About this listing
Our cool and comfortable two bed apartment in colonial style has a true vacation feeling. It easily fits up to four persons and is walking distance from beach, town and restaurants. Enjoy the gourmet kitchen, hammock and easy access to everything.
I'd like to invite you to spend some time at my beautiful beach-side retreat, Casa Playa Marina.
Since you're already looking for a place to stay, I'll assume you've decided to visit Las Terrenas. And why not? It's spectacular!
I've traveled all over the Dominican Republic, and so far nothing comes close to the Samana Peninsula.
From my spacious 2-bedroom residence you'll be able to:
- Walk out the front door and onto one of the unforgettable beaches Las Terrenas has to offer (Punta Popy is my front yard, and Playa Las Ballenas, Playa Bonita, and Playa Coson are all just around the corner)
- Stroll 4 minutes into the center of town to visit the fresh fish market, pick up locally grown produce, peruse an art gallery, or join a local excursion
- Enjoy the Las Terrenas nightlife including restaurants, bars, and old-fashioned corner stores without the need for a rental car
- Sleep in the privacy of a tranquil residence with long-term tenants, full-time handy man, and beautiful garden instead of a noisy, impersonal hotel
Casa Playa Marina has everything you could desire to comfortably accommodate anyone from single travelers to groups of 5.
The residence includes:
- 2 bedrooms with queen-sized beds
- 2 full bathrooms (one in the master suite and one full guest bathroom)
- Hot water
- Front porch with a large outdoor seating area and a spectacular ocean view
- Back porch with a writing desk and a hand-made hammock imported from Mexico overlooking private backyard garden
- Private parking
- Fully-stocked kitchen with many useful additions including french press, coffee grinder, wok, high-end knives, blender, automatic wine opener, electric kettle, and an impressive array of spices
- Ceiling fans in each room (I don't have air conditioning and I don't miss it- the ocean breeze maintains a perfect temperature, even during the summer months)
- Washer and dryer
- Beautifully furnished and decorated with a French Caribbean touch
- Fresh linens and towels provided
- Clean drinking water included
Although you'll be just a 4-minute walk to the center of town, the residence is like a private enclave on the beach. You can literally walk next door to one of the finest Italian restaurants in town, or have your own dinner party on the front porch with fresh lobster at $4 a pound.
My neighbors are quiet, respectful, and friendly people. Your only disruption will be a warm hello if you run into them in the garden.
Casa Playa Marina is completely unique- it's the only long-term residence along Las Terrenas's premium beach-front drive amongst the high-end hotels and restaurants that surround it.
For far less than the price of a hotel in the same neighborhood, you get full use of this beautiful home and everything it has to offer.
I look forward to welcoming you soon!
No smoking in the apartment please, you're welcome to use either the front or the back porch.
No unregistered overnight guests are allowed.
From Mar 21 - 26, 2016 the minimum stay is 4 nights.