About this listing
Welcome to 'The Captain's Quarters', a private home just a 1-minute walk to the beach, a 2-bedroom 100-year old beach cottage with modern amenities... wifi, HOT TUB, bbq, parking, laundry.. plus shops, restaurants, and markets just outside your door.
Tucked away in a lush garden property, a two-minute walk to the the beach, is this secluded complex of 4 bungalows built in the 1920's. This particular home, fondly referred to as 'The Captain's Quarter's' due to it's Sailing Theme, has 2 bedrooms (2 bunks and a single sleep 3 in one bedroom and a California king sized bed sleeps 2 in the master bedroom), dining area, a 52" flat screen in the living room with free premium cable and large & comfy sectional sofa, full kitchen, full bath, private patio overlooking the hot tub and garden, and reserved parking plus so much more... The property offers use of a washer & dryer, fire pit, BBQ, surf shower and a hot tub as well as tables and chairs throughout the gardens. The location is amazing, yet the home offers a quaint, private and tropical atmosphere.
You can walk to the Venice Pier in two minutes; there is great surf north & south side, as well as a few other rad breaks up & down the beach. If you aren't a surfer, there are still waves to romp in, lots of dolphins and sea life to watch, sun-rays to catch and great views off the pier in all directions. Stroll back to the bungalows after an long day of play, rinsing off in the outdoor surf shower in the garden, and hopping into the toasty hot tub at dusk under the canopy of leaves is just fantastic!
The Bungalows are located less that a block from Washington Boulevard, where you will find shops, restaurants, local markets, bars and rentals of all kinds... surfboards, bikes, paragliding and more. There is no shortage of fun activities in Venice Beach, that's for sure! Don't forget to stroll east, for after a 30 second walk you are at the south edge of the Venice Canals Historical District, filled with lots of beautiful homes, birds, bridges and boats, all around you as you explore this famous area! Unit is 794 sq. feet.
Your own private 2-bedroom home with private outdoor deck with seating plus use of the garden facilities including hot tub, bbq, firepit, surf shower, lounging and dining areas as well as free reserved parking and free laundry facilities.
Interaction with Guests
We live close by and can be on hand if needed, but generally our correspondence is only through email, texts, and sometimes phone calls when necessary. Let yourself in with the key code/lockbox instructions we provide; come and go at your own convenience. For guests that would like more interaction, we are more than happy to stop by, introduce ourselves, and answer questions about the space or the area when we are available, but in our experience most guests prefer to just have their own space.
The central location of these bungalows is unsurpassed, and the property is gated for privacy and safety. We gladly welcome pets with advanced notice and $50 pet fee, and the dense garden has always been a magical play-area for kids.
Loads of great available public transportation, as well as the proximity to the beach, make this home ideal for travelers without a car. The airport is only 6 miles away, about a $30 taxi ride, and we highly recommend Uber as the fast and easy way to travel in Los Angeles.
However, if you do opt for a car, there is a free reserved parking space for you to use :)
Other Things to Note
Although the bungalows are on the brink of becoming a centenarian structure, they offer today's conveniences such as all the premium cable channels on flat screens, and of course, wifi. We have always keep the bungalows stocked with a 'starter-kit' (first night stay) of paper goods and kitchen items such as coffee & seasonings plus towels for bath & beach, and fresh, fluffy pillows with cozy bedding on comfy beds :)
We have a 3-day minimum stay on most weekends, please message before requesting shorter stays.
Early Checkin & Late Checkout Requests:
We charge $50 for early checkin or late checkout requests, which can accommodate checkins as early as 2pm, and checkouts as late as 12:30pm. NOTE: these requests must be made AND approved prior to your checkin/checkout, and are not always available. Be sure to inquire early on, as accepted requests are based on first come first serve basis.
1. To preserve the peace and quiet that makes my home such relaxing and special place, as well as Venice Beach in general, I must inform you that the city of Venice has an Ordinance that states it is unlawful to make loud, unnecessary or unusual noise that disturbs the peace and quiet of any neighborhood. Anyone found to be violating noise ordinances via complaints from city officials, the neighbors, or other guests, will be subject to a minimum $250 fine and/or eviction without a refund.
2. NO additional guests/visitors permitted in the home or on the property at any time!!!!!!!!!!! Please submit a reservation/reservation request for the exact amount of guests.
3. Please do not submit any third-party reservations, they will not be honored.
4. Any damages or loss must be reported prior to checkout.
5. The home is 100% non-smoking.
6. The hot tub and garden close at 10pm NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!
7. Pets are welcome with PRE-APPROVAL via the Airbnb message thread and additional $50 cleaning fee, can not be left in the home unattended, and must be picked up after and leashed at all times on the property.
8. Quiet Time starts at 10pm, please be considerate of neighbors when you are coming and going from the home, and again, use of the central garden and hot tub is prohibited after 10pm.
9. Upon check-out, please leave all dishes/utensils/glassware washed, used towels in a pile, and garbage out to the receptacles near the garages.
10. Please park only in your assigned spot to insure you will not be towed.
11. Do not leave your car in the spot past 11am the day of checkout without permission to insure you will not be towed.
12. Any additional cleaning required (carpet steaming due to stains, pet-hair removal on furniture, repairs due to negligence), property missing or damaged, or a late check-out will result in a deduction of deposit.
13. Checkout is 11am
14.. Keys most be returned to avoid a charge for changing the locks.