Get away to a beautiful retreat in the magnificent Colestin Valley, just over the California border and just south of Ashland, Oregon. Come and relax in a comfortable house with great personality, an as-yet-undiscovered gem whose many windows look out onto mountains, trees, sky, birds, squirrels, families of deer, and often in the wintertime, snow. Revel in the quiet, cook some comfort food in the fully-stocked kitchen, take an invigorating hike, or just laze around in the king-size flotation bed, listen to records you haven't heard in decades, play the upright grand piano, perch in the window seat and read, read, read. 25 minutes up the hill to the Ashland Ski Resort, 25 minutes down the hill to the town of Ashland and its nationally-renown Shakespeare Festival. 3-story house accommodates 1-9. You'll want to come back for every season!
Price for a single or couple is $135/night, each additional person is $20 per night, up to 6 adults. Children under 12 are free.
Guests have access to The Tibetan Buddhist Temple and Statue Gardens. There are no amenities
or areas shared. Heavy outdoor fire restrictions during Fire Season.
Interaction with Guests
I live two parcels down and am available by phone or in person. I love meeting guests, but will not
intrude unless invited.
I love the peaceful, quiet Nature setting and the
privacy afforded by the size of the 5 1/2 acre parcels.
There is no public transit.
Other Things to Note
Hiking trails are abundant.
RENTAL AGREEMENTS FOR THE BADTASTE B-N-B (Barnhouse)
1. Renters agree to care for the Barnhouse as though it were their own, leaving it at least as clean as it was when they arrived.
2. Renters agree that children and/or dogs will be supervised AT ALL TIMES. Toddlers are NEVER to be left alone, because of stairways and decks.
3. Renters agree to notify the manager 24 hours in advance of any extra guests staying overnight. Otherwise a $50 fee per guest will be charged.
4. Renters agree to notify the manager in advance of any daytime guests numbering 6 or more, including children and/or pets.
5. Renters are responsible for their own well being and will not, under any circumstances, hold the manager/owner responsible for ANYTHING that transpires before, during, or after their stay.
6. Renters agree to observe all safety precautions pertaining to fire and to call the manager immediately should any questions arise. (phone number hidden)) Summer fire restrictions prevail. Absolutely no outdoor fires of any kind are permitted. Smokers must smoke in their vehicle with the windows rolled up. These are rules for the entire Valley, set up by the Fire Chief, who is less than a quarter of a mile up the road. There is, of course, no smoking of any kind in the Barnhouse.
7. Renters understand that laundry facilities may be restricted by the manager should the water table drop unexpectedly. Laundry may be done by the manager on request at her premises a short distance from the Barnhouse.
8. Renters understand and agree that vehicles are to be parked in designated areas. Under no circumstances may they be driven around the Barnhouse or onto the grass.
9. A refundable cleaning deposit check is due at time of arrival. It is refundable upon inspection.
10. Renters agree to conserve water during the dry seasons by flushing only when necessary and by limiting showers and/or baths to once a day.
Mouna's place is absolutely amazing. Cozy, spacious, and full of character. Serene mountain surrounding and an abundance of windows to take in the views. So many charming details throughout the place. I really hope to be back here soon!
We had a lovley time at the Barnhouse! It was a peaceful and unique getaway. We felt the pictures and description were very accurate and represented the house well. The variety of books and records kept us entertained as did the peaceful outdoor space. We enjoyed meeting Mouna who was a kind and gracious host. We'd definitely come back for another visit.
There really are no words to describe just how special the Barnhouse is. It's a beautifully decorated, converted old barn filled with thriving plants and trinkets that speak of days past and so much light and love that you can't help but feel good here. Mouna's record collection will keep you rockin' while you make your meals, and the big burly wood stove will warm even the coldest of toes. The land is gorgeous, quiet and peaceful, and the abundance of stars at night is simply breathtaking. The Barnhouse is perfectly situated off the beaten path which allows you to genuinely slow down, take a step back and reacquaint yourself with the sweetness of the simple things in life. (But you're not so far out that you lose cell reception, for those who might get worried being completely disconnected). There are two full bathrooms with one boasting a lovely clawfoot tub that just begs you to take a bath - something I hadn't done in years. The kitchen is stocked with everything you'll need, and all of Mouna's little touches found throughout the house will make you forget you're just renting for a bit. The Barnhouse is truly unlike any place you've stayed before. And I haven't even touched on how special and delightful Mouna is. How nice it was to walk into a cozy house with a fire already warming the wood stove! And how thoughtful it was for her to stop by to show us a few tricks around the house as well as making sure we had everything we could possibly need. Mouna, the wisdom and kindness of your gentle soul is a glowing example of an absolute beautiful being. I'm so glad to have crossed paths and just can't wait to return. Thanks so much for sharing the beauty that is the Barnhouse and the radiant light shining from within your sweet self with the rest of the world. What a treasure you are!
Mouna greeted us on the cold wet night we arrived with a warm fire and a smile. The home itself was so much fun to explore. We were rained in most of the weekend but had so much fun putting on old records. The sound filled the home whether we were dining or sitting on the couch enjoying a cup of coffee. Choosing this home, you need to be okay with tending the fire in the winter every couple of hours in the day and stocking it before bed, but its super easy and Mouna does a great job of showing you the ropes if you've never worked a woodstove before. The house was warm and cozy the whole weekend. Kitchen is great and there is everything you need. Bring groceries, as you are a little ways out from town. Great find for a private and quiet getaway thats very accesible to Ashland!
The reservation was canceled the day before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Amazing location and our family had a wonderful stay. We spent time at the nearby Buddhist Temple and skied on Mt Ashland. Great time by all!
Thank you, Todd, for choosing the Barnhouse. I loved meeting your wife and sons
and am so glad you spent time at the Buddhist Temple and attending the Smoke
Ceremony. Thank you for leaving the Barnhouse in good order, and please come
back if the Spirit moves. HAPPY NEEW YEAR! Mouna
Our family of four had a very special stay at the barnhouse for a few days between Christmas and New Year's. The space is full of warm and quirky touches, and the beautiful nature setting is stunning. Mother nature came through with a gorgeous snowfall during our stay. It was really chilly outdoors but with lots of vigilance feeding the woodburning stove, and the supreme coziness of the heated waterbed, we were able to warm up. Mouna is a great host. I enjoyed a nice cup of tea with her at her domed house a few driveways down, and she was very responsive about helping us out with anything needed. She even connected us with some friends who gave us a tour of the truly beautiful Tibeten Buddhist monastary close-by, and this ended up being a highlight of our trip! Thanks Mouna!
I live right down the road, so I'm available if you need advice or help with the ins and outs of country living, like building a fire in the wood stove, where the best hikes are, how to bake a prune cake, etc!