About this listing
A perfect place to get away and relax in a large, sunny, beautiful, unique house in the sublime mountains of Southern Oregon. 25 minutes to Ashland, close to Mt. Ashland Ski Resort. (You may need snow chains/tires in winter, if there's snow/ice.)
Get away to a beautiful retreat in the magnificent Colestin Valley, just over the California border and just south of Ashland, Oregon. Come and relax in a comfortable house with great personality, an as-yet-undiscovered gem whose many windows look out onto mountains, trees, sky, birds, squirrels, families of deer, and often in the wintertime, snow. Revel in the quiet, cook some comfort food in the fully-stocked kitchen, take an invigorating hike, or just laze around in the king-size flotation bed, listen to records you haven't heard in decades, play the upright grand piano, perch in the window seat and read, read, read. (There's no wifi here!) 25 minutes up the hill to the Ashland Ski Resort, 25 minutes down the hill to the town of Ashland and its nationally-renown Shakespeare Festival. 3-story house accommodates 1-9. You'll want to come back for every season!
Price for a single or couple is $165/night, each additional person is $20 per night, up to 6 adults. Children under 12 are free.
Guests have access to The Tibetan Buddhist Temple and Statue Gardens. There is no wifi at the barnhouse. Heavy outdoor fire restrictions during Fire Season.
Interaction with guests
I live two parcels down and am available by phone or in person. I love meeting guests!
Other things to note
Hiking trails are abundant.
RENTAL AGREEMENTS FOR THE BADTASTE B-N-B (Barnhouse)
1. Renters agree to care for the Barnhouse as though it were their own, leaving it at least as clean as it was when they arrived.
2. Renters agree that children and/or dogs will be supervised AT ALL TIMES. Toddlers are NEVER to be left alone, because of stairways and decks.
3. Renters agree to notify the owner 24 hours in advance of any extra guests staying overnight. Otherwise a $50 fee per guest will be charged.
4. Renters agree to notify the manager in advance of any daytime guests numbering 6 or more, including children and/or pets.
5. Renters are responsible for their own well being and will not, under any circumstances, hold the manager/owner responsible for ANYTHING that transpires before, during, or after their stay.
6. Renters agree to observe all safety precautions pertaining to fire and to call the manager immediately should any questions arise. ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)) Summer fire restrictions prevail. Absolutely no outdoor fires of any kind are permitted. Smokers must smoke in their vehicle with the windows rolled up. These are rules for the entire Valley, set up by the Fire Chief, who is less than a quarter of a mile up the road. There is, of course, no smoking of any kind in the Barnhouse.
7. Renters understand that laundry facilities may be restricted by the manager should the water table drop unexpectedly. Laundry may be done by the manager on request at her premises a short distance from the Barnhouse.
8. Renters understand and agree that vehicles are to be parked in designated areas. Under no circumstances may they be driven around the Barnhouse or onto the grass.
9. All parties or events need to be preapproved by owner. Most will qualify but some will not.
10. Renters agree to conserve water during the dry seasons by flushing only when necessary and by limiting showers and/or baths to once a day.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
I live right down the road, so I'm available if you need advice or help with the ins and outs of country living, like building a fire in the wood stove, where the best hikes are, how to bake a prune cake, etc!