About this listing
The multi-purpose area. View towards the entrance. Flexible seating for socializing or comfortable viewing.
Unique Artsy Loft for Creative People of All Kinds, Pets-Friendly
Location: CLOSE TO THE HEART OF PITTSBURGH.
• Within walking distance to the Strip, and its famous markets & stores, restaurants & clubs,
• within 15 mins walking distance (or 5 mins driving distance) to Downtown Pittsburgh &The Cultural Center, Convention Center, Heinz History Museum
• walking distance to the stadiums, 3 Rivers Casino, Andy Warhol Museum, Carnegie Science Center, Children's Museum, The National Aviary, Mattress Factory Art Gallery, Penn Brewery, Allegheny River Nature hiking/biking Trail & Kayak rental place on Allegheny River, etc.
• A short block away from PA Rt.28 and I-279.
• On major bus lines. Walking distance to Greyhound and Amtrak stations. West Park and Allegheny General Hospital also within walking distance.
When you walk in front of our door you will see a great view of city skyline.
This self-contained loft/ art studio/ dojo/ multi-use space has all you need to survive & thrive, whether you are staying for just a weekend or planning on spending a few or even more weeks here. We believe in multi-functionality and the utilitarian character of the spaces we spend our live in. That said, you won't find fluffy beds and mass-produced "art" covering the walls. But we will be happy to meet your creative needs- so please let us know them in advance!
The 14-ft-high walls have been intentionally mostly left blank for variety of uses, including, but not limited to:
photo- and video-shoots. This space has been used for these in the past and we will be happy to accommodate your artistic needs
Free internet. You can also watch netflix movies or dvd-s on a 8 ft x 6 ft screen from your own computer. Projector included, computer not.
Guest- controllable heat and central air conditioning.
Please note: there is no separate bedroom, it's all an open-floor space with an open mezzanine. The main sleeping quarters are located on the mezzanine.There is a California King size memory foam mattress/bed (easily sleeps 2 large adults, but watch out for low ceiling-see the pix). There's also a 2-person futon. On the main (lower) floor there are (2) Queen size sleeping sofa-beds (one of them w/additional 2" memory foam topper ). Although far from a stereotypical fluffy bedroom this place offers good sleeping accommodation for any folks "on the go".
Full bathroom with a shower. Hair-dryer included. Compact kitchen equipped w/electric stove, fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee & cappuccino makers & electric kettle. There are also: crock pot, rice cooker/steamer, electric grill & panini maker available for your cooking pleasure. Cooking utensils & dishes provided, as well as towels, linens & blankets/ comforters (in winter).
Although the minimal stay is 2 nights in some cases we accept a single-night stay. The base price for a single night is $150.00 plus the regular fees (cleaning, airbnb, 7% local sales tax etc.). The maximum of 3 guests still applies, unless discussed with us directly on a case-by-case basis.
In certain situations we can raise the maximum amount of adult guests (18 yrs +) to 5- there is an additional fee of $16 per night, per each adult guest over 3 up to 5.
Please review all the sleeping & bathroom details in our listing with all folks in your party to make sure you that all will feel comfortable with such accommodations.
Comfort is a subjective term and while we try to provide our guests with the amount of space & privacy the way we perceive it, we understand that some people not only don't mind but actually feel good in more "densely populated" scenarios.
Parking: free on-street parking next to our building in a quiet but very well exposed & safe alley.
We have kids and we understand and welcome families w/kids.
We also have dogs and we welcome folks w/dogs too, any size, any breed, or a mix of them. Dogs stay for free with their responsible owners. Maximum amount of pets per stay is 2.
Please note: if a dog is to be left alone for ANY (but no longer than a few hours) period of time it has to be locked in a crate. We have a LARGE size dog crate available for your free use, or bring your own. In any case you are responsible for cleaning after your pet and of course for any damage that they might cause.
The minimum stay is 2 nights but in certain cases we may consider a single night option, please contact us directly to discuss it.
Also: We gladly offer a SUBSTANTIAL MONTHLY DISCOUNT- for a FULL 30 NIGHTS MINIMUM STAY. Please ask.
We would be happy to accommodate your particular needs and we'd like to get to know you a bit prior to your arrival to ensure a happy, creative relationship.
Communication by email preferred.
Check in time is 3 PM
Check out time is 12 noon
• limited: Russian, Spanish, French, German, Yinzer
THE PERSON RENTING OUR PLACE HAS TO BE OVER 21 YEARS OF AGE AND WILL BE LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OTHER GUESTS IN THE GROUP.
Unless noted otherwise all local taxes are included in prices.
1. THE PERSON RENTING OUR PLACE HAS TO BE OVER 21 YEARS OF AGE AND WILL BE LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OTHER GUESTS IN THE GROUP.
2. Please make sure you contact us and/or be available to contact re: your time of arrival.
We make every effort to meet our guests in person and that requires some advanced planning.
In case we are absolutely unable to meet you in person (e.g. in case of a very late arrival) we will provide you w/a door lock code and more detailed info once you are in.
IMPORTANT: Communication by email and airbnb messaging system preferred over cellphone calls.
We also travel abroad, where we change phone carriers (so calling does not work) but email and airbnb messages still work the same way and can be addressed immediately (in most cases).
3. Sorry but no smoking is not allowed on premises, neither in the apartment nor in the garage.
4. We encourage recycling. In our area one can recycle steel & aluminum cans, glass, plastic & cardboard together. The recycling bin is under the kitchen sink.
5. Be eco-friendly- conserve energy: turn off unused lights, turn down heat/AC when leaving for several hours etc.
6. Please notify us of any problems right away- SMS or e-mail preferred.
7. Please do not rearrange the furniture.
8. Please leave our space in the same orderly and clean condition you yourself would like to find it if/ when you come back again.
ENJOY YOUR STAY!
View towards the kitchen and dining area. The circular staircase leads to the open mezzanine with main sleeping area.