, please feel free to make yourself at home.
Interaction with Guests
You will have the place entirely to yourself.
- Food markets: Trader Joe's, Pacific Green, Union Market, Park Natural & Organic Food, Whole Foods Market (20 mins walk)
- Bread & pastry shops: Damascus (spicy hummus!), Bien Cuit (bread, bread!), Ted & Honey (pulled pork BBQ sandwich!)
- Restaurants: Too many to list - I will be more than happy to recommend based on your favorite cuisine(s) - not limited to the vicinity of Cobble Hill but Carroll Gardens and Red Hook!
- Tea/coffee shops: Van Leeuwen, Bien Cuit, Kondoriti, Blue Bottle, Cafe Pedlar, Two For the Pot, Starbucks
- Ice cream/frozen yogurt: Van Leeuwen, Red Mango, Ample Hills Creamery, Blue Marble Ice Cream
- Bookstore: BookCourt (lovely local bookstore)
- Drugstore/Pharmacy: Rite-Aid (24 hours), CVS (open late)
- Movie theatre: Cobble Hill Cinemas
- Bagel: Court Street Bagel
- The little grocery shop that never sleeps: Dreams Gourmet (very close)
- Tons of mom and pop shops
- Shopping: Urban Outfitters, Barneys Co-Op, Brooklyn Industries
- Countless antique/vintage shops (on Atlantic Ave and about Cobble Hill and Carroll Gardens)
- Laundromat: Super Laundromat (drop-off service and self-service -- just down the block)
With easy access to the F/G (Bergen & Smith), A/C, 4/5, 2/3, and R trains (short blocks away), Manhattan is practically around the corner! Many great areas including Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO are walkable in 15-30 minutes!
*the TRANSPORTATION details
- F/G (Smith & Bergen Street) , A/C (Jay Street), 2/3, 4/5, and R train (Borough Hall - minutes away!)
- F train to Coney Island, Brooklyn (30 minutes)
- G train to Williamsburg, Greenpoint, and Bushwick, Brooklyn (approximately 15 to 25 minutes)
- B61 bus (on Atlantic Ave) to Red Hook, Brooklyn (15 minutes - many parts of the area are being rebuilt after Hurricane Sandy)
- Taxi cabs can be easily found on Clinton Street (one block away) or Atlantic Avenue.
- Absolutely no smoking
- No pets
- No parties
- No guests
- Yes respect & peace
Passport or driver's license needed upon arrival
Check-in time is at 2pm. Check-out is flexible.
Please be respectful of neighbors and home.
If you have any questions or concerns, I'll do my best to answer promptly. Thank you for visiting here. May Cobble Hill be your next favorite destination...
We loved Darren's apartment. It was a really relaxing, comfortable space and had everything we needed and more during our stay. The neighbourhood is great, with loads of great places to eat and shop, and the apartment is really close to good transport links into Manhattan and around. Darren was very welcoming. Would strongly recommend!
Darren has a wonderful apartment in an ideal location in Cobble Hill. Convenient to most major train lines and all the amenities one could want in a Brooklyn neighborhood (food, shopping, etc.). The real thing that sets Darren apart is his graciousness as a host. Wonderful communication, thorough guides, everything clean and set up for easy guest use. He was fabulous about accommodating our late-night check-in, always one step ahead of me in terms of communications, and he even, on the fly, allowed us a later check-out when my boyfriend got sick. You want to stay at Darren's place, because he wants you there, and he makes that very clear.
Had a great experience in New York with the comfort of Darren's apartment in Brooklyn. His place was lovely and Darren was flexible to meet us at 17:00 and the same time when we left...
He left us orange juice,milk etc and made us feel welcome to feel at home. He left a pack with useful information on where to eat and places to see together with maps. We used taxis and underground which were all very accessible.
Yes its true there was some noises the heater clunked and hissed but i hear this can be common in New York. I slept with ear plugs on the first night but got used to it after...it was quiet street at night but could be noisey if you slept in due to snow ploughs and city noise.
We stayed in middle of february very cold weather the apartment was warm.
We were very happy with the apartment and would stay there again!
Terrific Brooklyn apartment for a nightly rate that cannot be beat for its convenient location. Big, spacious bedroom with a very comfortable bed, and the well-equipped kitchen was handy for saving a few dollars on meals. Darren graciously agreed to meet me after 10:00 PM because I had a late flight, and the directions and instructions for the stay were very clear. Darren also included many recommendations for nearby restaurants and businesses. You could have a great Brooklyn experience by simply walking everywhere from this location. My favorite locale was the new Brooklyn Bridge Park, which is a twenty minute walk away!
I had such an amazing stay I had to extend! Again a clean and beautiful space in one of my favorite neighborhoods!
This was one of my favorite stays in NY! I actually used to live in the neighborhood and it was still such a new and enjoyable experience staying in Darren's beautiful apartment. I hope to stay again!
Darren's apartment was perfect. We stayed for 8 nights over Easter and had a fantastic time. The apartment was larger than we expected, extremely clean and in an excellent location. Brooklyn is a great place to explore with plenty of restaurants, bars and shops, the subway is very close and it is easy to walk to Manhattan over the Brooklyn Bridge. Darren welcomed us upon arrival and everything was prepared for us including a detailed guide to the area. Prior to arrival he was easy to contact and always replied promptly to any queries. We would definitely recommend Darren's apartment and if we are lucky enough to visit NYC again we would love to stay there.
Greetings! I live for New York but happen to love traveling. I also enjoy studying films, reading eccentric stuff, getting lost in art museums, and cooking with family and friends. What inspires me lately is meeting wonderful Airbnb guests and hosts. My hope is to open a happy, comfortable and peaceful place one day-- a bed & breakfast inn.
In a gentle way, you can shake the world.