Welcome to 'The Captain's Quarters', a short walk to the beach and Venice Pier. A 2-bedroom, 100-year old beach cottage w/ hot tub, bbq, parking, laundry, & wifi. One block to the Whaler & other restaurants, Venice Pier, boardwalk, + all the action!
Tucked away in a lush garden property, a two-minute walk to the the beach, is this secluded complex of 4 bungalows built in the 1920's. This particular home, fondly referred to as 'The Captain's Quarter's' due to it's Sailing Theme, has 2 bedrooms (2 bunks and a single bed sleep 3 in one bedroom; California king sized bed in master bedroom, sleeps 2), dining area, a 52" flat screen in the living room with large sectional sofa.
Full kitchen, full bath, small porch overlooking the hot tub and garden, and reserved parking plus so much more!
Featured Amenities on the Property:
- Hot tub
- Washer & dryer (free to use, laundry soap not included)
- BBQ grill
- Outdoor surf shower to rinse off beach sand.
- Picnic table and chairs throughout the gardens.
- 2 minutes walk to the Venice Pier and the beach!
- Around corner from Washington Square.
- Walking distance to restaurants, shops, markets, boardwalk, + more.
- Great surf north & south side.
- One block the south edge of the Venice Canals Historical District.
- Unit is 794 sq. feet.
- Your own private 2-bedroom home with outdoor deck/seating
- Use of the garden facilities including:
1. hot tub
2. bbq grill
3. surf shower to get the sand off from the beach
4. picnic table
5. hammock swing
- Free reserved parking space with your unit.
- Free laundry facilities (laundry detergent not provided).
Interaction with guests
We live close by and can be on hand if needed, but generally our correspondence is only through email, texts, and sometimes phone calls when necessary. Let yourself in with the key code/lockbox instructions we provide; come and go at your own convenience. For guests that would like more interaction, we are more than happy to stop by, introduce ourselves, and answer questions about the space or the area when we are available, but in our experience most guests prefer to just have their own space.
Other things to note
Our bungalows are a centenarian structure, so we are an old building. Good news is, that means we have character, and like a fine wine, we get better with age ;-). It you're looking for something brand new and modern, this is not your spot. If you are comfortable with an older structure, you'll feel happy nestled in our quarters.
Included with your bungalow:
- Premium cable channels on flat screens
- A 'starter-kit' (first night stay) of two rolls of toilet paper, and kitchen items
such as coffee & sugar, some seasonings.
- Bath towels and linens provided.
- We do have bikes for rent! $15/day. Request early to reserve; reservations made on first come first serve basis.
- We have a 3-day minimum stay on most weekends, please message before requesting shorter stays.
- We gladly welcome pets with advanced notice and $50 pet fee.
- Please allow at least 24 hours for repair requests to be fulfilled. We will do our best to accommodate any repairs or special requests within 24 hours of receipt of the request. Please note that sometimes weekends or holidays it may take longer.
- Sorry, we do not permit early checkin or late checkout requests.
1. To preserve the peace and quiet that makes my home such relaxing and special place, as well as Venice Beach in general, I must inform you that the city of Venice has an Ordinance that states it is unlawful to make loud, unnecessary or unusual noise that disturbs the peace and quiet of any neighborhood. Anyone found to be violating noise ordinances via complaints from city officials, the neighbors, or other guests, will be subject to a minimum $250 fine and/or eviction without a refund.
2. No additional guests/visitors permitted in the home or on the property at any time without written consent from your host. Please submit a reservation for the exact amount of guests staying on the property.
3. Any damages or loss must be reported prior to checkout.
4. NO smoking inside the home! We have ash trays outside so you are permitted so smoke outside, so long as there are no other guests close within the vicinity.
5. The hot tub and garden close at 10pm. No exceptions!
7. Quiet Time starts at 10pm, please be considerate of neighbors when you are coming and going from the home, and again, use of the central garden and hot tub is prohibited after 10pm.
8. Upon checkout at 11am:
- please leave all dishes/utensils/glassware washed next to the sink.
- used towels can be left in a pile
- please take garbage out to the receptacles near the parking area.
9. ONLY PARK IN YOUR ASSIGNED SPACE!!!! Or you may be towed or fined $100.
10. Do not leave your car in the spot past 11am ON THE DAY OF CHECKOUT, to insure you will not be towed.
11. Any additional cleaning required (carpet steaming due to stains, pet-hair removal on furniture, repairs due to negligence), property missing or damaged, or a late check-out will result in a deduction of deposit.
12. Keys must be returned at the end of reservation. WE CHARGE $30 FOR LOST KEYS/ KEY REPLACEMENT.
13. We charge $50 for pets, and pets MUST be cleaned up after and leashed at all times while in the courtyard. Pets MAY NOT be left alone in the courtyard.
14. Please allow at least 24 hours for repair requests to be fulfilled. We will do our best to accommodate any repairs or special requests within 24 hours of receipt of the request. Please note that sometimes weekends or holidays it may take longer.
15. Constant maintenance and attention are given the property to ensure cleanliness and that all is in good running order – but - things do break, like any household. We make immediate attempts to resolve but DO NOT give any refunds or compensation for temporary loss or use of any appliances, power losses, etc.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 1146 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi! I have lived in Venice and Marina del Rey for more than a decade. It's a wonderful area and it makes me happy to share this community with guests from all over the globe!!