About this listing
PRIVATE Master bedroom in 3-bdrm apartment. HUGE room, A/C, Flat SMART TV with Amazon, Hulu & Netflix, WIFI, In-Room Mini-Fridge, In-Room Keurig Machine with Assortment of Hot Drink Goodness! Recently renovated apartment w/beautiful extras. Queen Captains bed & Twin Sofa bed. Full access to kitchen/bath. Clean fluffy towels/sheets/essentials provided (Shampoo/Cond, Hair Dryer, Soap.) Fits 3 Adults OR 4 w/kids. STEPS to 2 major Subway lines. Washer/Dryer in building. 1st floor/Elevator building.
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE DESCRIPTION SO YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT & THERE ARE NO SURPRISES WHEN YOU ARRIVE
ABOUT THE APARTMENT
This 1,100+ square foot apartment is a beautiful, clean, stylish TRUE 3- bedroom unit with high ceilings. The maplewood paneled windows face North so it stays cool but still brings in a lot of light. This apartment was very recently gut renovated which means EVERYTHING is brand new including beautiful hardwood floors, granite/stainless fully prepped open kitchen with brand new stainless steel appliances. Our apartment is also equipped with High Speed wireless Internet for your use.
This listing is for a SHARED apartment, and your exclusive use of the MASTER BEDROOM. Guests are welcomed with a basket that includes a special welcome gift, bottled water, maps of the city and more
This MASTER BEDROOM has a raised queen size captain bed that comfortably sleeps 2 adults. The room also has a sofa chair that converts into a twin sofa-bed. The MAXIMUM number of guests allowed to stay in this bedroom is FOUR. *NOTE* This means 4 adult/kid combo NOT 4 adults. The max adult count is 3.
This room has large spacious windows with both blinds and drapes, a flat screen SMART television with Cable and apps like Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, HBO (Subject to your own subscription). The room has it's own A/C, ceiling fan, a desk and dresser for your use. The closet is not available for your use, but I have provided several hooks for hanging. There is also wireless high speed internet. The room also has a large mini-fridge for your use.
Each bed has clean sheets, extra blankets & pillows. Each guest has their own towel.
The kitchen is fully equipped with a Full Sized Stainless Steel Refrigerator/Freezer, Stainless Dishwasher, Full Sized Microwave, Gas Range/Oven, Toaster, Dishes, Utensils, pots, pans... everything you need to cook a real meal if you so desire.
We have a full bathroom with ceiling to floor tile. Sink, mirror, toilet & shower/bathtub combo. Guests also are provided with body wash, shampoo and conditioner.
The apartment is stylishly decorated and well maintained, and we anticipate the same treatment from our renters. This is not a “party” apartment. There is no Smoking/Drugs allowed in the unit at any time.
There is a card operated washer/dryer conveniently located in the basement (elevator building).
Our apartment in located on the 1st floor of a National Historical Landmark building at 157th & St. Nicholas Ave. located in Hamilton Heights/Manhattan area New York City!
EXPECTATION MANAGEMENT: WIth regard to location-- We are NOT park avenue. This is a very real NYC neighborhood. I have lived here with my children for 4 years, take my dog for walks/go jogging in my neighborhood late at night and have never felt like I was in danger. HOWEVER, it is NYC and can be dirty, loud and "salty". The building is a National Landmark, and is beautiful, but we do not have a doorman, marble floors, beautiful flowerbeds or anything like that. If you are looking for squeaky clean, having your luggage brought in with white gloves, etc. then you may want to look elsewhere. However, if you are accustomed to city living you will know this apartment is great as it is so close to the subway, and is located in a decent and relatively quiet neighborhood (if it was a bad neighborhood, I wouldn't have moved my family here). Moreover, the apartment itself is very clean and spacious - and most of all, you understand I do not have control over the hundreds of people that make up my neighborhood and whether they choose to throw their garbage in the trash or on the ground. Again, if you want the clean/quiet streets of park avenue, then you may want to research a room in that neighborhood (for 2X the price).
We are a quick 90 second walk to the major ACE (Blue Line) Subway line and 2 blocks (5 min walk) from 1,2,3 (Red) Subway line. Both options will give you full direct access to the West side of Manhattan. Midtown access (Times Square/Central Park/Rockefeller Center/ Empire State Building/ Museum of Natural History/ 911 Memorial) is only a short 20 min subway. If you have a car, street parking is available and relatively easy to find.
There is a grocery store only a few blocks away. It is a C-town and has most everything. But if you prefer, there is a "Whole Foods" on 59th/Columbus Circle about a 15 min subway ride on the C. There are not a lot of restaurant options close by - but we do have a lot of delivery menus to order take out. Also - if you want to walk about 10 blocks, you will find a nice pocket of food options up by the hospital around 165th/broadway.
We do require a $500.00 deposit which is handled like any hotel. AirBNB will place a hold on your credit card, and then barring any damage, the full amount will be released after check-out.
Please feel free to contact us at any time with questions on availability, pets or anything else. I will get back to you ASAP. Thank you for looking and I look forward to hearing from you.
*NOTE* I want to reiterate that you will be sharing the apt with my family which includes children and our German shepard.
Once you book, I am happy to help you plan your trip, traverse the city and become comfortable using the transit system. I can also help recommend the best deals on the attractions you wish to visit.
We provide our guest email transactions as well as our 24-hr business line so we can stay in touch during your stay either via text/ phone or email.
International calls will be assessed a fee however as we are assessed that same fee by our provider.
Check-in time is 4PM. We do try to be flexible if possible with our guests travel itinerary, however check-in after 10PM will be assessed an additional $45 Late check-in fee.
Check-out time is 10AM
Guests are expected to clean up after themselves in any common areas. Guests have access to Free Wifi internet
- Guests are welcome to use the kitchen along with the dishes, cooking utensils, microwave, oven/range and dishwasher.
- Guests also have access to the bathroom.
- You have access to the chest of drawers in the bedroom. You do not have access to the drawers under the bed, the closet or the filing cabinet.
- Please do not use the A/C as it has been winterized (winter months)
- The sofa is a twin pull out bed available for your use.
- The flat screen SMART TV is mounted in this bedroom and is available for your use
- We have added a mini-fridge to your room for your use.
There is a card operated washer/dryer conveniently located in the basement (elevator building). You are welcome to borrow a card to load if you wish to do laundry.
Interaction with guests
Traveling/Prior to your stay: We provide our guest email transactions as well as our 24-hr business line so we can stay in touch during your stay either via text/ phone or email. International calls will be assessed a fee however as we are assessed that same fee by our provider.
During your stay: I work from home, so I am home much of the time during the day. The children will be at school most for most of the day on weekdays, but we will all be home on the weekends (Unless we are out of town). We do have a well trained German Shepherd - but she pretty much sticks with me, will never be in your room. She will be contained in one of the other bedrooms when we are not in the apt. We respect your privacy and keep quiet time at night so as not to disturb you, and ask our guests to do the same.
EXPECTATION MANAGEMENT: WIth regard to location-- This is a very real NYC neighborhood. I have lived here with my children for 5 years, take my dog for walks/go jogging in my neighborhood late at night and have never felt like I was in danger. The building is a National Landmark (DUke Ellington lived here!), and is beautiful, but we do not have a doorman or marble floors. However, if you are accustomed to city living you will know this apartment is great with a BONUS of being so close to the subway, and is in a decent and relatively quiet neighborhood. Moreover, the apartment itself is very clean and spacious.
Our apartment in located on the 1st floor of a National Historical Landmark building at 157th & St. Nicholas Ave. (It is called the "Duke Ellington Building - Yes DUKE ELLINGTON LIVED HERE!) We are located in Hamilton Heights/Manhattan area New York City. A real NYC neighborhood -- sometimes has a bit more litter than I would like, but it is safe and homey. Has a Dominican flavor.
We are a super conveniently located to several mass transit lines. Only a quick 90 second walk to the major ACE (Blue Line) Subway line and 2 blocks (5 min walk) from 1,2,3 (Red) Subway line. Both options will give you full direct access to the West side of Manhattan. Midtown access (Times Square/Central Park/Rockefeller Center/ Empire State Building/ Museum of Natural History/ 911 Memorial) is only a short 20 min subway ride.
If you have a car, street parking is available and relatively easy to find.
There is a grocery store only a few blocks away. This is a residential neighborhood, so it is relatively quiet.
Other things to note
- Due to allergies, this apt is NOT available for smokers - Sorry. Even the smell from smokers clothing can set off a reaction.
- We do have a large friendly and well trained German Shepherd in the home. If you are allergic, this would not be the home for you.
Please take a moment & read this – you will be bound as accepting these rules upon check in & are responsible for them
This is shared space, so it is important that all rules are followed so there is harmony. They are common sense and easy to abide by.
- IN ORDER TO AVOID BUGS:
ANY food in the bedroom must be in sealed container.
Any garbage containing food must be put in the kitchen garbage can immediately. Please sort recyclables into specified garbage can(s)
- If you open the windows, they must be closed/locked before you leave the house.
- If you use the A/C, please turned off when you leave.
- If you use the heater, please turn it off when you leave.
- Please turn off the lights when you leave.
- PLEASE let me know ASAP if you spill on the bedding/couch so it can be cleaned up and does not leave a stain. Replacement cost for bedding is $100. Please don't eat in the bed.
- *note* I usually never need to enter the room during a guests stay, but do reserve the right to do so if I need to grab something out of the closet, or filing cabinet. I will always knock before entering as I am cognizant of your privacy.
- Please be dressed or wear a robe when leaving the room (No underwear crossing please).
- Leave the door fully OPEN when not in use.
- Leave the toilet seat UP
- PLEASE spray down the tub/shower after use and throw hair/etc from the drain into the toilet
- MEN, if you overshoot when using the toilet, PLEASE wipe it up.
- ALWAYS flush the toilet
- PLEASE wipe down the sink/counter after use
- DO NOT leave your items in the bathroom, except on the bottom shelf in the shower.
- PLEASE do only use items that are CLEARLY MARKED for guest use -
- ONLY use the towels given to you upon check-in.
- I have a basket of Toilet Paper in case the roll runs out on you. This is NOT for you to stockpile and take rolls home with you. Seriously – this has happened more than once. Don't do it. I am not a hotel.
- The bathroom hours for the host is 5:00AM-8:00AM. If you need to use the bathroom earlier due to scheduling, that is fine, just PLEASE let the host know by the night before.
- You may use the dishes but you must clean up IMMEDIATELY after use.
- You may use the appliances, toaster, microwave but again, must clean up after use.
- You are welcome to use salt/pepper in the containers on the fridge. Other then that, there is a deli across the street and a grocery store 2 blocks away to purchase items. Please do not get into our fridge/cabinets for food. When everyone needs “just a little" it adds up to a lot.
- You have access to your bedroom, the kitchen, the hall and the Bathroom. You shall NEVER have access to the other 2 bedrooms – This is my family's private living space. This is just creepy and unacceptable. If this happens, you will be asked to leave immediately. If you DO have questions and I am currently in the shared living space, please text me
- Our dog is well trained and friendly, but do not just rush up to her & give her loves. She will not appreciate it. Always ask for permission before petting her. I will introduce you to her upon arrival so she knows you are an invited guest. If she is not comfortable with you, she will just avoid you. Again, she is well trained and is generally very friendly when she knows you are supposed to be there.
- Smoking is not allowed... even SMOKERS are not allowed. I am allergic and intolerant of the smell smokers bring into my home and sheets. This was specifically listed as a prerequisite before you booked the apartment. So if you are a smoker you will have to just not smoke while you are here even outside. If there is ANY indication this rule has been broken, you will be charged a $250 bedding replacement fee and asked to immediately leave. Of course, same goes with drugs.
- PLEASE PLEASE be aware that check-out is at 10AM SHARP. I need the time to flip the apartment for the next guest. Please don't make it awkward for both of us by pushing this. If you are more the 15 min late checking out, there will be a late check out charge of $25 per 30 min increment. Please, let's just not go there.
- If you will be leaving earlier than 10AM (and need to use the bathroom earlier, etc) please let me know.
- If you used the hide-a-bed please just leave it open. Please place all of your trash in the garbage can. Hang the used towels on the hooks on the closet. Leave your keys in the basket.
- Thank you for staying with us! Safe Travels!
EMERGENCY NUMBERS – All emergency call 911
Nearest Hospital: NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center. 630 W 168th St, New York, NY (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (Subway A/C exit 168th street – Cross streets 168/Broadway)
Nearest Clinic: Community Healthcare Network; 511 W 157th St, New York, NY
Nearest Police Station: 30th Precinct. 451 W 151st St, New York, NY
**Fire extinguisher under the sink.
**Gas shut-off behind stove
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 47 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I pride myself on taking care of my guests. I always do my best to personally be there there to check in each guest so I can show you around and make sure you feel comfortable and are happy with the apartment. I'll take the time to show you how to get to the subway station, give you your own Subway Map, and direct you to the local grocery store. We can discuss the easiest way to traverse the city and help ensure your vacation is fabulous! I will show you how to utilize the washer/dryer and basically answer any additional questions you may have. I know how important/expensive and important these vacations can be and I want to make sure your lodging is NOT something you need to worry about! I want you to be able to spend your time enjoying NYC with your friends & family, and anything I can do to make your vacation memorable (in a good way) makes me happy!