About this listing
Private room in spacious converted loft share:
12 x 12 private room furnished with a double bed, desk, nightstands and clothing rack. The room has two windows and 12' ceilings and is in a large finished loft in Greenpoint.
My loft is often described as a haven, tall ceilings, a skylight in the main living space, comfy decor & a big dining table. I love hosting, cooking and being a designer and I believe that is expressed in my home.
- Private 12' x 12' Room with 12' ceilings & 2 windows in my 1300 sq ft loft available for short term & semi-long term stays. The room is furnished with a new full sized bed with pillow topper, a large desk, hanging rack for clothes, bedside tables & lamps. The room is for a single person or for couples (couples - short stay only), clean sheets, pillows, duvet & towels are provided upon request. The room is equipped with a window a/c unit in summer.
- The loft is a 2nd floor walk-up in Greenpoint & I would describe the decor as "Eclectic Modern"... also, decidedly Brooklyn. The bathroom is shared with us (my bedroom is on the opposite end of the 560 square foot living/dining room). The bathroom is a typical older bathroom for a nyc apartment, but a bit more spacious than most with especially nice water pressure. The bathroom & kitchen are off the main living space. Drop off/coin laundry is 2 blocks away.
I have my studio at home & leave for meetings. But the room is probably best for someone that will be leaving during the day or afternoon to go to a job or explore the city. I'm respectful and tidy and would like the same from any guests.
You are welcome to use the kitchen and will have space in the refrigerator and pantry at your request. You are also welcome to enjoy the living and dining room at breakfast, in the evenings or on the weekends. Weekdays I am working and my studio is open to the main living space, so prefer quiet outside of use of the kitchen.
Interaction with Guests
I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the house, neighborhood or NYC in general. I don't rent my personal bedroom out, so I am often around.
We love Greenpoint, it's safe & walkable and has lots of amenities at hand.
Food & Drink: 2 blocks from The Garden (great natural foods grocer), 2.5 blocks from Key Foods (supermarket). Close-by (within 2 - 5 blocks): Troost (cafe), Upright Coffee, Brooklyn Label (brunch), Ott (great Thai food), Vamos Al Taquila (great Mexican), ALL kinds of good Polish food, Pizza (NY slices & gourmet brick oven), cute boutiques & music stores along Franklin & the following bars: Habitat, Pencil Factory, Adelina's, dive bars, Black Rabbit, etc. 3 Laundries are within 4 blocks of the house.
- Our loft is located 2 blocks from the Greenpoint G train, 1 bus stop from the 7 train in Queens, 2 train stops from the L in Willamsburg, 2 bus or train stops from the E & M trains & about a 10 minute walk to the East River Ferry Terminal.
Other Things to Note
We have a kitten called Abner.
My home is relaxed and respectful. :)
But just for clarity:
1) No smoking in apartment.
2) The room has a full sized bed, with clean linens, and can accommodate a max of two people. Base rate is only for one person, the second guest is an additional $25.
3) I have clean towels available at your request and ask that you use the towels provided. If you need additional towels please ask.
4) Guests are expected to generally clean up after themselves in the shared spaces, including: emptying the trash when you fill it, doing your own dishes, wiping down the sink after use and clearing the drain in the shower.
5) Please leave no more than one set of used bedding & a maximum of 2 towels in laundry bag provided when your stay is complete.
6) Clean your food out of the pantry and refrigerator before you check out. If you are throwing out perishables, discuss it with me so we aren't stuck with the smell of your spoiling food.
7) Take your trash down to the garbage outside the building next to the front door. Take out the kitchen trash if you fill it. Put clean recyclables into the bins in the kitchen.
8) If you are staying longer than one month, please vacuum your room at least once a month while you are staying. Not keeping a tidy room makes it very difficult to clean after you're gone.
9) If any of the linens I have provided are damaged or disappear you will be charged for the replacement.
10) Please do not use the bathroom for hair drying or applying makeup, there are outlets and a mirror in your room. With three people sharing the bathroom with irregular schedules we all have to be conscious of the time spent in the bathroom.
11) **Please do not use our address for any mailing purposes. Do not use our address to receive or sign up for anything. Do not use our address for setting up a bank account, gym account, arts listings, etc. We will not forward any mail we receive and we do not want to receive any junk mail.