room on ground floor with windows overlooking the pool, king size bed, bathtub in the center of the room, private bathroom and shower.
Surrounded by vegetation and tall trees, this private studio on ground floor features:
King size bed
Private full bahtroom
Bathtub in the center of the room
Window facing the pool
- Daily Cleaning included
the property features a total of 4 bungalows, very intimate, cozy and like no other place in playa del carmen. Outdoor pool, hammacs, tables in the garden, Wi-Fi internet connection, and just 200 meters from the beach.
Surrounded by stores, laundry, some nice bars and restaurants as: italian, mexican, french, thai, mediterranean, sea food, sushi, international, hamburger place... this is now called the gourmet street in a high in neighborhood which is far from the tipical tourist areas with a nice combination of locals and tourists.
- Professional in-room massages (on request)
- Room service from Restaurant Regina
- Mexican restaurant serving authentic dishes
Uscale neighborhood surrounded by luxury condos, international restaurants, quiet bars. located between beach clubs: Mamitas and Canibal Royal
200 meters from the beach
steps from 5th avenue
Wow what a beautiful property, nestled on the quiet end of 5th avenue it is in the perfect position to be close enough to the action but still a quiet oasis. A lovely place to stay with a real tropical feel amongst the gardens, loved the ducklings they were just gorgeous and really made my stay! The room is lovely and comfortable and also very close to the beach. The restaurant Regina serves up yummy authentic Mexican food, the best guacamole I had came from this restaurant- it's a must try! I definately recommend this property, it had all we wanted for our stay in Playa Del Carmen.
Thanks so much for your hospitality.
Avoid! My wife and I booked this place looking for a place to relax for a few days in Playa and we were completely disappointed. We arrived at the appointed time and the host was nowhere to be found. We got access to the room through the housekeeper and weren't able to get in touch with the host until the evening of our first (and only) night here. The room was not what we expected or were looking for. The bathroom had a mysterious leak from somewhere that left the floor covered with what I assume was water throughout our stay. The room itself doesn't have screens on any of the windows and there is a gap under the door so it is filled with mosquitoes. I was later notified by the owner that they fumigate the rooms to deal with the bugs. I have no idea what they use to do this. The remainder of the property was equally disappointing. The pool was fetid and filled with debris when we arrived (we were told that it was broken). The area surrounding the entrance to the room is apparently a nesting area for the owner's ducks, so there was a male duck that would try and attack you any time you came in or out of the room. We originally planned on staying for 5 nights, but we left after only one because of the conditions and had to find another room. I have stayed in many hostels that were much nicer and more accommodating than this place at 1/3 the price. I would not recommend this room. There are much nicer places to stay in and around Playa. Avoid!
Seems like there was a mix-up at the hotel, and that the staff who were supposed to be working were not there.
*The public space LOOKS very nice, and the location is amazing.
* The bed was comfy.
* The VERY few staff we did see (only at check in and then as we were leaving), were quite friendly, and even gave us a welcoming margarita. Too bad we never saw them again!
* We had a very good time in Playa, although wish we had stayed elsewhere.
* This is not someone's apartment, it is a small hotel (although it's several "huts" and not a big building). This studio, however, is attached to the main office and is not one of the nicer huts. FYI, it appears that the nicer rooms are on other websites.
* It doesn't come with beach towels, but you won't need one. You'll get one on the beach when you pay to rent a chair.
* We were welcomed by Omar (I think that's his name). He was a few minutes late meeting us on Friday eve. We never saw another employee until we were literally walking out the gate on Sunday.
* We were told upon check-in that the mosquitos were bad, and that it had been cold at night, and to come to the office if we needed repellant or a blanket. We did just that and no one was there... all dozen times or so the entire time we stayed.
* Office hours are approx. 9am-2pm, and 5-9pm. We really needed to talk to someone, but no one was ever around. We even left a note Friday around 7pm asking for toilet paper, blanket, and the wifi password. No response, although on Saturday morning I found a bag with a blanket and tp in front of the (still closed) office. I assumed it was for us, and I just took it. We did not know the wifi password the entire time. I think Omar told us as we checked in, but we were exhausted from the trip and didn't remember it.
* As noted above, the room did not have toilet paper, extra blanket or a towel for the bathroom. The bathroom floor was wet and slippery the entire time.
* We couldn't use the hot tub because we were instructed to ask the staff first and there was no staff.
* The yard looks nice, but it's not really usable. There's duck and chicken poop everywhere, and the duck pokes at you if you sit in a hammock. It was cute at first, but got old after a while.
* There is a shaded window that glows light all night, and there is no curtain.
* The big windows don't have screens, so mosquitoes get in. There is no mosquito net around the bed. Easy fix, it would seem.
Shalala is a little slice of hippy chic heaven. Great location, adorable rooms and the staff was so incredible nice. They were super helpful, great communicating with us about arrival etc. I'd happily come back and stay again. The A/C worked really well, bed was comfy and a perfect home base to explore Playa del Carmen.
Shalala was everything we hoped for and more ! Its location,ambience, and staff is absolutely perfect and we would definitely stay here again. We've already recommended it to friends and family! Guillaume était une des raisons que notre vacances était tellement parfaite. Il avait toujours un gentil sourire et il était chaleureux et très accueillant . Merci encore mille fois et on se verra un jour!
Tara & Émilie
We were only able to stay here for the last 2 nights of our stay due to an error double booking from the host. However I loved the location and proximity to the beach, in the nicer/quieter zone of PDC but still incredibly easy and close enough to walk to all the action. The room itself was very comfortable and the a/c made for a very nice evening after being out all day in the sun. The bathtub was nice but the water flow is very low and so to fill it only half way took a little over 2 hrs, which we didn't mind but would have preferred a heads up so we could kick off the process, leave and come back, the shower in the bathroom worked nicely. Over all the vibe of the room was nice and very zen and we loved all the tea-light candles set up through out the property at night. Arturo put forth his best efforts to make us comfortable considering we had to sleep in another room the first 2 nights.
AMAZING place! Playa del Carmen is crazy and this place is hidden but still close to beach and quinta avenida. Everything was just perfect. The little extra that made our stay more special was Arturo's warm hospitality. He took us out the first night and gave us an amazing tour through Playa's nightlife! I
This host has 147 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
We are two laid back, friendly and educated guys living in Playa del Carmen for the last 6 years. We love to travel, spend time with our friends and meet new people. Playa del Carmen is the perfect place for that.
Riviera Maya is a great destination and we enjoy our time here going to the beach, visiting new places like ruins, trying new activities (do not hesitate to ask for any advice on what to do or where to go), hanging out with friends, having a drink in a cool bar ( you will find every kind of music and ambience in playa del carmen), ... our place is in the middle of all these options and is quite cool to enjoy it.
We recently got the unexpected opportunity to start our business in this unique place. Unique for its vegetation, its decoration, and the natural peaceful ambience. Managing and working here it is pure pleasure, we are professional of tourism and marketing, but we enjoy receiving people, looking forward of our guests, sharing about the fabulous Riviera Maya/Mexico and hear stories/experiences from all over the world.
well, if any details or info are missing do not hesitate to contact us, hope to see you soon