Make your stay in Singapore a memorable one. Hang out at the very first housing estate - Tiong Bahru Conservation Art Deco Estate. This pre-war (cira 1930s) ground floor flat has just been fully renovated. Here are some of the perks:
- 1,000 sq.ft / 90 sqm spacious 1 bedroom ground floor unit
- Your own plunge pool (3m by 2m by 1m deep) with fountain sprout
- Garden settling sheltered by glass roof and timber pergola
- Brand new kitchen with state of the art SMEG appliances and an island benchtop. Have a cook/bake off!
- 2 designer bathrooms (master bathroom even has a TV and large rain shower)
- Smart cable TV where you can surf the net on TV or connect to the sound system via bluetooth from your own laptop or iPod
- High speed wifi
- Large bedroom with extra long king size bed, plus a built in wardrobe and vanity table. Bedroom also has a flat screen wall mounted TV.
- The built in sofa in the living room doubles up as a single bed if you wish to have a 3rd person.
- Laundry area with new washer and hanging space
- Study area overlooking the pool, help yourself to the library with a selection of books and magazines
- Community Centre and basket ball court right outside your door. Makes it extra safe to walk home at night.
Famous hangouts within the Estate:
- 40 hands, Social House, Poteato, PS Cafe, Bhutan Shop, Books Actually, Nana & Bird and Strangelets (1 minute walk to Yong Siak Street)
- Tiong Bahru Bakery, Orange Thimble, Drips, Por Kee Seafood & Tiong Bahru Market (2 minutes walk to Eng Hoon Street)
Not for parties, strictly residential.
This whole apartment is for your exclusive use. It is a private rental, not a bnb listing.
Since I live overseas there will be minimal interaction but I am always contactable.
- Quaint and most sought after neighborhood with sprouting cafes as well as the old time local eats. Only a few doors from the famous Tiong Bahru Market, where the film "Civic life" was made.
- 5 minutes walk to either Tiong Bahru or Outram train stations (green line)
- 3 stops to the CBD and shprt bus ride to Orchard Road shopping belt
This is an area that is undergoing gentrification in a big way. Hence, the old / sometimes slightly seedy coexist with the trendy yuppies. In general, it's 99% quiet and peaceful at night after 9pm but occasionally you may come across someone having a party or perhaps one too many drinks. I'm sure if you are a well travelled person, you will know that this is beyond anyone's control and you get it anywhere in the world :)
Make yourself at home, please do take care of the property.
Strictly no smoking inside, you can do it at the outside garden or rooftop.
The rooftop is open for use but no large parties please.
It would be great if you can water the plants and feed the guppies.
Note that there is only air-conditioning in the bedroom, but there are ceiling fans and generally that is good enough.
This (email hidden), so it is extremely quiet and peaceful at night. Hence, please be respectful of the neighbourhood and try and keep your volume down after hours.
Sherrie was a very accommodating host. She was very friendly and responded quickly to my requests. Her guides to the nearby eateries and recreational areas came in handy.
Her place was as reflected in the pictures. Very artsy! It was a great place for a staycation. The basketball court was practically at her doorstep.
Unfortunately, being creatures who loved the warmth, we did not manage to use the pool as it was way to cold by the time we tried taking a dip in it during the 3rd day of our stay. (It being the December period and the pool being indoor, hence no warmth from the sun to heat up the water a little.) The swing was very comfy as well! :)
However, it was still a great stay and it was an ideal place for a couple's mini getaway.
Had a most wonderful stay in this cozy and amazing apartment. The place is as good as what you see from the pictures, if not better, It's a great find for a city like Singapore. Beautifully done up and for me, it was a great change from the usual hotel stays. Sherrie is a great host and she has been very helpful and informative. Strongly recommend this place simply for the experience of staying in such unique apartment and the bonus is the convenience of its location. Thanks for the experience.
This host has 20 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hello, I'm a mid-30s female that has lived and worked in a few cities. I will be traveling mostly to Europe and US in the next couple of years.
I would love to make new friends, learn a new language and try good food.
I'm an architect by background so I like to scout for interesting furniture, homewares or ideas when I'm in a new place.
I live with my cat in a lovely place in San Francisco and we like to host the occasional guest. I also have another listing of the place I own somewhere else. Please feel free to check it out whenever you are traveling to this part of the world.