Cobble Hill is: safe, beautiful, hip but quiet
* BEST NY neighborhood; Also "Ranked 1st Best Neighborhood in Brooklyn "!
* A short block & 1/2 to subway takes you into Manhattan in less than 8 minutes
* Delicious trendy & inexpensive restaurants all within 1 block to 5 block radius
* Family friendly neighborhood
* Great live music places close
Cobble Hill is: safe, beautiful, hip but quiet
* Family-run shops, mostly on the two commercial main streets—Court and Smith Streets—are a major attraction; clothing boutiques, mixing with trendy new restaurants, pastry shops, banks, Italian meat markets, barber shops, nail salons.
* Northern Smith Street is known as Brooklyn's "Restaurant Row" due to the large number of eateries and watering holes that opened on the street during the late 1990s and early 2000s. Specialized bars along Smith Street became an upscale weekend nightlife destination.YMCA is blocks away, Gymboree (for the little ones who want to play), NY Sports Club, indoor olympic pool, good parking, much more. I have Maps & lots of good advice for your trip.
APT DETAILS: 3 bedroom apartment:
1st room = Queen size bed; new comfy mattress, very comfortable
2nd room = New Twin bed - New comfy mattress - Morrocan themed, candles, great art and a working hookah ( must request coal and hookah mouthpiece if your going to use). Has a state of the art Bowflex treadmill / tread climber.
3rd Bedroom- Twin size bunk-bed
There is also an extra folded roll away twin bed- If needed & Extra blankets, pillows and sheet( Must request so I could provide in house before checking in).
Newly remoded bathroom with a touch of vintage! An amazing claw foot tub for the best baths ever!
*Apartment- Comfortable spacious rooms, accent lighting and windows in every room. The apartment boasts a large kitchen with stove, microwave, oven, fridge, toaster as. Well as a cute breakfast table. A spacious Living room with huge flat screen TV, two comfy sofa's and a lounge chair.
* Lovely, sunny, well-equipped, quiet apartment in Cobble Hill wifi, cable tv, coffee maker, microwave, 100% cotton fresh towels and bed linens. All you need is a change of clothes, toiletries, and personal items.
*The apartment is 1/2 block from the F & G trains (Bergen Street stop) and blocks away from 2,3,4,5,R,A & C train, which bring you to lower Manhattan within 10 minutes.
* Walk up Court Street 4 blocks and Turn left 4 blocks (8-10 min walk) you’re in the gourgouse Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn Bridge Park offers a range of recreation opportunities for every interest, age and inclination. One can take a leisurely stroll to watch the early morning river traffic or find the evening’s first stars in the night sky. Take your children to the Pier 1 playground and grab an ice cream cone at Fulton Ferry Landing. See a summer movie at Pier 1 with your friends. Have a picnic at Main Street. Take your dog to the Pier 6 dog run for exercise and socializing. Or embark from the river’s edge in a kayak or rowboat and explore the city from a vantage point you’ve never seen before. Try fishing from designated areas on Pier 6. If you want he best pizza in the world...... Grimaldis( on weekend get ready to wait on a line wrapped around the block.... Only pies but omg so worth it!!!! If you want the best cheesecake in the world..... Juniors....... Literally the BEST!!!!! If you want the best 5 star restaurant then you go to...... The river cafe!!!!! Sooooo romantic!
Your in the best of Brooklyn in my place!
* Within two block of the apartment is a large well-stocked grocery store, several pharmacies and banks, and the post office. There is a Starbucks on corner. A half block away on Smith Street you’ll find dozens of highly regarded restaurants (Cafe Luca, Joya, Char NO 4, Battersby, ) as well as tons of ethnic places (Mexican, Indian, Moroccan, Thai, etc), many boutiques shops (Exit 9, Enamoo, etc), patisseries (Biencuit!), and the best bars in town. Up on Court Street, you’ll find more of the same, plus larger stores like Barnes and Noble and Starbucks and even a UA Movie Theater(digital/ 3D). This is truly a great location from which to access most of New York City's landmarks, features, and fun. Also, it borders Brooklyn Heights historic, landmarked neighborhood, which provides charming local walks and exploration or it's amazing NYC skyline!
Our host hope was great. My co-worker and were in NY for business. The property fit our needs perfectly. The outside of the property was a bit scary at first. But like your Mom says, it's what's in the inside that counts. Everything was clean and as described. Our host was great in meeting up with us. She also described the area and even left menus for local restaurants. Whenever we had a question she was quick to respond. Hope was also very flexible with departure arrangements. Her smile and colorful personality immediately reassured that we made the right choice in hosts. We would definitely stay with Hope again if we are ever in the City.
Robert it was a pleasure to have you and your coworker my place telling brings me joy to know that my guests are happy. I am so glad to know that your able to overcome the the scary reputation that people have about visiting the outer boroughs of NYC. It was a pleasure to be your host, my place is yours anytime your visiting again.
We had a wonderful time in Brooklyn staying at Hope's place. The apartment, was clean and central and an all-around rad spot. I highly recommend!
Thank you so much on for being such a great guest, I never would've thought that I had six people in my place when you checked out if I had met you all when the first check in. Thank you so much for treating my place like it was your own. You're welcome back to my place anytime.
Hope is everything she says in her ad. She is a bubbly, happy, helpful person with a very nice place in Brooklyn.
The apartment looks just like the pictures and is very comfy to stay in. My daughter and I enjoyed it, slept well and were greeted with some nice at home amenities like milk and bread.
She is also easy to work with when it comes to questions - she is very responsive and easy to talk to.
If and when I go back to Brooklyn, I would consider staying here again.
Hope (email hidden)e was super friendly and very communicative. She has a lovely home in a great location. I (email hidden)-workers visiting from out of town who left with great memories of their visit exploring the neighborhood.
This was our first experience with AirBNB and we were not disappointed. Hope was a lovely and considerate host, always in contact with us from the outset to see if there was anything we needed or she could do for us, and maintaining contact during our stay to ensure that we had all we needed. We were a party of 6, flying in from all over the world, and she was happy to accommodate all of various comings and goings, check ins and check outs. The apartment was cosy and welcoming (email hidden) to come back and chill out from a frenetic day in NYC. It was also perfectly located one block from the subway, and in between Court and Smith Streets, Brooklyn, with all of their funky bars, cafes and boutiques. We felt no need to travel into Manhattan some days! Staying in Hope's apartment felt very much like staying over at a dear friend's home and gave a taste of what it must feel like to be living in the fabulous city of NY!
Thank you so much Marian for all of your kind words. You guys were all such amazing people and your bond of friendship was truly inspiring. Although our meetings were brief, it was a pleasure to get to know you guys. Your welcome back at my home anytime! I'm so glad you first-hand experience with Airbnb was such a great one and I had the opportunity to host such wonderful people.
I booked this on behalf of my family visiting Brooklyn from Ireland and I could not have been happier. The apartment comfortably housed 3 adults and a child with the master bedroom particularly luxurious. The kitchen facilities were perfect for a quick snack in the morning or evening in between various fun activities during the day.
The neighbourhood is one of the best in the city for restaurants, bars, cafes and shopping on Smith Street, Court Street or in downtown Brooklyn and is perfect base either for those staying in Brooklyn or for a visit into Manhattan. The subway is right around the corner - although my family used Arecibo car service which was outside their front door in minutes every time they called.
Hope could not have been a more helpful host. We were left to our own devices though Hope checked in after our arrival to be sure that everything was going OK. While we did not have any problems, I'm sure she would have dealt with any issues efficiently.
A much better option than any hotel in the area, I would recommend staying here without hesitation.
Hope's appartment was a really good rental. We were traveling with a toddler and very much appreciated the extra space of having 3 bedrooms. Also having a clean kitchen, that is well supplied and a shower with a good showerhead has been nice. Hope has (email hidden), checking in if we were okay and helping us out with any questions or requests. Only downside for us was the lack of washer/dryer. The appartment is in a nice, safe neighbourhood, we felt very okay leaving the subway and walking home at 10 PM (5min walk) . Also free street parking, if you can avoid the street sweeping hours : ) I guess as far as NYC goes the street was very quiet at night, just the odd sirene or loud car. No loud noice from the busy streets to the nearby (Court and Smith) on weekdays. I don't know about the weekends. Both streets had good shops. Try Union Market or Trader Joe's on Court street for great grocery shopping. Or the Blue Marble icecream shop, with g(phone number hidden)d homemade icecream, just as you walk out of the street. And Cobblestone catering for a the better kind of take-away. Enjoy your stay in Cobble Hill!
Hope's place is lovely! It was very clean, quiet and felt totally like home. Hope had a quick response time on all communications and handled all transactions promptly and professionally. She was so helpful (email hidden), she checked in with us to see how we were doing and made sure all was well throughout our stay.
The neighborhood is residential, which was perfect. The location is terrific, with lots of restaurants, coffee shops, clothing shops and people watching. Also, this apartment was HUGE relative to what I've heard about New York apartments and what I've seen from New York hotels. The kitchen was large by any apartment standards, let alone New York. The beds were so comfortable and she provided us with tons of towels and extra sheets. The entire house had this charm and loving vibe to it.
Hope (email hidden), offering assistance through out our stay, providing local menus and maps in the apartment, and willing to change my arrival time at the last minute when I had a conflict.
I was especially impressed with the charming design of the house and how immaculately clean the place was. I felt safe in the neighborhood and appreciated the lack noise/light pollution you get in Manhattan. The apartment was a 2 minute walk to the train which made my commute to city very easy. I had no problem finding parking right on the same block, but would not recommend traveling by car into city.
Would stay here again in a heartbeat and have already recommended it to my friends!
Hope is really really nice. If you have some questions, she will try to help you and welcome you well.
Her apartment is ok and well situated ( the subway is situated some blocks from her home and you can reach Manhattan easily). The neighborhood is safe.
The sink didn't work but i guess she will repair it.
We just stayed in the apart. To sleep because we enjoyed the nice town, so it was all right. Have a nice stay ;)
Sorry Celine about the sink and wished I could have gotten the plumber into the house sooner but I was afraid to let him in while you weren't there in the apartment because of your belongings. NOW I can officially say that I have a completely remodeled bathroom now that the sink was offical installed. It was a pleasure having you as a guest!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT