About this listing
If you would like to be a traveller even resting at home and experience how it feels like to be in Istanbul, our renovated historical building with 7 rooms, 3 kitchens, 3 bathrooms and a big garden is just for you!
A renovated historical Greek building, our house is located in Elmadağ, a nice neighborhood near Taksim square. Needless to say; its proximity to the center allows a quick & easy access to the attractions of the city, both historical & natural.
Entering the house, you will immediately feel the historical atmosphere familiar to Istanbul, a sense which we also strived to keep at the renovating and furnishing process. If I may rephrase one of my guests' comment, you may feel inside the house as if you are in the middle of 1950's Istanbul, and return to today as soon as you leave. This rare quality meeting today and the history is exactly what I love about our house. It surely has something common with the city of Istanbul!
Together with its cultural and historical qualities, the nicest thing about our house is its beautiful garden with huge trees, something so rarely found at the city center. I am sure you'll love to feel the breeze together with your family or friends during your breaks in sightseeing.
Also to this garden we owe that sense of tranquility and freshness within the building. Thanks to the big date palm tree, you will not need any need for a technological cooling system in the bedrooms, but nature will take care of it - You'll have air conditioner in two of the living rooms.- And the branches & leaves of this beautiful tree also touch the windows of the bedrooms creating a sweet smell, something I'm sure you'll love waking up in the mornings. If you are an autumn or winter guest, you can easily reach out and take for breakfast those sweet fruits coming from the heaven.
The house has three apartments on three levels, each having a separate kitchen and a bathroom, where you will have all kind of amenities you may need for a comfortable stay.
The first apartment has three rooms (one detached) and two of them can be slept.
You'll have a double bed in the bedroom, and a double and single sofa bed in the living room. This floor also has a dining room opening to the garden. So, the apartment has a capacity of five.
The apartment on the middle floor has two rooms with a double bed in the bedroom and two double sofa beds in the living room. So, the apartment has a capacity of six.
And lastly the top floor apartment has a double bed and a single sofa bed in the bedroom, and a double and a single sofa bed in the living room. So, it has an utmost capacity of 6.
Hence, the house has 7 rooms in total with a capacity of 17. But if your group is larger than 12, please read the room compositions carefully in order to figure out whether it will suit your needs. And if your group is 8 or less, you may consider renting two apartments instead of the whole building. And yet if your group is larger, you may consider having it with Pink House or the villa of which you can find the listings at my dashboard.
Hope you'll have a great time in our beloved city!
Wi-fi, garden, balcony, air conditioner, combi heater, hot water, iron, washing machine, TV; local Sim card, Istanbul transportation card; clean linens and towels in the bedrooms; soap, shampoo, toilet paper and hair dryer in the bathrooms; stove, french press, toaster, oven, all kinds of dishes and cutlery in the kitchen.
Interaction with Guests
I live nearby, so do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions or needs. E-mails and text messages are regularly checked, too!
The building is located in Elmadağ, a calm and safe neighborhood near Taksim square. Hilton Hotel is only 3-4 and Taksim square is within only 10-15 minute walking distance, which (as you should know if you are planning to come to Istanbul) is the artistic and cultural centre of the city with its cafes, restaurants, bars, wine houses, night clubs, theaters and movie theaters. And you can get to Sultanahmet, the historical town within 10-15 minutes if you take a taxi, which is the same with Bosphorus.
On the intersecting street called Babil, you can find everything you may need from the markets to butchers, restaurants to bakeries, laundries to buffets.
Bus station is within a 2-3 minute reach. And the nearest metro station is in Taksim square that you can get to in 10 minutes on foot.
-This is a detached house, so you can really feel free! However, please do not make too much noise and disturb the neighbors, especially at the garden late at night.
- The main door has a deadlock, yet try not to use it, as the other guests cannot let themselves in if you can't hear the bell ring!
- You can put the garbage next to the main door. Cats love to tear & play with the garbage bags, so please put them in the evening, as the pickers will come and take them around 10 pm. Municipality abandoned the garbage cans, as they can cause unbearable odor, so please put them just on the street.
- For your safety, do not forget to lock the door opening to the dining room.
- Cats visiting the garden love to enter the house and they can be real nuisance. So, please do not forget to close the wire door opening to the garden. This is also true for the middle floor, please leave open only the windows with wire.
- I would really appreciate if you could water the plants at the garden once in two days during spring and summer. It may feel like a therapy not only for them, but for you, too!
- And lastly, I would really appreciate if you could turn off the air conditioners while you are away. Natural resources are what all we all need, besides electricity is really expensive in Turkey.
- The combi heater placed in the dining room is commonly used by all the three apartments, so please do not turn it off.
- The switch of the lights in the garden are placed on the left wall in the cabinet under the combi heater in the dining room.
-All the showers and kitchens surely have hot water, but the tap in the bathrooms of the first and middle floor does not. It would cost a fortune to change the whole system of the building, so I could not.
About the Host, Asli
Shine On You Crazy Diamond, ÇİRKİN, Leonard Cohen, Don't Look Now, THE DUST OF TIME, Ali: Fear Eats The Soul, Yaratıcı Direniş Televizyonu, In Treatment, Istanbul, Turkey, Emek Sinemasini Yasatalim, gecetreni, Tek kimliğimiz, vicdanımızdır! :::KronikMuhalif:::, Freud Sigmund, Reza Baraheni, Istanbulimpro, Julio Cortázar, Guy Ernest Debord, Jacques Lacan, Alejandra Pizarnik, Nicholas Roeg, sinecine sinema araştırmaları dergisi/ journal of film studies, in treatment dizisi, Kahve, Nilgün Marmara, Hasan Ali Toptaş, Ece Ayhan, Yeni Sinema Hareketi, Dergilik, Bursa'nın Ufak Tefek Filmleri...