Cobble Hill is: safe, beautiful, hip but quiet
* BEST NY neighborhood; Also "Ranked 1st Best Neighborhood in Brooklyn "!
* A short block & 1/2 to subway takes you into Manhattan in less than 8 minutes
* Delicious trendy & inexpensive restaurants all within 1 block to 5 block radius
* Family friendly neighborhood
* Great live music places close
Cobble Hill is: safe, beautiful, hip but quiet
* Family-run shops, mostly on the two commercial main streets—Court and Smith Streets—are a major attraction; clothing boutiques, mixing with trendy new restaurants, pastry shops, banks, Italian meat markets, barber shops, nail salons.
* Northern Smith Street is known as Brooklyn's "Restaurant Row" due to the large number of eateries and watering holes that opened on the street during the late 1990s and early 2000s. Specialized bars along Smith Street became an upscale weekend nightlife destination.YMCA is blocks away, Gymboree (for the little ones who want to play), NY Sports Club, indoor olympic pool, good parking, much more. I have Maps & lots of good advice for your trip.
APT DETAILS: 3 bedroom apartment:
1st room = Queen size bed; new comfy mattress, very comfortable
2nd room = New Twin bed - New comfy mattress - Morrocan themed, candles, great art and a working hookah ( must request coal and hookah mouthpiece if your going to use). Has a state of the art Bowflex treadmill / tread climber.
3rd Bedroom- Twin size bunk-bed
There is also an extra folded roll away twin bed- If needed & Extra blankets, pillows and sheet( Must request so I could provide in house before checking in).
Newly remoded bathroom with a touch of vintage! An amazing claw foot tub for the best baths ever!
*Apartment- Comfortable spacious rooms, accent lighting and windows in every room. The apartment boasts a large kitchen with stove, microwave, oven, fridge, toaster as. Well as a cute breakfast table. A spacious Living room with huge flat screen TV, two comfy sofa's and a lounge chair.
* Lovely, sunny, well-equipped, quiet apartment in Cobble Hill wifi, cable tv, coffee maker, microwave, 100% cotton fresh towels and bed linens. All you need is a change of clothes, toiletries, and personal items.
*The apartment is 1/2 block from the F & G trains (Bergen Street stop) and blocks away from 2,3,4,5,R,A & C train, which bring you to lower Manhattan within 10 minutes.
* Walk up Court Street 4 blocks and Turn left 4 blocks (8-10 min walk) you’re in the gourgouse Brooklyn Bridge Park, Brooklyn Bridge Park offers a range of recreation opportunities for every interest, age and inclination. One can take a leisurely stroll to watch the early morning river traffic or find the evening’s first stars in the night sky. Take your children to the Pier 1 playground and grab an ice cream cone at Fulton Ferry Landing. See a summer movie at Pier 1 with your friends. Have a picnic at Main Street. Take your dog to the Pier 6 dog run for exercise and socializing. Or embark from the river’s edge in a kayak or rowboat and explore the city from a vantage point you’ve never seen before. Try fishing from designated areas on Pier 6. If you want he best pizza in the world...... Grimaldis( on weekend get ready to wait on a line wrapped around the block.... Only pies but omg so worth it!!!! If you want the best cheesecake in the world..... Juniors....... Literally the BEST!!!!! If you want the best 5 star restaurant then you go to...... The river cafe!!!!! Sooooo romantic!
Your in the best of Brooklyn in my place!
* Within two block of the apartment is a large well-stocked grocery store, several pharmacies and banks, and the post office. There is a Starbucks on corner. A half block away on Smith Street you’ll find dozens of highly regarded restaurants (Cafe Luca, Joya, Char NO 4, Battersby, ) as well as tons of ethnic places (Mexican, Indian, Moroccan, Thai, etc), many boutiques shops (Exit 9, Enamoo, etc), patisseries (Biencuit!), and the best bars in town. Up on Court Street, you’ll find more of the same, plus larger stores like Barnes and Noble and Starbucks and even a UA Movie Theater(digital/ 3D). This is truly a great location from which to access most of New York City's landmarks, features, and fun. Also, it borders Brooklyn Heights historic, landmarked neighborhood, which provides charming local walks and exploration or it's amazing NYC skyline!
Here are some basic rules of the apartment:
- No visitors allowed in the apartment besides guests that have a reservation.
- No smoking in building (outside of apartment.... in hallway)
- No hanging out in building hallways .
- Please take off your shoes at entrance to keep the apartment clean.
- Clean up after yourself in common areas of kitchen and bathroom.
- Floors were recently waxed so please be careful not to damage the floor.
- If there are any problems, for instance with the bathroom or kitchen, please let us me know as soon as you can so I can resolve it.
- No Alcohol consumption inside the apartment.
- No unlawful actions inside the apartment.
Check in after 2pm.... Please contact me if other arrangements need to be made.
Check out 12 noon.....Please contact me if other arrangements need to be made.
I'm usually very flexible with checking and checkouts unless I have another booking right after you or prior to checking in. Please call me, text me or email me to try to figure out what best meets your convenience!
We are a family with 2 kids and in the past 8 years, we have booked furnished rentals from more than 18 different landlords and have never had any issue with them. This is my very first negative review and I sincerely hope this will be the last one. FACT: we were charged for almost $800 for a horrible night at Hope's apartment and were threatened and falsely accused by the host. Our vacation has turned into a nightmare. What happened: We booked Hope's apartment for 6 nights for our Thanksgiving trip to New York. The apartment looked okay when we stepped in around 8:40 pm but the longer we stayed, the more problems. My kid ran to the bunk beds excitedly only to find the upper bunk was not accessible because the ladder was blocked by a cargo shelf fixed on the wall. There was a big dusty paper box and old toys left on the upper bunk, and the bed was not made. The TV couldn't be turned on, and the network name of the internet couldn't be found and the password didn't work for any found networks. We texted and emailed Hope immediately, but got no response. The apartment was also unsafe because there was a large closet door hanging off its hinges in the master bedroom. It looked like it could fall down any time. The place was also dusty and turned all our socks gray. Spending the night there was a nightmare. We could hear every car and every conversation on the street and the apartment just got colder and colder as the night went on. We were wearing our hats, sweatshirts and socks and had a hard time falling asleep all night. We later realized the big window covered by the curtain behind the headboard of the bed was not closed because the host had an air conditioner installed in it and she only used a pillow to block the rest of the opening! It was 30 degrees outside and we were all freezing in her apartment. Hope was overseas so she sent her cleaning lady to hand us the keys. She told me over the phone that she stayed up until 4:00 am her time to make sure we got in fine, which was nice. However, after 5 text messages, 3 emails and 2 attempted calls about the problems, we still didn't hear back from her. We waited until 10:30 am the next morning to call AIRBNB for help. At that point, we had lost our confidence on the place and the host so we asked for an early termination and refund for the rest or our booking. Hope finally called me back around 11:30 am, 14 hours after we tried to contact her. At first she sounded nice and offered to help. But when she heard me asking for a refund, she turned into an enraged person and kept on yelling at me(since we only stayed 1 night and she expected us...
We had a good experience at Hope's place. Though she was out of the country during our visit, she accommodated our late arrival by having her brother meet us with the key and she was responsive to our texts over the weekend when we had questions. The pictures of the apartment are accurate, and Hope's place worked well for us because both of our boys were able to have their own room. In terms of negatives, I would note that there is definitely not much in the way of extra space, as the apartment is clearly lived in, so you have to be prepared to live out of your bags. The water pressure in the shower also leaves something to be desired. The best part of the apartment is its location. It's right next to the metro, and there is great food in the area. If you have kids, it's also quite close to a very large park. If we were returning to the area, we would definitely stay here again.
It was wonderful stay. Hope was so kind and accommodating. She kindly gave me a call if it was alright as she send a cleaning lady for us to check in. The apartment was clean and comfortable. Neighborhood was great. Safe, lot of nice place to dine, shop, just a minute walk from metro station.
The reservation was canceled 3 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Our host hope was great. My co-worker and were in NY for business. The property fit our needs perfectly. The outside of the property was a bit scary at first. But like your Mom says, it's what's in the inside that counts. Everything was clean and as described. Our host was great in meeting up with us. She also described the area and even left menus for local restaurants. Whenever we had a question she was quick to respond. Hope was also very flexible with departure arrangements. Her smile and colorful personality immediately reassured that we made the right choice in hosts. We would definitely stay with Hope again if we are ever in the City.
Robert it was a pleasure to have you and your coworker my place telling brings me joy to know that my guests are happy. I am so glad to know that your able to overcome the the scary reputation that people have about visiting the outer boroughs of NYC. It was a pleasure to be your host, my place is yours anytime your visiting again.
We had a wonderful time in Brooklyn staying at Hope's place. The apartment, was clean and central and an all-around rad spot. I highly recommend!
Thank you so much on for being such a great guest, I never would've thought that I had six people in my place when you checked out if I had met you all when the first check in. Thank you so much for treating my place like it was your own. You're welcome back to my place anytime.
Hope is everything she says in her ad. She is a bubbly, happy, helpful person with a very nice place in Brooklyn.
The apartment looks just like the pictures and is very comfy to stay in. My daughter and I enjoyed it, slept well and were greeted with some nice at home amenities like milk and bread.
She is also easy to work with when it comes to questions - she is very responsive and easy to talk to.
If and when I go back to Brooklyn, I would consider staying here again.
This host has 81 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I love meeting new people. I'm a friendly, cheerful, responsible & a helpful person. I've lived in New York all of my life. I'm very much into living the family life, good food, cultural events.....love to travel, music and films. Can't live without food, water, oxygen and CHOCOLATE! Favorite travel destination: Dubai......Favorite movies: The Notebook.....
As for hosting style: I will help you with any necessary info to get you through and about the city, suggest hip places to check out & free things to do, and places to go and see...should you need any help. My home is all yours for visit!..... :)