About this listing
Walking distance from Manhattan (Central Harlem), Yankee Stadium, Bronx Museum and Bronx Terminal Market. 2 blocks from B, D, 4 Subway (20 mins to Columbus, 30 to Union Square) and Metro-North Hudson lines. Close to several parks, libraries, etc. A privileged safe space. Before booking, Gaby and me encourage you to send us a message to find out if we can open the door at the time you wish to come in. We both work so we might not be able to let you in at the time you wish. Timing is everything.
An elevator building right across the bridge from Manhattan. Right across the street from Yankee Stadium local finds are: Gateway Center, Bronx Terminal Market, Bronx Museum of the Arts, Farmers Market, etc. Easy access to the B,D, 4 trains and express buses are another perk. If driving is more your style then you are in luck as there are usually parking spaces across the street.
You will be staying in a room with two sets of block-out roller blinds instead of doors, which is located on the opposite side of the apartment (in relation to our bedroom). There is a pretty comfortable queen-sized sofa bed, a couch, a small table, a bookshelf that you can use for your needs. There is a heat radiator and a ceiling fan, as well as two windows. And a full size classic arcade with Galaga, Miss Pac-Man and Donkey Kong.
You will have access to the kitchen and dinning room (but please to eat use the table on your room), bathroom (with tub).
Interaction with guests
We will be working most of the time within the apartment in our projects, but always happy to help our guests, and share a cup of Zapatista organic coffee with them.
The neighbourhood is next to Yankee Stadium and the Harlem River, it has nice areas to walk. Its near parks and commercial zones. And very close to the Grand Concourse too. A 20 minute jog would take you to Central Park in the Upper West Side.
There is 24 hour access to the B, D and 4 Subway lines. As well as public and express buses. You are 20 mins away from Columbus Circle and Grand Central Station. 30 mins away from Union Square. 40 mins away from the Financial District. 50 minutes from Brooklyn. Its also walking distance to the Metro-North Railroad Hudson line that goes up north to Poughkeepsie.
Other things to note
Please ring the bell on apartment 4C and if you talk to any neighbors please don't mention Airbnb at all. Also if we talk over the intercom please refrain from mentioning it.
· If you book for less than 3 days you won't be getting a key to the apartment
· You are only allowed to bring 1 suitcase (or carry-on) per person, plus a backpack or bag. No boxes.
· You can smoke in the apartment, but please no smoking anywhere else in the apartment building
· No drinking in the apartment.
· Do not hang out outside of the apartment or the building.
· No pets
· Any emergencies pertaining to the apartment should be reported immediately to Fran or Gabriela
· No parties
· No loud/objectionable noise. Please be respectful of neighbors: please be quiet in the hallway late at night.
· Do not move the furniture, lamps or other furnishings
· Do not flush anything besides toilet paper down the toilet.
· Do not dispose of food, coffee grounds, or other debris in the sink. Keep the strainer in the sink in order to catch debris and dispose of it in the trash.
· Do not leave any items in the building's hallway.
· Do not store bikes in the apartment.
· No drugs use of any sort.
· Please don't sleep in the couch, use the sofa bed for that.
· Visitors are not allowed.
· Feel free to use the kitchen, but use the table in your room for eating.
· Please don't leave stuff outside the room where you are staying.
- It is prohibited to use our network and Internet connection for illegal uploading, downloading or other illegal activities. If we are contacted by the ISP or police, your name and contact info will be provided immediately. Illegal downloads and uploads of copyrighted material are crimes prosecuted in the USA.
· You can't use our postal address to receive mail or packages whatsoever. No Fedex, DHL, UPS, USPS, etc. If you need to order stuff from Amazon, there are Amazon Lockers a few blocks from home, pick up is 24 hours day.
· Checkout is in the morning and we can't store your luggage afterwards Plan ahead according to your departures. If you leave late in the evening, you might want to consider booking an extra day.
· Be respectful of our space, don't stay the whole day in the apartment. This is not a hotel or an office, but the apartment of regular New Yorkers who live and work everyday in it. We are not hotel employees. We let you stay in our place to make The City more affordable to both you and us. We are not looking for roomates and can't provide shelter space for anyone.
· Guests must be the same persons whose name and face is shown in the Airbnb profile that makes the reservation. Yes, we want to see the faces of the people whom we will share a space. We open the doors to our home, please show your face in the profile. It doesn't mean much, but it means a lot to us. Thanks for understanding!
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 11 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
The cities where I feel more at home and where I've spent the most significant periods of my life are:
Berlin, Los Angeles, Mexico City, New York City, San Diego, Wien, and my hometown, which is Tijuana.
I also like travelling in Belize, Colombia, and the Olmec and Mayan route in Mexico, as well as roadtrips in the U.S. Southwest. Other cities i like are Madrid, Miami, Rio de Janeiro, Sevilla and Seoul.
I am an ovo-lacto vegetarian, and work professionaly as a writer and artist.