Our two roomed apartment located in a renovated old Greek building reflecting an old Istanbul feeling might be just what you need!
Our apartment is located on the middle floor in a renovated historical Greek house in Elmadağ, a safe and calm neighborhood near Taksim square.
What is unique about our apartment is the historical touch familiar to Istanbul, something we strived to keep while renovating and furnishing. The hard wooden floors, the high ceilings, the bay window, the high white wooden doors and the lace curtains will make you feel the old Istanbul feeling as you enter. This way, you will be a traveller even resting at home!
The apartment has two rooms and each can be slept. You'll have a double bed in the bedroom and two very comfortable IKEA double sofa beds in the living room. So, the apartment has a capacity of six. If your group is larger, please note that we have two more apartments in the same building.
There is a huge garden on the rear side, to which the apartment owes its silent and cool atmosphere. And thanks to the huge date palm tree in the garden, you will not feel any need for a technological cooling system, but nature will take care of this for you! The living room already has an air conditioner, and if you need one in the bedroom, let me know and I will provide one for you.
You will not have access to the garden, but the branches and the leaves of our beautiful date palm tree touch the windows, creating a sweet smell in the bedroom, something I'm sure you'll love waking up in the mornings. And you can easily reach and take those sweet fruits coming from the heaven.
If you would like to spend your holiday in a place reflecting the culture and history of Istanbul itself, this place is ideal for you.
Hope you'll have a great time in our beloved city!
Wi-fi, hot water, iron, washing machine, TV; local Sim card, Istanbul transportation card; clean linens and towels in the bedroom; soap, shampoo, toilet paper and hair dryer in the bathroom; stove, french press, toaster, all kinds of dishes and cutlery in the kitchen.
Interaction with Guests
I live nearby, so do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions or needs. E-mails and text messages are regularly checked, too!
The building is located in Elmadağ, a calm and safe neighborhood near Taksim square. Hilton Hotel is only 3-4 and Taksim square is within only 10-15 minute walking distance, which (as you should know if you are planning to come to Istanbul) is the artistic and cultural centre of the city with its cafes, restaurants, bars, wine houses, night clubs, theaters and movie theaters. And you can get to Sultanahmet, the historical town within 10-15 minutes if you take a taxi, which is the same with Bosphorus.
On the intersecting street called Babil, you can find everything you may need from the markets to butchers, restaurants to bakeries, laundries to buffets.
Bus station is within a 2-3 minute reach. And the nearest metro station is in Taksim square that you can get to in 10 minutes on foot.
Other Things to Note
One thing worth to mention is that the jacuzzi is located at the bedroom, and not at the bathroom. Pictures show it in the corridor, but we have just moved it following our guests' remarks.
- The main door has a deadlock, yet try not to use it, as the other guests cannot let themselves in if you can't hear the bell ring, which is a mobile one!
- You can put the garbage next to the main door. Cats love to tear & play with the garbage bags, so please put them in the evening, as the pickers will come and take them around 10 pm. Municipality abandoned the garbage cans, as they can cause unbearable odor, so please put them just on the street.
- Cats visiting the garden love to enter the house and they can be real nuisance. So, in the bedroom, please only open the windows with wire.
- The combi heater heating the water and radiators are placed on the first floor. In any case that you don't have hot water or the radiators are not working, the guests may have turned it off accidentally. In such a case, tell the guests on the ground floor to turn it on or directly contact me.
- The jacuzzi and kitchen surely have hot water, but the tap in the bathroom does not. It would cost a fortune to change the whole system of the building, so I could not.
Asli is a great host! We enjoyed our stay very much!!! Very nice surrounding and apartement!
Thank you so much, Asli, for your gentle hospitality and helpfullness. Best regards Janne
This host has 77 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
(website hidden) Likes:
Shine On You Crazy Diamond, ÇİRKİN, Leonard Cohen, Don't Look Now, THE DUST OF TIME, Ali: Fear Eats The Soul, Yaratıcı Direniş Televizyonu, In Treatment, Istanbul, Turkey, Emek Sinemasini Yasatalim, gecetreni, Tek kimliğimiz, vicdanımızdır! :::KronikMuhalif:::, Freud Sigmund, Reza Baraheni, Istanbulimpro, Julio Cortázar, Guy Ernest Debord, Jacques Lacan, Alejandra Pizarnik, Nicholas Roeg, sinecine sinema araştırmaları dergisi/ journal of film studies, in treatment dizisi, Kahve, Nilgün Marmara, Hasan Ali Toptaş, Ece Ayhan, Yeni Sinema Hareketi, Dergilik, Bursa'nın Ufak Tefek Filmleri...